Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 10:19)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 23:56)Rastan Wrote: RE: Would it be possible to fix channel numbers over 99 that aren't displaying correctly?

Thanks for the ongoing work you have done on this wonderful addon! I love the new addition of more channels for us to populate. 999 will keep me going for a while Big Grin
I noticed the channel number problem a while ago and hope you can get to the bottom of it. It seems it does indeed effect all skins. I have taken a screenshot of PTV displaying channels over 100.

I'm going to take a guess and say it's a skin issue since all of those, if I remember correctly, based off of my original skin. I'll do a quick update with regards to the ReFocus skin and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks for looking into it Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Abe Froman - 2012-03-30

What feature was removed that made things smooth? Smooth is good. Removing features is bad. This needs to be fixed, whether difficult or not.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 20:20)Abe Froman Wrote: What feature was removed that made things smooth? Smooth is good. Removing features is bad. This needs to be fixed, whether difficult or not.

+1..totally agree Abe. Removing a feature that makes things worse than they were is never good.

Jason...have you broached this subject with any of the programmers to find out why this scripting "feature" was removed?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-03-30

There was the ability to call xbmcgui.lock and unlock. These locked the drawing in XBMC until unlock was called so that you didn't have to deal with processing each GUI item as they were created or modified, it could just deal with them all at once. This is now deprecated, although in reality it's now just a stub. I'm guessing that there were conflicts with the dirty region feature. The farthest I ever got with the discussion was this. I've actually been messing a bit with it today in the hopes of coming up with some magical method for making this better...no luck so far.

FDorsey: Thanks for the log. I think I may have fixed the problem (hard to tell since I can't test it). Download stable-pre and try it out.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 20:55)Jason102 Wrote: There was the ability to call xbmcgui.lock and unlock. These locked the drawing in XBMC until unlock was called so that you didn't have to deal with processing each GUI item as they were created or modified, it could just deal with them all at once. This is now deprecated, although in reality it's now just a stub. I'm guessing that there were conflicts with the dirty region feature. The farthest I ever got with the discussion was this. I've actually been messing a bit with it today in the hopes of coming up with some magical method for making this better...no luck so far.

FDorsey: Thanks for the log. I think I may have fixed the problem (hard to tell since I can't test it). Download stable-pre and try it out.

Looks as if you didn't get too far with the developers. That's too bad.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Merc33 - 2012-03-30

@Merc33 - On Bumpers:
1. Make a folder based channel (Lets say channel 200)
2. Point to your BBC Bumpers folder (for example)

HOW Do i make a Folder based Directory Channel? I am lost on this part. When I make a Channel in Channel Config I see Playlist and Directory---but when I click the Directory setting on channel config it seems to load my E: cdrvie and F: mem stick reader...why wont Directory mode point to my FILES Mode or directories i already have added. I just dont see how to ADD a directory folder based off unscrapped content. Why does directory mode only point to my CD drives?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - ihaterich - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 21:40)Merc33 Wrote: @Merc33 - On Bumpers:
1. Make a folder based channel (Lets say channel 200)
2. Point to your BBC Bumpers folder (for example)

HOW Do i make a Folder based Directory Channel? I am lost on this part. When I make a Channel in Channel Config I see Playlist and Directory---but when I click the Directory setting on channel config it seems to load my E: cdrvie and F: mem stick reader...why wont Directory mode point to my FILES Mode or directories i already have added. I just dont see how to ADD a directory folder based off unscrapped content. Why does directory mode only point to my CD drives?

Directory mode should just point to your local drives.

Here is an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGBEF79trsE&feature=plcp&context=C43d4addVDvjVQa1PpcFNZRJbu_ecib7m7EokrW3ioBultISzzth0%3D

If your content is on another machine you can still access by mapping the drive.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-03-30

I may have just solved the EPG issue. More info soon.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-30, 23:06)Jason102 Wrote: I may have just solved the EPG issue. More info soon.

Cool! Let us know.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Merc33 - 2012-03-31

Directory mode should just point to your local drives.

Here is an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGBEF79t...ISzzth0%3D

If your content is on another machine you can still access by mapping the drive.

I have Newest Eden and used old Eden and older scripts versions and its not showing my Directory structure. Ive cleaned out all directorys pertaining to Pseudo. My harddrives are directly linked to my main PC and finds all my local folders listed in FILES mode and more are mapped but when I try to ADD a DIRECTORY in Psuedo Channel Config I STILL only get my CD:rom and Mem card detected. Why wont it show my C:drive or any other folders i have mapped for my Huge library. I just want to add my unscrapped stuff to a Directory channel. Do I only need Dharma 10 and current script for it to properly find my Directories? I am not a Noob when it comes to all this and i saw the Youtube video and its so obviously easy to ADD directories but i cant understand why it only lists my CDrom and Memcard. Nothing is Networks mapped its basic simple main PC setup..argghh i love this script and i been thinking about it all DAY! and i so need dir to be listed. Do i need to reinstall OLD scripts? pls no!
Jason pls Help or anyone . Thanks for all your recent support.

Merc33
I swear its not showing any of my local drives i have set. I have 20 directories are mapped and mounted

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - ihaterich - 2012-03-31

Merc33 Wrote:yo yo i saw u online and wanted maybe ur help
i saw ur youtube post and it should be soo easy because i have many mounted directoryis in Video files mode all mounted...but why...hmm

when I try to ADD a DIRECTORY in Psuedo Channel Config I STILL only get my CD:rom and Mem card detected. Why wont it show my C:drive or any other folders i have mapped for my Huge library. I just want to add my unscrapped stuff to a Directory channel.

That's an unusual problem, and I don't know why it would only show removable drives.

One workaround might be to install Link Shell Extensions

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

You could create junctions on your memory card pointing to the directories you want to make channels for. This would make it appear those directories were actually hosted on the memory card.

Not an ideal solution, but will probably work.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Merc33 - 2012-03-31

I figured out why my drives were not sowing up for Directory mode. I dont like the fact that I Add Mounted folders in VIDEOS in XBMC and I also need to Mount the same directories in Pictures mode and the reason why my drives were not showing was because i needed to mount drives and folders under FILE Manager in XBMC...oh my god so many freaking mounting and XBMC should be a universal detecting drives for 1 category. I also think in FILES MODE in XBMC you should be able to select pictures and view them. Anyways Pseudo should make sure to mention that when in Directory Folder adding is to MAKE sure you mount your folders in FILE managers in XBMC or else ur drives wont be showing

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-03-31

Ok, check out stable-pre. The EPG should be very smooth now (after loading at least). I have to play some tricks to get this to work, but hey, it works.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - accurateweb - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 15:06)Jason102 Wrote: Ok, check out stable-pre. The EPG should be very smooth now (after loading at least). I have to play some tricks to get this to work, but hey, it works.

Yeah, I'm not seeing any improvement. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - phosphite - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 15:06)Jason102 Wrote: Ok, check out stable-pre. The EPG should be very smooth now (after loading at least). I have to play some tricks to get this to work, but hey, it works.

Seems fixed for me, just tried the stable pre on Eden and EPG doesn't have screen artifacts any more near the top. Great work, want to say thanks for PseudoTV as well, it's quite excellent!