Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) A - boognish43 - 2013-02-21

For the life of me I cant figure out how to get it to read from a directory. I have tried all the tips I can find in this thread and it still doesnt work. These are for items that are not scanned into the library. If it helps any, I also cannot get these to show up in smart playlists in xbmc.

I am using xbmcbuntu eden

If anyone can help walk me through this I would be much appreciative!

edit: I just tried this on a windows install and it works perfectly. i am going to try openelec on my box and see if it works

RE: problem - asr10 user - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-21, 04:41)Doctor3D Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 03:47)asr10 user Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 09:57)Doctor3D Wrote: Smart playlist rule

File - Does Not Contain - M2TS

But isnt that for a single channel? Or can I somehow have that apply to my entire library before PTV loads and creates the channels?

Yeah it's per playlist\channel -- but, i've found that's really the only way to make a 'good' channel with PTV.

You'll find many other reasons, besides this situation, where a playlist is necessary. -Making a studio channel -for example- and getting 12 animation movies in a roll -or- making a "Family" channel for kids and having half of the decent PG or soft PG-13 missing.

In my opinion and experience (with my content quantity), PTV isn't being used to its full potential without complex and well-designed playlists.

My Quantity for reference:
~2,500 Movies
~1,000 TV Shows

People that have a lot more than this probably wouldn't notice the problems with generic playlists as much.

Hey thank you. I tried this and it worked perfectly! Time to take some time and make some channels.

hulu episode channel problem. - mrgrossm - 2013-02-22

I'm having a problem with a hulu channel. I've got one created that pulls all the shows I've subscribed to that works fine. Then I made a playlist for episodes that have been aired in the past 30 days. The playlist populates fine in xbmc, but nothing shows up in ptv.

Any suggestions?

XBMC - asr10 user - 2013-02-22

Ok, now I have a somewhat unique problem. I have half of my PTV files on a home server and half as local .strm (amazon) files. Of course when the server is on everything works fine including the streaming files. But when my server is off and I just want to watch streaming files, PTV will not play anything because it keeps looking for the server files and eventually gives me a timeout error.

Anyway to combat this so when my server is off I can just view the streaming amazon files?

I know I should keep my unraid box going 24/7 but sometimes thats not possible in my house.

RE: XBMC - gremlin03 - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 05:07)asr10 user Wrote: Ok, now I have a somewhat unique problem. I have half of my PTV files on a home server and half as local .strm (amazon) files. Of course when the server is on everything works fine including the streaming files. But when my server is off and I just want to watch streaming files, PTV will not play anything because it keeps looking for the server files and eventually gives me a timeout error.

Anyway to combat this so when my server is off I can just view the streaming amazon files?

I know I should keep my unraid box going 24/7 but sometimes thats not possible in my house.

My suggestion would be to have seperate channels for your streamed and Server stuff, then also have a 3rd set of channels that mix the two (for when you want them combined)

Say CH 1-10 Stream, 11-20 - Server, 21-30 Mixed (if you have 10 channels, ect).

That way when you just want streamed you can flick through the first 10 channels without it ever trying to look for your server media.

Of course when you close PsuedoTV you have to make sure you leave it on one of the first 10 channels so it doesnt start up on one looking for media.

RE: XBMC - Doctor3D - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 05:07)asr10 user Wrote: Ok, now I have a somewhat unique problem. I have half of my PTV files on a home server and half as local .strm (amazon) files. Of course when the server is on everything works fine including the streaming files. But when my server is off and I just want to watch streaming files, PTV will not play anything because it keeps looking for the server files and eventually gives me a timeout error.

Best thing I can think of is to make two separate channel configurations - one channel configuration using playlists that have all your files, and another playlist configuration using only the .strm files. (You would just have two "Settings2.xml" files per configuration)

Alternatively, you could just start PTV before shutting down the unraid box - and avoid jumping to any of the channels that use media off of it. (Organize the .STRM channels at the beginning channels and others at the end) Once PTV is loaded, you can shut down the other server and nothing would happen so long as you didn't try to play media off it.

Quote:I'm having a problem with a hulu channel. I've got one created that pulls all the shows I've subscribed to that works fine. Then I made a playlist for episodes that have been aired in the past 30 days. The playlist populates fine in xbmc, but nothing shows up in ptv.

Any suggestions?

Playlist:
"Type: Episodes"
"First Aired in the Last 30 Days"
"Order by Random"
"Limit to 100"

Channel Rules:
"Include Streams - Yes"

^ That worked for me.

[RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Daavid - 2013-02-22

asr10 - My best suggestion would be to have an XBMC profile that just includes your STRM stuff. When the server is off just use that profile.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) - rflores2323 - 2013-02-22

Am I reading this right that this now works with streaming sites? Which version works with streams? is this working on frodo or only eden?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - asr10 user - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 12:29)Daavid Wrote: asr10 - My best suggestion would be to have an XBMC profile that just includes your STRM stuff. When the server is off just use that profile.

Thanks again guys. I did what was first suggested and set my first 10 channels to amazon stuff and it works fine. But a seperate profile just for strm's seems like a great idea. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - rflores2323 - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 20:25)asr10 user Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 12:29)Daavid Wrote: asr10 - My best suggestion would be to have an XBMC profile that just includes your STRM stuff. When the server is off just use that profile.

Thanks again guys. I did what was first suggested and set my first 10 channels to amazon stuff and it works fine. But a seperate profile just for strm's seems like a great idea. Thanks.

How did you set it to amazon stuff? I want to set it up for hulu streams.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon: - TorMenTPS - 2013-02-22

For amazon I think you need to be prime. Get the amazon/Hulu add on from bluecop repo. In the amazon add on you can export to library on which ever show/movie you want. Just set up the folders as a source the way you normally do. I can't get the Hulu strms to work for me in PTV though.

Re: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon: - rflores2323 - 2013-02-22

Ok i dont have amazon. I have hulu and then other streaming addons which i have added tv shows and movies to library. I have enabled include icelibrary films if that makes a difference.

Im using it on an atv2. How do i bring up the osd menu while watching video via ptv? Incase i want to download subtitles?

Ya no matter what I do I cant get the Hulu streams to go into PTV. They are in the library and work fine, so I'm not sure why.

I have on button on my remote that brings up a the subtitle menu. Not sure what the button is typically for. It looks like a pencil with a box around it.

Re: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon: - rflores2323 - 2013-02-22

Yeah i just tried to add a hulu tv show thats in my library and only set that tv show and nothing comes up.

Ya, same problem. I get the amazon streams just fine though. I don't know if makes a difference but the episode titles of the Hulu streams say (Hulu) after it.