Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - karrade - 2012-10-25

(2012-07-13, 23:09)jackandjohn Wrote: Quick bug submission:

I'm on a 4:3 analog TV (on openelec with a raspberry pi), and when pulling up the channel config, it does this:

Seems to start the box at an absolute value, which means the left edge on my screen is in the centre, and the right edge is off the screen entirely.

How to fix Position of PsuedoTV Channel Configuration:
This is how I fixed the position on my machine I hope this will help someone else.

Edit: I put this in a pastie to keep the formatting : http://justpaste.it/1gce

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spanktastic2120 - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-24, 20:15)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. I am sure this has been asked before, but the sheer number of posts here makes just asking so much easier. I use video add-ons that add video to my library via .strm files. Since they are in my library, they show up in my EPG on PseudoTV, but when one of them loads I am kicked out of PsuedoTV. The video will play fine, it just goes back to normal XBMC and PseudoTV crashes.

Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? PseudoTV is one of my favorite add-ons and making this work would be a huge plus. If PseudoTV does not support .strm files, is there a way I can tell it not to include those files?

If youre using 1channel then you need to update to the latest version. If youre using something else then you should test to see if it uses playlists correctly. Make a playlist of a bunch of items from that source and then play it, if it erases your playlist once the first item starts then that is your problem and youll need to request for the creator to fix that issue. Pseudotv works by making playlists for every channel, if your add-on content messes with playlists it messes with PTV.
(2012-10-20, 10:31)xkudeki Wrote: I've been using "eden" for a few months now with the PseudoTV script running with all my media on another pc. I have a channel, 39 to be exact, for one tv show. It plays fine for a while and then disappears off of the EPG entirely(as in the listing goes ch37,ch38,____,ch40 and so on). This has happened 2 times now and all I can do is a force reset and the channel will reappear.I had the same problem with the TVTime script as well, same show and channel. Please help me. (I think that when it runs every episode and resests, the "only air unwatched" comes into effect, even though I do not have that enabled.) Any help is appreciated!

If you have time between channel resets as "automatic" then its possible that channel is just reaching the end of its playlist and then being removed. Try turning background updating to "on," then it should recreate the channel once it finishes playing every item in it.

Ive noticed in my setup that i will randomly see messages about channels getting added that were always there, so i assume this is what PTV is doing. So try those settings and let us know if it fixes your problem.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - neomits - 2012-10-27

I'm loving this add-on, but am having problems with special playlists. I've created some playlists to make adding channels of specific shows easier, but they very rarely work. I can add them to the configurator, but they do not appear as channels once I'm playing Pseudo.

Anyone else had trouble with this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - zonoz - 2012-10-28

(2012-10-24, 21:43)D-MaxPWR Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 14:15)misternolegs Wrote:
(2012-10-20, 05:37)D-MaxPWR Wrote: I have been having this same problem for a few months now ever since I set up my Pseudo Tv and I can't get anyone to solve this. Jason did add a time delay type option on a recent nightly build but it did nothing for me besides delay the time it took to hangs channels :/ I'm on a Mac as well and all my videos stores on a external HD I was hoping maybe it was the lag time between the external and the computer via USB? Other than that this issue seems to be ignored unfortunately Sad

Yea this issue seems to be ignored. I have the same setup as you (Mac with files on external HD, etc)

For the heck of it, installed everything on an old Windows 7 laptop and put the same HD in it that was in my Mac. No audio popping. So it seems like this is an issue that Pseudo TV is having with the Mac.

Then for a little bit of testing, I moved a few folders off of the iMac's external onto the desktop and made some channels from those so they were running straight from the Mac... still lots of extremely loud popping.

I guess at this point, I am trying to figure out what to do. Two options and I would love to hear some opinion:

1) Original "easy" idea was to stream XBMC/PTV from my Mac onto an Apple TV downstairs using Airplay. This is the preferred, girlfriend-friendly option since she's all about ATV. BUT we sold our ATV so I can't really do any testing. Would I be able to mute the Mac upstairs so that the popping isn't messing with my speakers (and so we don't keep hear it echoing from upstairs)? And secondly, if I were to successfully mute the Mac but still Airplay down to the ATV, would this crazy loud popping sound be sent down to my TV via Airplay? It's pretty deal-breaking, it's that bad. Been using it in my office and hitting mute whenever I changed channels, but really would kind of destroy the whole channel-flipping appeal of PTV if that popping followed us downstairs to the TV.

2) Then of course the second option is to repurpose my old Windows 7 laptop into a stand alone HTPC. Which would obviously work, but would turn into a pretty big point of contention since the laptop is pretty huge and would take up a lot of space on our media center.... aka not aesthetic friendly aka a major point of contention for my aesthetic-minded girlfriend, and therefore me by proxy.

Thoughts? Has there really been no word/fix on this Mac audio popping issue? Does anyone have experience using PTV via Airplay, and if so does the popping sound follow down through the Airplay?

I actually did some testing this weekend too and sure enough, my pseudo tv doen't pop when I boot into my Windows 7 partition within my mac! So its definitely a software side issue with xbmc/pseudo tv and OSX Hmmm....Huh

I'm not too familiar with macs and the audio chip used, but I recall an issue a while back with some Asus Xonar soundcards in windows that would cause poping when starting media in xbmc.The issue was hardware,driver related and the workaround that fixed it was to, keep mic active(make sure not muted), and set mic level to 0.
Most likely not relevant to macs, but maybe worth checking into your mixer settings and mute/unmute things.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Wilbox - 2012-10-30

Hi,
Trying to create a directory channel on a network share, have added the share as a source
in file manager, by browsing and by network address, I can see and play the files there,
but Psuedo won't create the channel.

ATV1, Crystalbuntu
Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/wf2zvqYK

Very grateful for any help

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - tehoneac - 2012-10-31

Question regarding EPG metadata: the episodes listed in channels I've created with smart playlists don't include episode name, plot, etc. in the EPG info box - they only list the file name (e.g. Community S01E01). However, channels based on network or genre seem to be scraped normally. I have not yet tried out directory channels.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix? Do I need to populate the metadata manually? Most of my shows do not include built-in metadata (I've just let XBMC to gather the needed info automatically). Again, it seems like videos are scraped normally in the other channel types, but not playlist channels. I tried searching the thread but had no luck, and thought someone might have a quick fix.

Thanks to all for the info in this thread!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jeremytodd1 - 2012-10-31

Anyone know if there is a way to put PseudoTV on the homescreen?

Here is the code I'm using now but I'm sure it's wrong as I haven't really added something like this to the homescreen beforeL

<item id="25">
<label>Watch TV</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Addons,Programs,PseudoTV,return)</onclick>
</item>

Am I way off here? lol. Could someone help me with the code so that I can push "Watch TV" on the homescreen and it'll bring me right to PseudoTV?

EDIT: Figured it out. Here is the correct code that I used:

<!--PseudoTV-->
<item id="25">
<label>Watch TV</label>
<onclick>XBMC.runscript(script.pseudotv)</onclick>
</item>

Next question though. PseudoTV is now at the bottom of the list on my homescreen. How do I move it up?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for - rynsmns - 2012-11-01

Just wanted to drop a note to say THANK YOU to Jason. This app really rocks. I had previously just used playlists to play randomized content. This has changed all of that. Now I am creating channels, interleaving idents, and having a great time.

I remember Disney Channel from the late 80's which had Disney shows, movies, and theme park related stuff. That channel is dead replaced by tween stars. I can bring it back. Smile

Then you have other channels that have been destroyed like Toon Disney (Now Disney XD) or how about History Channel without all the fluff?

The possibilities are just endless...

way to empower people Jason, seriously...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - karrade - 2012-11-02

(2012-10-31, 07:25)jeremytodd1 Wrote: Anyone know if there is a way to put PseudoTV on the homescreen?

Here is the code I'm using now but I'm sure it's wrong as I haven't really added something like this to the homescreen beforeL

<item id="25">
<label>Watch TV</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Addons,Programs,PseudoTV,return)</onclick>
</item>

Am I way off here? lol. Could someone help me with the code so that I can push "Watch TV" on the homescreen and it'll bring me right to PseudoTV?

EDIT: Figured it out. Here is the correct code that I used:

<!--PseudoTV-->
<item id="25">
<label>Watch TV</label>
<onclick>XBMC.runscript(script.pseudotv)</onclick>
</item>

Next question though. PseudoTV is now at the bottom of the list on my homescreen. How do I move it up?

try switching the item id with a higher item on the list

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Tyzing - 2012-11-04

Could anyone upload their folder to a dropbox or something? I've tried doing the screen resolution fix to allow for channel editing and I failed and I failed on the webserver checks as well so it wont even load on the recent nightly.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-11-04

(2012-11-04, 17:51)Tyzing Wrote: Could anyone upload their folder to a dropbox or something? I've tried doing the screen resolution fix to allow for channel editing and I failed and I failed on the webserver checks as well so it wont even load on the recent nightly.

For the channel editing problem. Have you tried PseudoTv Manager?

As far as the Frodo recent nightly builds I don't think PseudoTV is compatable with it any more. At least in my experience that is. It loads up the channels and just sits on a black screen for me. I was very much hoping Jason would further develop a Frodo freindly version. In the meantime it looks like Frodo and PseudoTV is a no no Sad

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rynsmns - 2012-11-05

Here is how I was able to get Amazon and PsuedoTV to get along... mostly...

1) Grab the Bluecop Repository
2) Install the Amazon Plugin
3) Updated the Librtmp file to version 2.4 as specified in the Bluecop Amazon Plugin Thread. You do this by downloading rtmpdump/librtmp 2.4+ from any website and taking the one file out of the zip file and copying it over the existing file in XBMC.
4) In the setup on the Amazon plugin I put in my username and password for Prime.
5) Go into the plugin and one by one highlighted the tv shows or movies I wanted. Pressed "C" on the TV Show to bring up the context menu and then exported to library.
6) Amazon stores the information in seperate TV and MOVIES folders within it's addon userdata. I added these folders to my library and had XBMC scrape the information.
7) After that was done I performed a library cleanup.
8) I then forced PsuedoTV to update the channels, enabled Icefilms.

There is more that can be done such as updating the scraped metadata but the minimum I believe needs to be performed is above.

Now when I surf the channels if I come across Amazon content it loads up.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - grope - 2012-11-07

Is there a way of making PsuedoTV auto update the listings for a channel if I add a new episode?

The only way I can see is to do a Force Reset, which is annoying as it sends all my chans back to Series 1 Episode 1

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-07, 17:46)grope Wrote: Is there a way of making PsuedoTV auto update the listings for a channel if I add a new episode?

The only way I can see is to do a Force Reset, which is annoying as it sends all my chans back to Series 1 Episode 1

You can set the channel to auto-update every day in the "channel rules" settings.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - grope - 2012-11-08

Never mind

Thanks