Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-03-31

Crap, so apparently the fix is dependent on something...memory perhaps? The computer I tested it on saw a significant improvement in EPG speed. I just tested on my slower system and it really isn't faster at all. Very odd...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - czarphanguye - 2012-03-31

This is a fantastic add-on, just what I was hoping for. Thanks. (XBMC Ubuntu, Eden, add-on installed /via repo.)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - accurateweb - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 18:06)Jason102 Wrote: Crap, so apparently the fix is dependent on something...memory perhaps? The computer I tested it on saw a significant improvement in EPG speed. I just tested on my slower system and it really isn't faster at all. Very odd...

Yeah, my system isn't especially powerful. P4 2.4GHZ, 3GB DDR2, XP Home. I have a dedicated video card; GeForce something, 256MB. That should be powerful enough in this case though.

Huh

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Nietchie - 2012-03-31

Thanks for the awesome add-on!

However I am struggling with adding my smb sources. I have been struggling for the last few days trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have added the sources, scraped the lot, gone thru them and manually fixed those that didnt scrape, added my sources to the file manager, chosen every type of channel there is and I'm still getting the "could not find sources, make sure theyre scraped.." (or something like that).

anyone have any ideas? Any suggestion will be welcome.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - binarybomber - 2012-04-01

A helpful tip to anyone who may need it...

After the update a day or so ago, Pseudo would no longer populate my channels. It was saying there weren't any sources with which to populate. I have a very few local sources, most of my sources are strm files (Hulu, FreeCable, etc.)

To fix this, go into the setings, and select "Add IceLibrary Files" or whatever it says, can't remember exactly. This will cause the plugin to see those stream sources. Even though I don't even use IceLibrary, it still fixed it for me.

Hope that helps someone!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-04-01

Hello,

So I am trying to add an MTV type channel to my channels in PseudoTV. Has anyone done this yet?

I seem to be having a problem actually getting XBMC to recognize my music video files but when I get that sorted out, how would I go about creating the channel? Can PTV use a "Smart Playlist" that is set for "Music Videos"? Do I use the Directory thing? How do you folks set up a channel with music videos?

Thanks,
Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - FDorsey - 2012-04-01

(2012-03-30, 20:55)Jason102 Wrote: FDorsey: Thanks for the log. I think I may have fixed the problem (hard to tell since I can't test it). Download stable-pre and try it out.

Log looks the same, here is the new log with the new stable pre... http://pastebin.com/y45w95t0

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Abe Froman - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-01, 23:23)mwkurt Wrote: Hello,

So I am trying to add an MTV type channel to my channels in PseudoTV. Has anyone done this yet?

I seem to be having a problem actually getting XBMC to recognize my music video files but when I get that sorted out, how would I go about creating the channel? Can PTV use a "Smart Playlist" that is set for "Music Videos"? Do I use the Directory thing? How do you folks set up a channel with music videos?

Thanks,
Mark

Use directory channel is easiest.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - eQUIV - 2012-04-02

Did a search but couldn't find an answer for this.. I'm trying to create a stand-up comedy channel. I already have a "stand-up comedy" movie genre but I want to mix it with "Comedy Central Presents" which is a tv show of stand-up. Having a hard time getting this to work. Anyone have some suggestions for the best method?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - ihaterich - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 04:17)eQUIV Wrote: Did a search but couldn't find an answer for this.. I'm trying to create a stand-up comedy channel. I already have a "stand-up comedy" movie genre but I want to mix it with "Comedy Central Presents" which is a tv show of stand-up. Having a hard time getting this to work. Anyone have some suggestions for the best method?

I'm a little confused because I don't think XBMC has a Stand Up Comedy genre.

Here's how I did what you're trying to do:

I used XWMM to edit the genres of the movies and tv shows I wanted in my channel. I marked all my stand up movies, and Comedy Central Presents as belonging to the Comedy and Ska genres. I chose Ska because I didn't already have anything ska in my library.

Then in Psuedo TV I made a mixed genre channel for Ska and renamed it Stand Up.

Someone else may have a more elegant solution, but that worked for me.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 04:17)eQUIV Wrote: Did a search but couldn't find an answer for this.. I'm trying to create a stand-up comedy channel. I already have a "stand-up comedy" movie genre but I want to mix it with "Comedy Central Presents" which is a tv show of stand-up. Having a hard time getting this to work. Anyone have some suggestions for the best method?

Create a channel with "Stand up comedy as the movie genre. Then create an invisible channel of the show "Comedy Central Presents" (Channel Type: TV Show, Show: Comedy Central Presents Advanced Channel Rules: Don't play this channel) then go back to the original Stand up comedy movie genre channel and interleave the invisible "Comedy Central Presents" channel to it. You can use this method to add more comedy shows to your channel. Hope it helps Wink

(2012-04-02, 01:32)Abe Froman Wrote:

Thanks,
Mark

Yup, this is easiest. Just make sure you have named the videos something recognisable. As the file names will pop up on the what's coming up next dialogue.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 11:00)Rastan Wrote:

Create a channel with "Stand up comedy as the movie genre. Then create an invisible channel of the show "Comedy Central Presents" (Channel Type: TV Show, Show: Comedy Central Presents Advanced Channel Rules: Don't play this channel) then go back to the original Stand up comedy movie genre channel and interleave the invisible "Comedy Central Presents" channel to it. You can use this method to add more comedy shows to your channel. Hope it helps Wink

(2012-04-02, 01:32)Abe Froman Wrote:

Thanks,
Mark

Yup, this is easiest. Just make sure you have named the videos something recognisable. As the file names will pop up on the what's coming up next dialogue.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - ihaterich - 2012-04-02

Quote:Did a search but couldn't find an answer for this.. I'm trying to create a stand-up comedy channel. I already have a "stand-up comedy" movie genre but I want to mix it with "Comedy Central Presents" which is a tv show of stand-up. Having a hard time getting this to work. Anyone have some suggestions for the best method?
Quote:Create a channel with "Stand up comedy as the movie genre. Then create an invisible channel of the show "Comedy Central Presents" (Channel Type: TV Show, Show: Comedy Central Presents Advanced Channel Rules: Don't play this channel) then go back to the original Stand up comedy movie genre channel and interleave the invisible "Comedy Central Presents" channel to it. You can use this method to add more comedy shows to your channel. Hope it helps Wink

If I remember correctly, this method will treat Comedy Central Presents episodes like commercials and they won't appear in the program guide.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 14:39)ihaterich Wrote:
Quote:Did a search but couldn't find an answer for this.. I'm trying to create a stand-up comedy channel. I already have a "stand-up comedy" movie genre but I want to mix it with "Comedy Central Presents" which is a tv show of stand-up. Having a hard time getting this to work. Anyone have some suggestions for the best method?
Quote:Create a channel with "Stand up comedy as the movie genre. Then create an invisible channel of the show "Comedy Central Presents" (Channel Type: TV Show, Show: Comedy Central Presents Advanced Channel Rules: Don't play this channel) then go back to the original Stand up comedy movie genre channel and interleave the invisible "Comedy Central Presents" channel to it. You can use this method to add more comedy shows to your channel. Hope it helps Wink

If I remember correctly, this method will treat Comedy Central Presents episodes like commercials and they won't appear in the program guide.

They appear in the program guide fine for me. Although I'm not too sure if this method would work for a series that needs to be played in order. For the "Comedy Central Presents" you would need to add an additional rule and set it to only play unwatched in the advanced rules (to avoid repeats). However if it is for a show that needs to be played in order you could set the invisible channel to play tv show in order in advanced rules.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2012-04-02

As long as the 'Comedy Channel Presents' videos are long enough they will show in the EPG.
@ihaterich, there is a setting in the configuration to not show videos of a certain length in the EPG, you can set this yourself. Mine is set to about 2 mins so it doesn't show my bumper or commercial videos in the EPG. This is probably where you got confused.