Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-14

(2013-07-13, 22:38)Zer0vash Wrote: Hey ive been using PseudoTV for a while now but only superficially for automatic creation of chanels. But now I would like to really setup my channels. There Is one think I would like to do but Im not sure how. I would like to have a Cartoon Network Channel but after 10pm it only plays Adult Swim content for about 8 hours then back to Cartoon network. Can anyone Provide me with detailed Step by step instructions on how?

Hello,

Set up a channel with your cartoon network shows, I suggest using a smart playlist. Set up another channel with your adult swim content, again I suggest a smart playlist. Use "Best effort Channel scheduling" in your cartoon network channel and select your adult swim channel as "Channel Number", select what days of the week, if all nights, UMTWHFS, select the time to start, I believe it may go by military time so that would be 22:00, and then you'll have to figure out the number of episodes to fill out an 8 hour slot, enter that in "Episode Count"
Start PTV and that should set up your channel for you.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-14

(2013-07-13, 22:38)Zer0vash Wrote: Hey ive been using PseudoTV for a while now but only superficially for automatic creation of chanels. But now I would like to really setup my channels. There Is one think I would like to do but Im not sure how. I would like to have a Cartoon Network Channel but after 10pm it only plays Adult Swim content for about 8 hours then back to Cartoon network. Can anyone Provide me with detailed Step by step instructions on how?

Here you go. Just replace 'Toonami' with 'Adult Swim'. I hope this is clear enough without too much explanation. I am pressed for time at the moment. The advanced rules are for channel 1 (whatever channel your Cartoon Network is on). The 22 episode count is assuming an average episode length of 22 minutes.

(It is an album)

watch gallery

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Zer0vash - 2013-07-14

(2013-07-14, 04:43)geebs61 Wrote:

Here you go. Just replace 'Toonami' with 'Adult Swim'. I hope this is clear enough without too much explanation. I am pressed for time at the moment. The advanced rules are for channel 1 (whatever channel your Cartoon Network is on).

(It is an album)

watch gallery

Im going to try this right now. I think part of the problem may be my smart playlist but THANK YOU SO MUCH for this if this works ill buy you a drink!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Zer0vash - 2013-07-14

So Geebs it appears that we areusing differnet versions of pseudoTV? mine is not white and does not appear to have these options such as starting date im using version 2.1.0

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-14

(2013-07-14, 06:18)Zer0vash Wrote: So Geebs it appears that we areusing differnet versions of pseudoTV? mine is not white and does not appear to have these options such as starting date im using version 2.1.0

The different look is merely because we are using different themes. You should still have the same options, regardless of what theme you use. If you are in the "Best Effort Scheduling" section and you cannot see the "starting date" or "starting episode", just keep scrolling down. They should be there, there just isn't anything indicating there are more options if you scroll down.

I am using the stable-pre branch of PseudoTV. I am not sure if the options are different from the master, but I don't think they are in this case. (you should use the stable-pre if you aren't yet)

The options are there, I promise. I did the same thing when I first started using "Best Effort Scheduling". Just keep scrolling down. It will only show 4 at a time for some reason.

(2013-07-14, 11:05)geebs61 Wrote:
(2013-07-14, 06:18)Zer0vash Wrote: So Geebs it appears that we areusing differnet versions of pseudoTV? mine is not white and does not appear to have these options such as starting date im using version 2.1.0

The different look is merely because we are using different themes. You should still have the same options, regardless of what theme you use. If you are in the "Best Effort Scheduling" section and you cannot see the "starting date" or "starting episode", just keep scrolling down. They should be there, there just isn't anything indicating there are more options if you scroll down.

I am using the stable-pre branch of PseudoTV. I am not sure if the options are different from the master, but I don't think they are in this case. (you should use the stable-pre if you aren't yet)

The options are there, I promise. I did the same thing when I first started using "Best Effort Scheduling". Just keep scrolling down. It will only show 4 at a time for some reason.

You are absolutely correct the options are there. I'm still not able to get it to work but I'm going to keep playing with it and see.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-07-14

Fix for channel sharing is up. If you still have problems, make sure sharing permissions are correct (write permission given).

My apologies again. I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I cannot get this topic to refresh when the replies roll over to the next page unless I post a reply. The forum index is up to date, and shows the most recent activity, but the actual topic won't update, unless I make a post. So again, feel free to disregard this post

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - McGuywer - 2013-07-15

(2013-07-14, 18:01)Jason102 Wrote: Fix for channel sharing is up. If you still have problems, make sure sharing permissions are correct (write permission given).

Thanx Jason!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blobdole - 2013-07-15

I just wanted to thank you for this awesome plugin Jason. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-07-15

Hey guys, I'm still having trouble with random channels disappearing from my EPG. I just noticed that channel 5 is no longer showing up ( I can't change to that channel and I can no longer see it on the guide). Does anyone have an explanation as to why this is happening? It also happens with channels in groups. (sometimes as many as 10 channels)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-07-15

(2013-07-14, 18:01)Jason102 Wrote: Fix for channel sharing is up. If you still have problems, make sure sharing permissions are correct (write permission given).

What does this fix? I'm a big fan of it ain't broke don't fix it, so just curious before I merge it into my system.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-15

(2013-07-15, 18:51)blazin912 Wrote:

What does this fix? I'm a big fan of it ain't broke don't fix it, so just curious before I merge it into my system.

Upon initial channel creation run of PTV using a shared folder, the cache file was not made and the *.m3u files are not copied to the shared folder.

Beside myself having the problem, a user a page or two back complained about the same problem.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-07-16

Channel sharing. It works now.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 00:06)Jason102 Wrote:

Channel sharing. It works now.

I would retract that, it blew my box to smithereens.. ok not really, but after using the 2 new files my PTV doesn't work at all. Tried clearing the cache thinking that had something to do with it.. no go. Revert back, fixed.