Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - User 55003 - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-20, 23:37)Merc33 Wrote: How do I make Simple Range Compressor to be minimized upon startup? It seems like the program is NOT an actual installed program and making a Shortcut link and making the Link file startup up as minimized is not possible. I followed other suggested steps but the Simple Range program seems to already be a Linked file and i cant make that as a minimized shortcut either. Any sugesstions?

Mr. Merc33

You'll have to make a shortcut of the exe file and not the shortcut found in the start menu. The exe can be found here on a Win7 system, 'C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\JZRNKM18.J2R\9NOQ9YHA.NKR\simp..tion_253363fb0e5dc528_0001.0003_d78dd41d9e624a00\SimpleRangeCompressor.exe'. Make a shortcut of the exe, pop that in your startup folder and then go to properties of the shortcut and select Run: Minimized.

This will minimize the program to the Notification area on startup

Hope that helps. Wink

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Dmed1077 - 2012-08-21

I am new to pseudotv and think its quite fascinating! Although, I think something went wrong... Every time I try to open the configure section, it just loads to 90%. It get stuck there and I have to restart xbmc. What can I do to fix this if anything?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Merc33 - 2012-08-21

Thanks for the Simple ranger compressor advice! All is working now as you guys helped me find the shortcut file to run minimized...geez i thought id never get that working.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - angrycamel - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-21, 04:32)Dmed1077 Wrote: I am new to pseudotv and think its quite fascinating! Although, I think something went wrong... Every time I try to open the configure section, it just loads to 90%. It get stuck there and I have to restart xbmc. What can I do to fix this if anything?

Check for bad characters. There was a post from me about that a few pages back you can find by searching that should help. Not sure if it has been fixed yet or not.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - teeshapie - 2012-08-21

How can I add custom playlists to add to pseudotv on apple tv? I can't find the button to make smart playlists

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2012-08-21

Tried out stable-pre, but isn't working for me. Hangs at querying database when populating channels. Tried also with frodo, but same thing happens. When I deleted the channels on which it hangs, the other channels only show a few movies which are all the same on every channel.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - nachoyazid - 2012-08-22

Hi, thanks for all, PseudoTV is awesome. But i have one problem: i am not able to create channels of directories or smart playlists. When I do it the OK button in the channel configuration doesnt work, so i have to exit from the configuration. I am running 2.1.0 in pre-frodo, do the folders need to be in a special way or i am loosing anything?
Thanks, and one hug from Spain.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - angrycamel - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-18, 05:14)angrycamel Wrote: Having trouble getting a TED directory channel working.

The channel is configured as a directory channel.

Code:
<setting id="Channel_69_type" value="7" />
<setting id="Channel_69_1" value="C:\Users\Rob\Videos\Generic\TED.Talks\" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_1_id" value="14" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_1_opt_1" value="Yes" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_2_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_2_opt_1" value="TED" />
<setting id="Channel_69_changed" value="True" />

I am still stumped on what's not correct about the directory channel configuration I posted about in post 3153. Any help figuring out what's wrong would be appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spanktastic2120 - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 03:55)angrycamel Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 05:14)angrycamel Wrote: Having trouble getting a TED directory channel working.

The channel is configured as a directory channel.

Code:
<setting id="Channel_69_type" value="7" />
<setting id="Channel_69_1" value="C:\Users\Rob\Videos\Generic\TED.Talks\" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_1_id" value="14" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_1_opt_1" value="Yes" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_2_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_2_opt_1" value="TED" />
<setting id="Channel_69_changed" value="True" />

I am still stumped on what's not correct about the directory channel configuration I posted about in post 3153. Any help figuring out what's wrong would be appreciated.

could it be those backslashes? they seem to cause problems in everything else ive ever tried to do with xbmc.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - bittihuduga - 2012-08-23

can someone please share steps to include livestream links to pseudo tv?
how do we play channels listed in livestream in pseudo tv?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - ailingcoot - 2012-08-23

a newbie question: how to add plug-ins' channels like freecable/ 1 channel/ TED talks and so on?
Is there any detailed instruction(dummy version preferred) or linked articles or wiki?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - angrycamel - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-22, 10:30)spanktastic2120 Wrote: could it be those backslashes? they seem to cause problems in everything else ive ever tried to do with xbmc.

Thats a good thought, so I went through just now and tested every possible combination of the path (local/network) + (single slashes/double slashes) + (trailing slash/no trailing slash) but unfortunately nothing ever worked.

The directory contains strm files and the plugin is configured to play Icefilms. Is it possible that the streaming support is only supporting from streams in the library and does not work for directory channels?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - nachoyazid - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 05:46)angrycamel Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 10:30)spanktastic2120 Wrote: could it be those backslashes? they seem to cause problems in everything else ive ever tried to do with xbmc.

Thats a good thought, so I went through just now and tested every possible combination of the path (local/network) + (single slashes/double slashes) + (trailing slash/no trailing slash) but unfortunately nothing ever worked.

The directory contains strm files and the plugin is configured to play Icefilms. Is it possible that the streaming support is only supporting from streams in the library and does not work for directory channels?
¿Have you tried replacing a existing channel with the new one? I am not able to add my directory unless i do that. Also try without any "special" rule and using the correct form of the words. Example: If your directory is C:/Program Files... i think that c:/program files wont work.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-22, 01:08)nachoyazid Wrote: Hi, thanks for all, PseudoTV is awesome. But i have one problem: i am not able to create channels of directories or smart playlists. When I do it the OK button in the channel configuration doesnt work, so i have to exit from the configuration. I am running 2.1.0 in pre-frodo, do the folders need to be in a special way or i am loosing anything?

Have you mapped your directory folders as local folders to the pc that you are running PTV on?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - nachoyazid - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 12:37)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 01:08)nachoyazid Wrote: Hi, thanks for all, PseudoTV is awesome. But i have one problem: i am not able to create channels of directories or smart playlists. When I do it the OK button in the channel configuration doesnt work, so i have to exit from the configuration. I am running 2.1.0 in pre-frodo, do the folders need to be in a special way or i am loosing anything?

Have you mapped your directory folders as local folders to the pc that you are running PTV on?

Mark
Thanks Mark, but i solved it adding the channel trough setinngs2.xml and replacing a existing channel. It works perfect now. Thanks Wink