Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Vaneshi - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-09, 14:06)jurm Wrote: NFS is at 192.168.0.6 and smb is at Admin-PC with username and pass as xbmc if you could help me with what to put into /etc/fstab

Ok, step 1: Create a directory to use.
mkdir -p /mnt/nfsmedia
mkdir -p /mnt/smbmedia

Step 2: edit fstab
nano -w /etc/fstab

192.168.0.6:/this/is/my/nfsshare /mnt/nfsmedia nfs defaults 0 0
192.168.0.?:/this/is/my/smbshare /mnt/smbmedia smbfs username=xbmc,password=xbmc 0 0

It's prefered to use the ip addresses over hostnames in fstab as often during that point in booting things like DNS look-ups can be a bit... strange (i.e. not all services are up and waiting for requests).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-12-10

Hey everyone. I haven't been around in a while, and I suspect that the situation will continue like this indefinitely. As I understand it, PTV doesn't so much work in Frodo. I will be working on that since I'll need it to work when I update my own systems.

So the question: are there any other critical issues that have come up recently? Or is it primarily this Frodo thing? Also: have there been any modifications worth putting into the release version?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - binarybomber - 2012-12-10

Hi Jason102...big fan of PTV, love it on my Ubuntu system.

I've been trying to use it on my Apple TV 2, to no avail. It seems as if the channels are populating, and it usually starts playing some video but it pretty much locks up the system whenever I try to change channels or bring up the EPG.

Are their any tips you have that I can do to fix this, or is it just due to the ATV's resources? I plan on upgrading to Frodo in the next few weeks, if most folks have no problems with the Apple TV. Thanks for a great addon!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 00:39)Jason102 Wrote: Hey everyone. I haven't been around in a while, and I suspect that the situation will continue like this indefinitely. As I understand it, PTV doesn't so much work in Frodo. I will be working on that since I'll need it to work when I update my own systems.

So the question: are there any other critical issues that have come up recently? Or is it primarily this Frodo thing? Also: have there been any modifications worth putting into the release version?

Great to have you back Jason! Big Grin

The only issue I see once tinkering the CODE to get it working on Frodo is the EPG is a bit slow. It would be great if you could take a look into in when you work on an official Frodo compatable version. Plus the new Trakt addon prevents PTV from starting (Not sure if its a PTV or Trakt issue though)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Monks3 - 2012-12-10

Jason - I'm a huge fan of your work. You asked if there were any mods worth putting into the release version.
I'm sure you are aware of the fork that is out there. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141656 I think it would be really cool if you could look at that idea and consider putting that into your PTV baseline.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 02:29)Rastan Wrote:
Quote:...the new Trakt addon prevents PTV from starting (Not sure if its a PTV or Trakt issue though)

Log?

[quote='Monks3' pid='1261333' dateline='1355101848']
Jason - I'm a huge fan of your work. You asked if there were any mods worth putting into the release version.
I'm sure you are aware of the fork that is out there. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141656 I think it would be really cool if you could look at that idea and consider putting that into your PTV baseline.

I Would agree... I know live stream isn't something you are interested in adding to PTV but tuner support would be ideal... and the work is about 90% finished...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 04:06)Lunatixz Wrote: [quote='Rastan' pid='1261304' dateline='1355099344']
Quote:...the new Trakt addon prevents PTV from starting (Not sure if its a PTV or Trakt issue though)

Log?

I already posted a log a few posts back HERE Wink

...At the time of posting that log I never knew Trakt was preventing PTV from starting. After posting that log I deleted all non essential addons. Then added them back one by one whilst testing PTV and found it it was Trakt messing things up.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 04:33)Rastan Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 04:06)Lunatixz Wrote: [quote='Rastan' pid='1261304' dateline='1355099344']

Log?

I already posted a log a few posts back HERE Wink

...At the time of posting that log I never knew Trakt was preventing PTV from starting. After posting that log I deleted all non essential addons. Then added them back one by one whilst testing PTV and found it it was Trakt messing things up.

Okay thanks... going to check it out... I know that trakt, watchlist.. and any script that checks xbmc watched status sometimes causes ptv to lock up but never had it cause a problem starting the script. btw when I say PTV locks up the problem is not from PTV But the way XBMC handles smartplaylists.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 00:08)Vaneshi Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 14:06)jurm Wrote: NFS is at 192.168.0.6 and smb is at Admin-PC with username and pass as xbmc if you could help me with what to put into /etc/fstab

Ok, step 1: Create a directory to use.
mkdir -p /mnt/nfsmedia
mkdir -p /mnt/smbmedia

Step 2: edit fstab
nano -w /etc/fstab

192.168.0.6:/this/is/my/nfsshare /mnt/nfsmedia nfs defaults 0 0
192.168.0.?:/this/is/my/smbshare /mnt/smbmedia smbfs username=xbmc,password=xbmc 0 0

It's prefered to use the ip addresses over hostnames in fstab as often during that point in booting things like DNS look-ups can be a bit... strange (i.e. not all services are up and waiting for requests).

Thanks, this worked a treat

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 00:39)Jason102 Wrote: Hey everyone. I haven't been around in a while, and I suspect that the situation will continue like this indefinitely. As I understand it, PTV doesn't so much work in Frodo. I will be working on that since I'll need it to work when I update my own systems.

Hi Jason102,

Good to see you here again. The main problem with Frodo is that it won't start due to the code in default.py and the configuration screens (where I've seen a pull request on github for).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2012-12-10

I'm having an issue where if the Info comes up on the screen, PsuedoTV crashes. Anyone else getting this?

The info is also massively skewed to the right so I can only see half the text

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-10, 19:23)jurm Wrote: I'm having an issue where if the Info comes up on the screen, PsuedoTV crashes. Anyone else getting this?

are you running windows xbmc? if so disable dss fanart Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - somekindahate - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-10, 19:23)jurm Wrote: I'm having an issue where if the Info comes up on the screen, PsuedoTV crashes. Anyone else getting this?

To fix this crash on ubuntu, I edited the Overlay.py file and commented out the three lines that have "xbmc.executehttpapi" in it. Just add at # in front of the three lines that have "xbmc.executehttpapi".

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - User 55003 - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-10, 19:23)jurm Wrote: The info is also massively skewed to the right so I can only see half the text

I temp fixed this by commenting out..

self.setCoordinateResolution(1)

in the three files where it is a problem..

config.py
AdvancedConfig.py
Overlay.py

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2012-12-11

Thanks, did both of them and both worked