Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - zebraitis - 2013-06-29

Submitted for your consideration:

Big Grin

So... Every year or so, I come back to revisit PseudoTV ... And it looks like it still can't deal with ISO's and DVD menus.

You see, I have asked this before: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&page=276&highlight=pseudo+tv

And, the answer is:

1) PseudoTV should ignore ISO's (... which it doesn't), and... Since it doesn't actually ignore the ISO's, then...

2) you shouldn't use ISO's (which is not a viable option, for me)

In a library of 3000+ films and 130+ TV series, you have no choice but having some ISO's in the mix.

As a result, this just doesn't meet the "wife acceptance factor" tests. Undecided

While I don't know the first thing about how this add-on is coded (and I'll honestly admit my ignorance in this), is there no way to add a few more key controls that would allow me to use directional arrows within a DVD menu?

May I offer the following suggestion:

1) When starting Pseudo TV, bring up the menu FIRST by default (even if it overlays the playing film/tv show/etc.). When the Menu is displayed, allow the directional keys to scroll within the Menu. Hitting Enter / OK selects an item to start playing.

2) after an item is selected (and the menu overlay is no longer displayed), then the directional keys should only work on the item being played. Directional keys would work within a DVD menu, or they could be used to skip forward or back within the film or TV Show. Enter would select / initiate play.

3) if you wanted to select something else to play " M " could bring up the Menu overlay, allowing for control as described in #1.

Could this be done? Possible?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-29

(2013-06-29, 15:15)geebs61 Wrote: As I mentioned earlier, I found Interleaving to be quite limited and felt that it could be expanded to include a little more functionality. I inquired about the logistics of enabling the interleaving of more than one episode at a time from another channel, as it would have helped achieve a specific programming order I was attempting. The only useful interaction on the subject I received was from Blazin912, that dude is good people.

Anyway, I finally had the time to sit down and look up the proper Python syntax for a FOR loop, and shortly after that I had an interleaving function that was far more versatile than it had been previously.

Rules.py Special L.I.A.T Edition

I've added two options to the Interleave rules. "Play # Episodes" Allows you to interleave multiple episodes from the channel being interleaved, instead of being restricted to interleaving one episode at a time.

Previous function:
(assuming interleaving ch.2 into ch.1)

Code:
Min = 1 / Max = 1 :     1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2

Min = 2 / Max = 2 :     1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2

Min = 3 / Max = 3 :     1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2

New function:

Code:
Min = 1 / Max = 1 / Episodes = 1:     1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2

Min = 1 / Max = 1 / Episodes = 2:     1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2

Min = 3 / Max = 3 / Episodes = 2:     1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

I have also added "Starting Position" option. This changes where the channel starts interleaving. A value of "1" (default) acts the same as current functionality. Beginning interleaving AFTER the first episode of the base channel. A value of "0" will begin interleaving BEFORE the first episode of the base channel.

Previous Function:

Code:
Min = 1 / Max = 1 :     1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2

New Function:

Code:
Min = 1 / Max = 1 / Episodes = 1 / Start = 1:     1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2

Min = 1 / Max = 1 /  Episodes = 1 / Start = 0:     2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1

As usual, anyone can use it at their own risk. I assume no liability if it borks up your system. I made this for my means, and to the best of my knowledge. There wasn't a lot changed (I literally only added 2 variables, the necessary info to initialize them, and a FOR loop) but i'm not a Python dev, so there may be more elegant ways of doing this.

I just thought it these additions might have some value to others as well. If you find this causes any bugs, you can let me know. I mean. It'd be cool to know, but I almost positively won't know or care to look into fixing it (again, not a py dev). I haven't had any problems with it so far though, and it is behaving exactly as I expect it to.

I am always for more versatility. Hopefully, Jason will add this into the core program. Have you submitted this to him? If not, maybe send him a private message and alert him to this post.

Thanks,
Mark

(2013-06-29, 15:45)FoxBJK Wrote: Hey all! Can someone help me clear out ALL of this addon's settings? I was having issues for the longest time, and removed the addon, but with the latest pre-release builds I want to try again. Things aren't working. Videos won't play, channels won't load, the addon is generally unstable. Before I look into it any further, I want to obliterate all of PseudoTV's settings. I thought uninstalling the addon would be enough, but channels I previously created are still here, so clearly something was missed. Aside from uninstalling, what folders do I need to delete? I'm on a Mac, in case that matters.

Thanks!

Delete the settings.xml and the settings2.xml. They hold all of the channel and settings information.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Username2045 - 2013-06-30

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but I've been trying to add/update channels for an hour and so far it's only up to 41%. Does it usually take this long or have I done something wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-06-30

Unless you have a monumentally enormous library it shouldn't take anywhere near that long. I ran into a problem like that when I first started using pseudoTV. Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly what was causing it. I do remember it had something to do with the rules I was trying to apply to the channel being built when it froze. I believe I ended up deleting that channel, recreating the channels without it, and then adding it back in later (or a variation of it). PseudoTV recreated all the channels fine once I removed the channel that was causing the freeze.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you turn on debug logging, and post the link to the log here, someone might be able to help you further.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tommymsw - 2013-07-01

(2013-06-24, 23:28)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-21, 05:50)tommymsw Wrote: Can anybody help me with my problem? I have a ton of custom playlists I set as channels, but they seem to just repeat the same few movies over and over even though many more movies show in the playlist. Is there a setting to stop the playlist from repeating the same shows over and over?

Check that your media is properly scraped... missing media is almost 99.9% related to missing runtime information..

Thanks, but it's not missing run-time information... The channel just repeats the same 4-5 movies over and over rather than playing all of them before repeating. It is set up as "random" but if I have 50 movies in that playlist... "random" is 1,3,2,4,1,3,1,2,4,3,2,1, etc.... Just the same few movies over and over. If I have PTV reload the channels, I will get different movies, but still only like 4 or 5 repeated. It would just be nice if "random" would play each movie once before repeating it again.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-07-01

Good work geebs, sorry got tied up with my own issues! EPG on my side is not fixed still.. GRRR! That and as I am the PC repair tech for friends and family, I had 3 machines to fix, plus build my own, and live life.. lovely.

Anyways, glad you figured it out, I may implement it myself.

Does editing rules.py update the GUI as well? When I added some function I needed add the variables to the GUI to get it to be user friendly.

Let me know if you need help there.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-07-03

(2013-06-25, 14:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 13:09)xkudeki Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 17:41)Lunatixz Wrote: Please open your playlist to the problem channel, copy paste all info... I'll take a look and modify it for you Smile

there's nothing in the xsp file that i don't understand. the picture i posted is all the info I have for the playlist (xsp says the same as the pic)
No one has ever had a channel disappear? I think it's because all the media is played, then the channel is removed. Would setting a rule like suggested (add rule where playcount is greater than 0 or not 0) work?

Big Grin trying to help... why didn't you just post the playlist configuration Huh
should be easy to figure out your problem... its unrelated to the code in PTV... channels don't disappear unless they are rebuilding... or channel settings are changed... and missing shows that you know were played... clearly indicates a problem with your setup...

My final advice for you...
disable all addons except for PTV (testing purposes only), check your xsp and ptv channel settings again... and yes adding a playcount greater then 0 would help since your telling the playlist to make sure everything that was played is included!!

Also you said you are using a playlist channel what do you mean by that? Do you mean you created a playlist... or do you mean you setup PTV and it created a playlist (two different things!).

My bad, I meant I created a playlist and added it into PTV. Like is shown in Milkman's guide.
I added the "playcount greaterthan 0" rule to a few channels and had an interesting "new" problem crop up. The channels that have "Items Must Match All Rules" are fine when I add the playcount rule. Other channels that have to abide by "Items must match one or more of the rules" spaz out when I add the playcount rule. They add everything to the channel. Is there a work around for this?
Here is the xsp file for one of the channels that has deleted itself before:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>frisbee</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">Children</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - jmann217 - 2013-07-03

I've tried repeatedly to get custom videos to work on PseudoTv to no avail, I keep getting the 'Unable to populate channels' error message. The videos all have nfos and are scraped in under the TV section. I've tried adding them with Pseudotv using smart playlists, and also using the 'Directory', and 'TV Show' parts of the channel configuration.

Any help, or is it just not possible?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-03

(2013-07-03, 17:43)xkudeki Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 14:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 13:09)xkudeki Wrote: there's nothing in the xsp file that i don't understand. the picture i posted is all the info I have for the playlist (xsp says the same as the pic)
No one has ever had a channel disappear? I think it's because all the media is played, then the channel is removed. Would setting a rule like suggested (add rule where playcount is greater than 0 or not 0) work?

Big Grin trying to help... why didn't you just post the playlist configuration Huh
should be easy to figure out your problem... its unrelated to the code in PTV... channels don't disappear unless they are rebuilding... or channel settings are changed... and missing shows that you know were played... clearly indicates a problem with your setup...

My final advice for you...
disable all addons except for PTV (testing purposes only), check your xsp and ptv channel settings again... and yes adding a playcount greater then 0 would help since your telling the playlist to make sure everything that was played is included!!

Also you said you are using a playlist channel what do you mean by that? Do you mean you created a playlist... or do you mean you setup PTV and it created a playlist (two different things!).

My bad, I meant I created a playlist and added it into PTV. Like is shown in Milkman's guide.
I added the "playcount greaterthan 0" rule to a few channels and had an interesting "new" problem crop up. The channels that have "Items Must Match All Rules" are fine when I add the playcount rule. Other channels that have to abide by "Items must match one or more of the rules" spaz out when I add the playcount rule. They add everything to the channel. Is there a work around for this?
Here is the xsp file for one of the channels that has deleted itself before:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>frisbee</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">Children</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Other channels that have to abide by "Items must match one or more of the rules" spaz out when I add the playcount rule. They add everything to the channel. Is there a work around for this?

I would have to see your playlist that "Spazs out" to be sure, but this makes sense....Think about it, if you have 2 rules, one of which is the "playcount operator" and you have "Items must match one or more of the rules", PTV and XBMC will use one of the rules sometimes and the other rule sometimes.
You do know that can create "mixed" playlists? Whereby, you include a playlist or more within a playlist. This may be a way for you to do what you want, or make more use of the rules within PTV, namely "only play watched" or "only play unwatched" channels along with interleaving, might get you there.
Is there a summary in this thread where you say exactly what you want to accomplish in a channel that is not working?

Mark

(2013-07-03, 18:45)jmann217 Wrote: I've tried repeatedly to get custom videos to work on PseudoTv to no avail, I keep getting the 'Unable to populate channels' error message. The videos all have nfos and are scraped in under the TV section. I've tried adding them with Pseudotv using smart playlists, and also using the 'Directory', and 'TV Show' parts of the channel configuration.

Any help, or is it just not possible?

If you try your smart playlist within XBMC, does it pull up your videos? Are your videos able to be seen within XBMC in library mode?
Show us exactly what your files are named like, your smart playlist, etc. Include as much info as possible.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - jmann217 - 2013-07-04

My videos appear inside the smart playlist. I've got them named according to the usual naming for TV Shows (SXXEXX), and have an nfo for all the different videos as well as an nfo for the folder (tvshow.nfo) they are in, so they are visible in library mode inside the TV Show menu.

For my smart playlist, I used the ruling 'TV show is...' and then selected the correct name from the Browse option.

In Channel Configuration, I turned all the channels to 'none' and then created one channel with the rule ''Custom Playlist' and then selected my playlist. PseudoTV works if I add movies to it, in which case, it creates all the channels but the custom playlist one, starting from channel 2 if the custom playlist channel was 1, etc.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-04

(2013-07-04, 01:08)jmann217 Wrote: My videos appear inside the smart playlist. I've got them named according to the usual naming for TV Shows (SXXEXX), and have an nfo for all the different videos as well as an nfo for the folder (tvshow.nfo) they are in, so they are visible in library mode inside the TV Show menu.

For my smart playlist, I used the ruling 'TV show is...' and then selected the correct name from the Browse option.

In Channel Configuration, I turned all the channels to 'none' and then created one channel with the rule ''Custom Playlist' and then selected my playlist. PseudoTV works if I add movies to it, in which case, it creates all the channels but the custom playlist one, starting from channel 2 if the custom playlist channel was 1, etc.

Thanks

Well, you didn't say what happens when you open your playlist inside of xbmc, nor did you show us what your playlist looks like nor what exaxtly your naming scheme is.
What do you mean "my videos appear inside the smart playlist"? Do you have numerous TV Shows as rules inside your Playlist? What version of XBMC are you using? What version of PTV are you using?
Like I said, the more info you can give, the better.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blobdole - 2013-07-04

Is it possible now to stream live QAM tv through pseudo now that frodo xbmc can?

I've just only started playing around with xbmc yesterday but my ideal goal would be to have one or two live channels like news and fox added into my pseudo tv channels list. Can I do this?

Also what is the best external tuner to use if for this, if it works? I've read that homerun or something is pretty good, but pricy.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-04

(2013-07-01, 12:29)blazin912 Wrote: Good work geebs, sorry got tied up with my own issues! EPG on my side is not fixed still.. GRRR! That and as I am the PC repair tech for friends and family, I had 3 machines to fix, plus build my own, and live life.. lovely.

Anyways, glad you figured it out, I may implement it myself.

Does editing rules.py update the GUI as well? When I added some function I needed add the variables to the GUI to get it to be user friendly.

Let me know if you need help there.

I added everything necessary to include the options in the GUI. So now the two included added functions are also listed in the advanced rules listings of the Interleave rules if using my Rules.py file. The only "downside" I have come across is that you might have to be a little more conscious of the order of interleaving rules if you are planning to interleave more than one channel into each other. Meaning that the second interleave rule on a multi-interleave channel has to accommodate the playlist as it exists after the interleave rule is passed. Which is the same as it works now, but I can understand how the increased versatility might confuse some people at first.

Hey man, it's no problem that you got tied up. Stuff happens. Thanks for offering to help. This time I just came across free time sooner than you did. Let me know if you have anything you have questions about, or features you want added I'll be glad to look into it as well.

Unfortunately adding these options has borked up the use of PseudoTV Manager. Making it necessary to edit the channels both in PTV Manager and the default GUI to finish the new settings. I have tried to contact the PTV Manager author, but gotten no response so far on collaboration. I am looking into creating my own GUI for editing channels, and I would like to make it platform independent if I can.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - jmann217 - 2013-07-04

When I open my playlist inside of xbmc, there are no problems, every episode appears fine, I can't think of another way of explaining what happens when it is opened, it just works, which is what I meant by 'my videos appear inside the playlist'. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I only have one TV show in my playlist.

I'm using XBMC Frodo 12.2 and PTV 2.1.0.

I thought the naming scheme would be the SXXEXX format, unless I've misunderstood the question?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-04

(2013-07-04, 10:03)jmann217 Wrote: When I open my playlist inside of xbmc, there are no problems, every episode appears fine, I can't think of another way of explaining what happens when it is opened, it just works, which is what I meant by 'my videos appear inside the playlist'. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I only have one TV show in my playlist.

I'm using XBMC Frodo 12.2 and PTV 2.1.0.

I thought the naming scheme would be the SXXEXX format, unless I've misunderstood the question?

Personally, there isn't quite enough information to figure out what the problem might be. It sounds like your smart playlists are working fine, you can create them and then look at the contents in the file browser without a problem, but PseudoTV is throwing an error when it tries to build the channels themselves? Without any further info or log files, I couldn't tell you what was wrong. If the playlists work, PTV should work. But it gives the same error when the channel is set as a TV Show or Directory too?

Do you have the proper permissions for write access to the PseudoTV settings folder? This sounds like it isn't so much where it is getting the content from as it is having a problem saving the channels when it builds them. But without a log I couldn't pin it down to anything in particular.