Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: pseudotv - thepineapple - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 04:43)thatkookooguy Wrote: I managed to make the seek bar disappear.... but it didn't make things any faster Undecided

Well, I did warn ya Smile I must say though, I don't find flipping up and down channels all that slow. Ever try 'channel surfing' on digital cable? It's roughly the same speed. You can't rapid click like on analog TV, but if that's what you're hoping for, I think your expectations might be a bit high.

RE: pseudotv - mwkurt - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 06:03)thepineapple Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 04:43)thatkookooguy Wrote: I managed to make the seek bar disappear.... but it didn't make things any faster Undecided

Well, I did warn ya Smile I must say though, I don't find flipping up and down channels all that slow. Ever try 'channel surfing' on digital cable? It's roughly the same speed. You can't rapid click like on analog TV, but if that's what you're hoping for, I think your expectations might be a bit high.

PseudoTV's EPG speed in Dharma was lightning fast and it would be today had not XBMC code been changed. Why shouldn't we expect the same speed or better on a supposedly improved version of XBMC?

Mark

RE: pseudotv - thatkookooguy - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 06:03)thepineapple Wrote:

Well... your right... flipping up and down channels on digital cable is slow.... but you do get the option of moving up and down with the information box without changing channels (at least in my cable provider). So you still see the same channel but you see the info of another channel (and not in the EPG)

Movie Sets - jdoggvt - 2013-02-13

I know this isn't a PTV problem, but is anyone else having issues with movie set channels? This playlist:

[quote]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Harry Potter</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="set" operator="is">Harry Potter Collection</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>[\quote]

only produces an error in the log. I have about 20 channels set up that use the <set> tag and all of them fail.

[RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - bigbazz - 2013-02-13

Hi there

I'm currently running Frodo on windows using the pre-stable version of pseudotv from the github site and have been unable to get it to work. I have my media stored on a central server and run a mysql database.

Each time I try to run pseudotv I receive the error unable to populate channels... I have run the debugger and it looks like it is able to open the xml playlists but when it trys to parse them it fails. I have included a copy of the debug log from when the pseudotv script is initiated until the fatal error is received. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=35308
I can provide the rest of the log if it is required. If anyone is knows what may be causing this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Brad

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG - jeremytodd1 - 2013-02-15

I'm having a problem with PsuedoTV. After flipping through channels I always end up getting this error:

http://i.minus.com/iwPyyrJkZIs0i.PNG

I'm on Frodo.

R - thepineapple - 2013-02-15

Q: How can I force PseudoTV to play 240p videos? It refuses. (videos which play fine in the XBMC library)

question - tommymsw - 2013-02-15

I have a problem. One of my channels "sci-fi movies" will only play the same 5 movies over and over, some of them are the same two in a row. No matter how far I go into the future, it's always only those 5. The playlist I used to make the channel has like 40 movies in it and when I play the playlist, it plays all of the movies. I have tried doing a channel refresh but still just those 5 populate the channel. I even tried "ascending" and "descending" order to the playlist to see if I could get different movies, and no luck. I'm totally stumped!

Also... When using PTV, the video no longer fills my screen, if i watch the show though the "tv shows" section, the video is right to the edge, by when i run PTV, my TV has a black border around it, even the mouse cuts off in the black area, so it's not just the video.

PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - GuyDanger - 2013-02-15

Has anyone been able to get this working on ATV2 running Frodo? I have recently re-jail broken my ATV2 and upgraded all add-ons including XBMC. I can't seem to get PseudoTV to work. I have tried some of the tricks available in this thread. But nothing has worked for me. Is it an ATV2 issue or still ongoing issues with Frodo?

Thanks in advance. PTV is awesome!!!

RE: question - foxxiee - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 08:18)tommymsw Wrote: I have a problem. One of my channels "sci-fi movies" will only play the same 5 movies over and over, some of them are the same two in a row. No matter how far I go into the future, it's always only those 5. The playlist I used to make the channel has like 40 movies in it and when I play the playlist, it plays all of the movies. I have tried doing a channel refresh but still just those 5 populate the channel. I even tried "ascending" and "descending" order to the playlist to see if I could get different movies, and no luck. I'm totally stumped!

Also... When using PTV, the video no longer fills my screen, if i watch the show though the "tv shows" section, the video is right to the edge, by when i run PTV, my TV has a black border around it, even the mouse cuts off in the black area, so it's not just the video.

I get the same problem, whatever the playlist contains, my channels never seem to populate the entire playlist. I just put it down to this plugin having a bunch of bugs to kill Tongue.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - hmw_82 - 2013-02-16

Can someone help me out. I installed PseudoTv addon on frodo, but when ever i try opening it, i get this error message: 'Script failed! : XBMC-PseudoTV-master'. Been googling this all day and cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Sranshaft - 2013-02-16

(2013-02-16, 02:50)hmw_82 Wrote: Can someone help me out. I installed PseudoTv addon on frodo, but when ever i try opening it, i get this error message: 'Script failed! : XBMC-PseudoTV-master'. Been googling this all day and cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong.

You're using the wrong version. Switch from the Master branch to Stable-Pre branch and then download again. Or just use this link: https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/archive/stable-pre.zip

Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - demori - 2013-02-18

Is it possible to have a media library that is too large?
I get the loading channels ("Or whatever it says. It goes by too quickly.") progress bar, then a blank screen that never shows any media and doesn't allow any interaction.

The log output shows:
Code:
209 23:05:37 T:2684  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
210 23:05:39 T:2684   ERROR: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\Overlay.py:70: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
211                                               xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
212 23:05:39 T:2684   ERROR: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\Overlay.py:41: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
213                                               xbmc.Player.__init__(self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)

But Jasonra has said (page 120ish) that these should not cause an issue.

Is there a deeper level of debug? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything a couple of times, but that didn't work. I'm using the latest stable-pre.zip file. This all started when I moved to Frodo from Dharma, and upgraded PseudoTV in the process.

I'm running Win7 64bit with 12.0 and have tried stable and the latest nightlies if it matters.

Correction: I can see the mouse cursor on the blanked screen. I can hear the standard menu interaction clicks when moving left or right or selecting whatever is showing up in the background, but I still cannot see anything or hear anything playing. The log still shows the same lines as above.

Resolution:
I used Revo Uninstaller to completely uninstall everything and the user profile and did a complete reinstall of Frodo and stable-pre. This seems to have fixed things. For anyone looking for a better solution, remember to set the debugging option in XBMC's settings to get a more robust log.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - hmw_82 - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-16, 15:13)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 02:50)hmw_82 Wrote: Can someone help me out. I installed PseudoTv addon on frodo, but when ever i try opening it, i get this error message: 'Script failed! : XBMC-PseudoTV-master'. Been googling this all day and cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong.

You're using the wrong version. Switch from the Master branch to Stable-Pre branch and then download again. Or just use this link: https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/archive/stable-pre.zip

Thanks for the response. Downloaded the right version now, and when i start pseudotv, it seems to load the channels but then the screen goes black and i have to force quite xbmc. tried reading through this thread but cant seem to find a solution.
thanks for the help, very much a noob at this but trying my best.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - blackjack17 - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 07:54)hmw_82 Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 15:13)Sranshaft Wrote:

Thanks for the response. Downloaded the right version now, and when i start pseudotv, it seems to load the channels but then the screen goes black and i have to force quite xbmc. tried reading through this thread but cant seem to find a solution.
thanks for the help, very much a noob at this but trying my best.

I get the same