Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 13:09)xkudeki Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 17:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 15:41)xkudeki Wrote: could you explain n a little more detail please?

Please open your playlist to the problem channel, copy paste all info... I'll take a look and modify it for you Smile

there's nothing in the xsp file that i don't understand. the picture i posted is all the info I have for the playlist (xsp says the same as the pic)
No one has ever had a channel disappear? I think it's because all the media is played, then the channel is removed. Would setting a rule like suggested (add rule where playcount is greater than 0 or not 0) work?

Big Grin trying to help... why didn't you just post the playlist configuration Huh
should be easy to figure out your problem... its unrelated to the code in PTV... channels don't disappear unless they are rebuilding... or channel settings are changed... and missing shows that you know were played... clearly indicates a problem with your setup...

My final advice for you...
disable all addons except for PTV (testing purposes only), check your xsp and ptv channel settings again... and yes adding a playcount greater then 0 would help since your telling the playlist to make sure everything that was played is included!!

Also you said you are using a playlist channel what do you mean by that? Do you mean you created a playlist... or do you mean you setup PTV and it created a playlist (two different things!).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - McGuywer - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-13, 15:14)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 13:08)McGuywer Wrote: How does one remove the seeking bar in PTV?

add ' + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)' to the visible condition in DialogSeekBar.xml

Thank you!

I found it. Will try and edit.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 14:24)McGuywer Wrote:
(2011-01-16, 16:09)Jason102 Wrote: It is suggested (although not required) that you turn on the web server. This will reduce the amount of CPU usage that PseudoTV takes.

Is this still the case?

Yes...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - McGuywer - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 14:36)McGuywer Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 15:14)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 13:08)McGuywer Wrote: How does one remove the seeking bar in PTV?

add ' + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)' to the visible condition in DialogSeekBar.xml

Thank you!

Sorry but where do I add it?
Code:
<window>
    <defaultcontrol>1</defaultcontrol>
    <visible>[Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + ![Window.IsVisible(VideoOSD) | Window.IsVisible(MusicOSD)]</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="200">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200">WindowClose</animation>
    <controls>

(2013-06-25, 14:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 14:24)McGuywer Wrote:
(2011-01-16, 16:09)Jason102 Wrote: It is suggested (although not required) that you turn on the web server. This will reduce the amount of CPU usage that PseudoTV takes.

Is this still the case?

Yes...
Thank you!

(2013-06-25, 12:24)geebs61 Wrote: Super classy, bud. Can't get someone to hold your hand so you throw a fit and call people names. I'll say it because I have no real reputation around here. But you're acting like an effing child, Gary. Stop. If you are having such a problem with it, and want to throw a fit and walk away, then do it. But coming back and throwing a tantrum wont get you any help, and you certainly wont get any sympathy when you openly plan to speak ill of a product because you couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Now onto something more useful. I was wondering if anyone would mind brainstorming with me on a certain programming setup I am trying to pull off. I'm trying to set up sequential programming blocks, similar to stuff like Toonami, Adult Swim, or Saturday Morning Cartoons. For example, I would like to set up a Toonami block to air on my Cartoon Network channel from 4:00 - 7:00 pm. Currently I pull this off simply enough by creating a Toonami channel then "best-efforting" that in at around 4:00 for about 18 episodes (9 episodes @ 22min each + one bumper between each episode = ~3.3hours). Which works well enough, but I would like to schedule some more specific programming.

The setup I would like would be more similar to the actual television programming. Air shows by episode sequentially, with the same shows each day, and (hopefully) bumpers specific to the content of the shows currently being aired.So, it would look something like this:

Code:
Block intro

ShowA-Intro
ShowA-01x01
ShowA-Season1Bumper
ShowA-01x02

ShowB-Intro
ShowB-01x01
ShowB-Season1Bumper
ShowB-01x02

ShowC-Intro
ShowC-01x01
ShowC-Season1Bumper
ShowC-01x02

ShowD-Intro
ShowD-01x01
ShowD-Season1Bumper
ShowD-01x02

Block outro

And then the next day it begins at episode 3 of each series, and so on. I am just not sure exactly how to do this. Short of manually creating a playlist by hand. Is this something that can be achieved by smart playlists, interleaving, or a combination of the two? So far I have had little luck in a format like this using them I thought it might be something I could do mostly with smart playlists, but as far as I can tell the ordering options are lacking.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1034530#pid1034530

(2013-06-25, 14:45)McGuywer Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 14:36)McGuywer Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 15:14)Lunatixz Wrote: add ' + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)' to the visible condition in DialogSeekBar.xml

Thank you!

Sorry but where do I add it?
Code:
<window>
    <visible>[Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + ![Window.IsVisible(VideoOSD) | Window.IsVisible(MusicOSD)]</visible>
    <controls>
Code:
<window>
    <visible>[Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + ![Window.IsVisible(VideoOSD) | Window.IsVisible(MusicOSD)] + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)</visible>
    <controls>

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 06:29)Steveb Wrote: @ RockDawg

The addon doesn't provide that information, but you can get the info to display them from the currently playing media.

Have you tried <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture> ?

That's what I thought initially also, but I have a control with that field and it doesn't work. Additionally, like I said, I inquired about this very issue and Hitcher (who, if you don't know, is an extremely skilled skinner) told me that the addon needs to supply all labels and images to XBMC and I'm assuming he knows what he's talking about. Here is that thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166039

(2013-06-25, 14:53)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 06:29)Steveb Wrote: @ RockDawg

The addon doesn't provide that information, but you can get the info to display them from the currently playing media.

Have you tried <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture> ?

That's what I thought initially also, but I have a control with that field and it doesn't work. Additionally, like I said, I inquired about this very issue and Hitcher (who, if you don't know, is an extremely skilled skinner) told me that the addon needs to supply all labels and images to XBMC and I'm assuming he knows what he's talking about. Here is that thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166039
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157452&pid=1373943#pid1373943

hmm...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 14:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 12:24)geebs61 Wrote: Now onto something more useful. I was wondering if anyone would mind brainstorming with me on a certain programming setup I am trying to pull off. I'm trying to set up sequential programming blocks, similar to stuff like Toonami, Adult Swim, or Saturday Morning Cartoons. For example, I would like to set up a Toonami block to air on my Cartoon Network channel from 4:00 - 7:00 pm. Currently I pull this off simply enough by creating a Toonami channel then "best-efforting" that in at around 4:00 for about 18 episodes (9 episodes @ 22min each + one bumper between each episode = ~3.3hours). Which works well enough, but I would like to schedule some more specific programming.

The setup I would like would be more similar to the actual television programming. Air shows by episode sequentially, with the same shows each day, and (hopefully) bumpers specific to the content of the shows currently being aired.So, it would look something like this:

Code:
Block intro

ShowA-Intro
ShowA-01x01
ShowA-Season1Bumper
ShowA-01x02

ShowB-Intro
ShowB-01x01
ShowB-Season1Bumper
ShowB-01x02

ShowC-Intro
ShowC-01x01
ShowC-Season1Bumper
ShowC-01x02

ShowD-Intro
ShowD-01x01
ShowD-Season1Bumper
ShowD-01x02

Block outro

And then the next day it begins at episode 3 of each series, and so on. I am just not sure exactly how to do this. Short of manually creating a playlist by hand. Is this something that can be achieved by smart playlists, interleaving, or a combination of the two? So far I have had little luck in a format like this using them I thought it might be something I could do mostly with smart playlists, but as far as I can tell the ordering options are lacking.

Thanks. I thought that might be the basics of what I was going to have to do, but my goal is still more complicated than that. I'm not just trying to order a few shows, and then add bumpers. It will be shows, bumpers specific for each show and season, general bumpers, intros and outros. So I can't just interleave a channel of bumpers into a channel of shows, because I want X folder of bumpers interleaved into X season of X show, and do the same setup for Y bumpers and Y season of Y show etc, then interleave each of those into another channel that I can then"best-effort" into the timeframe I want it to. My problem is that this setup only really works for shows if I work with them one season at a time. And I want to do entire series at a time. I just don't think there is a way to specify Y bumpers to go with Y season, and X bumpers to go with X Season. Which would mean that (unless I make a m3u manually) I have to make a channel for each season of each show, which doesn't work because there is no way to trigger a different channel to fill ones place in an interleave once it has run through the playlist.

If you remove my desire to specify what bumpers go when, the only problem I really have is still ordering the main channel once the hidden subchannels are built. I still want to choose which bumps go where. The best way I can think to do this, would be if I had the ability to choose how many videos are interleaved each time. Similar to how best effort scheduling works. If I could say, on channel 2, every 3 episodes interleave 3 episodes of channel 1. I could almost build exactly what I am trying to do fairly easily.

How difficult would adding that sort of functionality to the pseudoTV rules be? Add Episode Count in there with Min, max, and Episode Start.

(2013-06-25, 16:13)geebs61 Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 14:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 12:24)geebs61 Wrote: Now onto something more useful. I was wondering if anyone would mind brainstorming with me on a certain programming setup I am trying to pull off. I'm trying to set up sequential programming blocks, similar to stuff like Toonami, Adult Swim, or Saturday Morning Cartoons. For example, I would like to set up a Toonami block to air on my Cartoon Network channel from 4:00 - 7:00 pm. Currently I pull this off simply enough by creating a Toonami channel then "best-efforting" that in at around 4:00 for about 18 episodes (9 episodes @ 22min each + one bumper between each episode = ~3.3hours). Which works well enough, but I would like to schedule some more specific programming.

Code:
Block intro

ShowA-Intro
ShowA-01x01
ShowA-Season1Bumper
ShowA-01x02

ShowB-Intro
ShowB-01x01
ShowB-Season1Bumper
ShowB-01x02

ShowC-Intro
ShowC-01x01
ShowC-Season1Bumper
ShowC-01x02

ShowD-Intro
ShowD-01x01
ShowD-Season1Bumper
ShowD-01x02

Block outro

Thanks. I thought that might be the basics of what I was going to have to do, but my goal is still more complicated than that. I'm not just trying to order a few shows, and then add bumpers. It will be shows, bumpers specific for each show and season, general bumpers, intros and outros. So I can't just interleave a channel of bumpers into a channel of shows, because I want X folder of bumpers interleaved into X season of X show, and do the same setup for Y bumpers and Y season of Y show etc, then interleave each of those into another channel that I can then"best-effort" into the timeframe I want it to. My problem is that this setup only really works for shows if I work with them one season at a time. And I want to do entire series at a time. I just don't think there is a way to specify Y bumpers to go with Y season, and X bumpers to go with X Season. Which would mean that (unless I make a m3u manually) I have to make a channel for each season of each show, which doesn't work because there is no way to trigger a different channel to fill ones place in an interleave once it has run through the playlist.

If you remove my desire to specify what bumpers go when, the only problem I really have is still ordering the main channel once the hidden subchannels are built. I still want to choose which bumps go where. The best way I can think to do this, would be if I had the ability to choose how many videos are interleaved each time. Similar to how best effort scheduling works. If I could say, on channel 2, every 3 episodes interleave 3 episodes of channel 1. I could almost build exactly what I am trying to do fairly easily.

How difficult would adding that sort of functionality to the pseudoTV rules be? Add Episode Count in there with Min, max, and Episode Start.

PTV already does a lot but requires manual settings, what your asking is can it be made less involved on the user end... I'm sure one day when PTV starts to get old and gray it will be polished to the point of toggling a few settings...

for now, I don't see why you can't get what you want with some work on your end...
Tips to remember,
It's easier to manipulate media when it's scraped into XBMC's library...
so you might want to create nfo's for your bumpers, ads, etc and name them in a sequential order that would be reminiscent to tv shows ie. s00e00
from there a mix of custom playlists, interleaved channels would give you what you want...

Thanx Lunatixz

Helpfull as always!!!

Thanx Lunatixz

Always very helpfull!!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 17:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 16:13)geebs61 Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 14:51)Lunatixz Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1034530#pid1034530

PTV already does a lot but requires manual settings, what your asking is can it be made less involved on the user end... I'm sure one day when PTV starts to get old and gray it will be polished to the point of toggling a few settings...

for now, I don't see why you can't get what you want with some work on your end...
Tips to remember,
so you might want to create nfo's for your bumpers, ads, etc and name them in a sequential order that would be reminiscent to tv shows ie. s00e00
from there a mix of custom playlists, interleaved channels would give you what you want...

I really don't think you understand what I am trying to achieve at all. And honestly you are coming across as a pompous know-it-all in the way you are responding. Which is moreso humorous because you really don't understand what I am talking about at all. What I am asking doesn't make PTV "less involved", it makes it more intuitive, and adds another customization option to one of the rule sets (by including something that already exists one place, in another). What I am asking is if the "Episode Count" count option that is part of "best-effort scheduling" could also be added to the interleaving options.

I have thousands of bumpers. I am not creating nfo's for all of them, or even some of them to achieve something that I could suggest be an automated process in one of the next releases of the product. I am not sure why you would want to discourage that sort of thing. As it is right now, it is impossible to interleave more than one episode of a show at a time, anywhere. I am simply asking if there can be an option to change that. You're naive if you think that is somehow taking away from PTV as it is now.

(2013-06-25, 18:29)geebs61 Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 17:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 16:13)geebs61 Wrote: Thanks. I thought that might be the basics of what I was going to have to do, but my goal is still more complicated than that. I'm not just trying to order a few shows, and then add bumpers. It will be shows, bumpers specific for each show and season, general bumpers, intros and outros. So I can't just interleave a channel of bumpers into a channel of shows, because I want X folder of bumpers interleaved into X season of X show, and do the same setup for Y bumpers and Y season of Y show etc, then interleave each of those into another channel that I can then"best-effort" into the timeframe I want it to. My problem is that this setup only really works for shows if I work with them one season at a time. And I want to do entire series at a time. I just don't think there is a way to specify Y bumpers to go with Y season, and X bumpers to go with X Season. Which would mean that (unless I make a m3u manually) I have to make a channel for each season of each show, which doesn't work because there is no way to trigger a different channel to fill ones place in an interleave once it has run through the playlist.

Tips to remember,

I really don't think you understand what I am trying to achieve at all. And honestly you are coming across as a pompous know-it-all in the way you are responding. Which is moreso humorous because you really don't understand what I am talking about at all. What I am asking doesn't make PTV "less involved", it makes it more intuitive, and adds another customization option to one of the rule sets (by including something that already exists one place, in another). What I am asking is if the "Episode Count" count option that is part of "best-effort scheduling" could also be added to the interleaving options.

I have thousands of bumpers. I am not creating nfo's for all of them, or even some of them to achieve something that I could suggest be an automated process in one of the next releases of the product. I am not sure why you would want to discourage that sort of thing. As it is right now, it is impossible to interleave more than one episode of a show at a time, anywhere. I am simply asking if there can be an option to change that. You're naive if you think that is somehow taking away from PTV as it is now.

WOW!! talk about ungrateful!! I do know what you want to do... I would have to say your the ass in this case! Where do I even start to address why you are wrong...

lets start with Episode count, which is available through smart playlists...
Manually creating NFOS!! weren't computers invented to take repetition tasks and automate them! ever here of a NFO creator? and a bulk renamer!
and interleaving more then one episode of a show is possible if you would think out of the box, which you clearly can't...

I may be pompous at times... maybe even a d#$k but in this case you are waaaaayyy off the mark!

BTW no one is discouraging ideas for features to this addon... but unless you are doing the coding, I don't think you should dictate what features would get priority... which yours doesn't since almost everything you want could be achieved now!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 13:26)blazin912 Wrote: Jason --

Trying to dig into my own issue and noticed the Globals.py file has changed back and forth a few times.

Latest Master branch does not include "LOCK_LOC" for channel sharing.

Stable-pre release includes "LOCK_LOC" but doesn't seem to share the cache folder as that is never utilized again other than generating the lock file.

SO, that being said, which supports channel sharing? haha, The assumption is that they both do; however, this is my logic:

Master:

Settings Location: null
Share Channels = True
Settings Location: Settings folder from GUI
Channel Location: Settings Location

GUI info passed by assignment after the logic evaluation -- this would seem to work, if of course each instance requires a common cache folder.

Stable-Pre:

Settings Location: User profile
Share channels = True
Lock Location: Settings folder from GUI
Channel Location: Settings location aka User profile

There is no assignment of the Channel Location to the settings folder from GUI if you're channel sharing. If this is required, then it won't work.

Can't seem to find anything in the changelog that indicates why this was changed/if it fixed some other bug.

Let me know, so I can include the appropriate file.

Thanks!

Maybe this is the reason I have been having problems getting channel sharing to work as it used to in previous versions of PTV.

Mark

(2013-06-25, 20:56)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 13:26)blazin912 Wrote: Jason --

Trying to dig into my own issue and noticed the Globals.py file has changed back and forth a few times.

Latest Master branch does not include "LOCK_LOC" for channel sharing.

Stable-pre release includes "LOCK_LOC" but doesn't seem to share the cache folder as that is never utilized again other than generating the lock file.

SO, that being said, which supports channel sharing? haha, The assumption is that they both do; however, this is my logic:

Master:

Settings Location: null
Share Channels = True
Settings Location: Settings folder from GUI
Channel Location: Settings Location

GUI info passed by assignment after the logic evaluation -- this would seem to work, if of course each instance requires a common cache folder.

Stable-Pre:

Settings Location: User profile
Share channels = True
Lock Location: Settings folder from GUI
Channel Location: Settings location aka User profile

There is no assignment of the Channel Location to the settings folder from GUI if you're channel sharing. If this is required, then it won't work.

Can't seem to find anything in the changelog that indicates why this was changed/if it fixed some other bug.

Let me know, so I can include the appropriate file.

Thanks!

Maybe this is the reason I have been having problems getting channel sharing to work as it used to in previous versions of PTV.

Mark

when I get some time, I'll also take a look...