Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2013-01-17

found another bug
when i see a channel, i switch to another one or get out of Ptv.
if i go right back it will start the movie from the beginning.
in addition to the problem with the EPG which is around an hour and a half early and i need to move back 2 movies to see the correct one.
am i the only one who is experiencing this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-17, 20:32)EZ1976 Wrote: found another bug
when i see a channel, i switch to another one or get out of Ptv.
if i go right back it will start the movie from the beginning.
in addition to the problem with the EPG which is around an hour and a half early and i need to move back 2 movies to see the correct one.
am i the only one who is experiencing this?

some channels are correct and have no problem.
some i need to move back or forward to see the info.
is is freaking annoying and the only problem i have with frodo.
please can someone tell me at least i am not alone here?
otherwise i will need to rethink going back to eden

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spyder - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-17, 21:26)EZ1976 Wrote: some channels are correct and have no problem.
According to this post, there are issues with epg sync. I couldn't get .strm files to populate channels(and nobody to confirm that this was an issue), so I just went back to eden.

(2013-01-17, 21:57)spyder Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 21:26)EZ1976 Wrote: some channels are correct and have no problem.
According to this post, there are issues with epg sync. I couldn't get .strm files to populate channels(and nobody to confirm that this was an issue), so I just went back to eden.
i just tried going back to eden but it didnt downgrade my mysql database.
so i will need to wait till it is resolved

cant think about redoing it again in myqsl

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - fernicus - 2013-01-18

I've added a channels that play a smart playlist and some that play from a directory. I've noticed in these channels it's only showing the file name and not the episode name or info on the EPG. Sucks because I don't have the show names in my file names so I don't know what the show is on t he EPG. The network or movie channels on the EPG show the show name and info. I've been searching these forums and have noticed other people had this problem, but no one has addressed it. Does anyone know how to fix this so that my playlist and directory channels look like the network channels on the EPG?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Moused - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-17, 04:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 04:10)Moused Wrote: How would I go about setting up PseudoTV to autostart with XBMC?
I know this has been spoken about before via autoexec.py - but from my understanding this is/will be obsolete?

just Google it you will find two or three xbmc service scripts that start ptv...

Not having much luck.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 01:22)Moused Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 04:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 04:10)Moused Wrote: How would I go about setting up PseudoTV to autostart with XBMC?
I know this has been spoken about before via autoexec.py - but from my understanding this is/will be obsolete?

just Google it you will find two or three xbmc service scripts that start ptv...

Not having much luck.

Really?
http://www.google.com/search?q=xbmc+pseudotv+autostart&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS506US506&oq=xbmc+pseudotv+autostart&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 00:45)fernicus Wrote: I've added a channels that play a smart playlist and some that play from a directory. I've noticed in these channels it's only showing the file name and not the episode name or info on the EPG. Sucks because I don't have the show names in my file names so I don't know what the show is on t he EPG. The network or movie channels on the EPG show the show name and info. I've been searching these forums and have noticed other people had this problem, but no one has addressed it. Does anyone know how to fix this so that my playlist and directory channels look like the network channels on the EPG?

I'm still using Eden and I don't think there is a fix for this. Whenever you use playlists or Directories you won't get the show name or info on the EPG.

Not the solution you're looking for but the workaround I use is to create only Network Channels for my TV Shows. First I decide which shows are going to be on the Network Channel I want to create. Then I have XBMC scrape my tv show library then I export my library to seperate folders. Now I go to the show's folder and edit the studio tag inside tvshow.info:

<studio>ABC<studio/>
to
<studio>Disney XD<studio/>

This way all shows that I change to Disney XD will appear on this channel.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2013-01-18

Need a little help. I have my Network channels set up this way:

1. PLAY TV SHOWS IN ORDER
2. PAUSE WHEN NOT WATCHING
3. Force RESUME MODE

Which is working great. All shows are paused when i'm not watching them. Except if I exit Pseudotv without stopping playback first. When I launch Pseudotv again the channel/show I was on starts from the beginning. If I stop playback THEN exit Pseudotv, when I launch Pseudotv again it resumes where I left off.

So my question is, does anyone have or know a fix for this? What I would like is when I get the confirmation exit screen and click yes for it to stop playback then exit. (i'm still on Eden using with Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-3855390)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 05:52)gonzo90017 Wrote: Need a little help. I have my Network channels set up this way:

1. PLAY TV SHOWS IN ORDER
2. PAUSE WHEN NOT WATCHING
3. Force RESUME MODE

Which is working great. All shows are paused when i'm not watching them. Except if I exit Pseudotv without stopping playback first. When I launch Pseudotv again the channel/show I was on starts from the beginning. If I stop playback THEN exit Pseudotv, when I launch Pseudotv again it resumes where I left off.

So my question is, does anyone have or know a fix for this? What I would like is when I get the confirmation exit screen and click yes for it to stop playback then exit. (i'm still on Eden using with Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-3855390)

When you stop PTV it saves your playtime status in settings2.xml... without exiting properly ptv won't know at what point you stop watching a show and will most likely resume play from were you last exited correctly... their is no way around this.. but you could change the exit process to include the stop function first.

I thought I was exiting properly:
ESC
Exit Confirmation screen
Click on Yes.

Anyways XBMC noob here. Could you please tell me how to change the exit process to include the stop function?

(2013-01-18, 07:12)gonzo90017 Wrote: I thought I was exiting properly:
ESC
Exit Confirmation screen
Click on Yes.

Anyways XBMC noob here. Could you please tell me how to change the exit process to include the stop function?

What I meant by exiting properly is that the channel you are watching isn't being changed or stopped... so simply exiting (because you are in resume mode) I believe will not save the state of your show.

BTW before we do anything can I suggest you change your channel setup? delete resume mode... just add pause channel when not watching... this will load the channel at the point you stopped watching and should fix your problem...

I can pm you with modified version...when I get a chance.

Thank you very much. I would really appreciate it.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Sranshaft - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 00:45)fernicus Wrote: I've added a channels that play a smart playlist and some that play from a directory. I've noticed in these channels it's only showing the file name and not the episode name or info on the EPG. Sucks because I don't have the show names in my file names so I don't know what the show is on t he EPG. The network or movie channels on the EPG show the show name and info. I've been searching these forums and have noticed other people had this problem, but no one has addressed it. Does anyone know how to fix this so that my playlist and directory channels look like the network channels on the EPG?

Directory channels don't have show name info because PseudoTV is pulling the video file directly from the folder so there isn't going to be any metadata associated with those files. There isn't any way around this unless Jason adds in .nfo parsing support for directory channels which would be a pain in ass IMO.

(2013-01-18, 07:12)gonzo90017 Wrote: I thought I was exiting properly:
ESC
Exit Confirmation screen
Click on Yes.

If you're using the latest stable-pre version of PseudoTV in conjunction with Eden then you're using the wrong version. Jason recently removed support for Eden so this might be the cause of your issues. I'd suggest rolling back to the master release, which should be Eden-ready, or update XBMC to Frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dscraw4d - 2013-01-18

I have just installed the latest pre on my XBMC Frodo Rc 3 WITH nOX 4 and setting up the channels works fine nut launching it just produces a black screen, I tried it with confluence to the same results.. black screen.
I have 111 channels