Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-08-19

Ok guys, my other posts about channels deleting has been solved. (By setting background updating to minimal and running a force reset). Now I'm wondering something else. Some of the channels I have are playing the same episodes and movies repeatedly on startup. I can skip to the next show, but its usually something that has played recently. Is there a way to randomize everything a little more thorough? I have the smart playlists set to random ordering of episodes but its not thorough enough. Any ideas? Thank you

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - baken1925 - 2013-08-20

Is there a guide anywhere to setting up the Channel Sharing for PsuedoTV over wifi?
Ive looked around but never really seen anything

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-08-20

(2013-08-19, 16:33)xkudeki Wrote: Ok guys, my other posts about channels deleting has been solved. (By setting background updating to minimal and running a force reset). Now I'm wondering something else. Some of the channels I have are playing the same episodes and movies repeatedly on startup. I can skip to the next show, but its usually something that has played recently. Is there a way to randomize everything a little more thorough? I have the smart playlists set to random ordering of episodes but its not thorough enough. Any ideas? Thank you

In pseduotv settings just set "default channel time at startup" to random

(2013-08-20, 21:57)baken1925 Wrote: Is there a guide anywhere to setting up the Channel Sharing for PsuedoTV over wifi?
Ive looked around but never really seen anything

There is nothing different about channel sharing over wifi compared to not wifi. Im not sure what you think it does.
Channel sharing just uses a single folder for all of your channel settings. If you have 5 computers and want to run pseudotv on all of them with all the same channels then you would make a network share on one of them to use as the shared folder, then in each of them configure pseudotv to use that folder.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - skewba98z28 - 2013-08-22

On the Channel Sharing option I have my main htpc in the living running openelec set to channel share. I have it pointed to a shared folder on my server and I have confirmed it is adding data to the folder. Now I've got a Pi in my bed room running openelec and before I ran pseudotv for the first time I set it to channel share and pointed it to the shared folder. Now my tv in the living room was running pseudotv and when I started pseudotv in my bedroom the status bar got to searching for other instances, it then said migrating, and then started. When it fired up though it hadn't added any of the custom channels I have on my main htpc and the standard 9 movie channels it made were not synced with the living room htpc. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-08-24

I am trying to create a music video channel and no matter what I do the channel will not show. I created a smart playlist in XBMC with all the videos in it and built a channel based of that smart playlist, but no go. I read a post where somebody claimed PTV would ignore mpeg files, but I also have some that are FLV and they aren;t showing up either. Anybody have a music video channel working? If so, was there anything special you had to do?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - galactus84 - 2013-08-24

I would also like to hear from people that have working music video channels based on smart playlists. I haven't been able to create a proper channel since the april update to PseudoTV. My files are in .mkv, .vob, and .mp4. Some (very few) are getting picked up from the 600 videos I have. There seems to be no logic to it. Different filesize, container, codecs, runtime. I had a little chat with spanktastic about it, but we couldn't get it working.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-08-24

(2013-08-24, 06:01)RockDawg Wrote: I am trying to create a music video channel and no matter what I do the channel will not show. I created a smart playlist in XBMC with all the videos in it and built a channel based of that smart playlist, but no go. I read a post where somebody claimed PTV would ignore mpeg files, but I also have some that are FLV and they aren;t showing up either. Anybody have a music video channel working? If so, was there anything special you had to do?

Hello,

I assume that your music videos are not actually scraped into XBMC's library? I had a music video channel based on MTV that worked fine using PTV. What I did was use the directory option for a channel. I even had old MTV bumpers interleaved. Don't bother with a playlist. Use the Directory channel option.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - baken1925 - 2013-08-24

I tried this and it didnt work. I have a folder on my desktop called Music Videos and inside are the videos.
I set PTV to directory to this folder but the channel wouldnt even save

So I read somewhere I had to Network Drive the folder with a Drive Letter, so I did,
The directory shows and channel saves but the channel doesnt come up in the EPG and never loads.

Id love to be able to do this as well

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - ThePolarSky - 2013-08-26

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-08-27

(2013-08-24, 13:08)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-08-24, 06:01)RockDawg Wrote: I am trying to create a music video channel and no matter what I do the channel will not show. I created a smart playlist in XBMC with all the videos in it and built a channel based of that smart playlist, but no go. I read a post where somebody claimed PTV would ignore mpeg files, but I also have some that are FLV and they aren;t showing up either. Anybody have a music video channel working? If so, was there anything special you had to do?

Hello,

I assume that your music videos are not actually scraped into XBMC's library? I had a music video channel based on MTV that worked fine using PTV. What I did was use the directory option for a channel. I even had old MTV bumpers interleaved. Don't bother with a playlist. Use the Directory channel option.

Mark

No, my music videos are indeed scraped into XBMC's library. Not sure then why they won't show up in PTV. I tried your suggestion creating a directory channel instead and it does work. Not as elegant, but it works. Thanks! One question though. I've created custom logos for all my channels. What do I name the logo for it to work with a directory channel?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-08-27

(2013-08-27, 05:29)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-08-24, 13:08)mwkurt Wrote:

Hello,

Mark

No, my music videos are indeed scraped into XBMC's library. Not sure then why they won't show up in PTV. I tried your suggestion creating a directory channel instead and it does work. Not as elegant, but it works. Thanks! One question though. I've created custom logos for all my channels. What do I name the logo for it to work with a directory channel?

I believe that you name it the same as the other logos i.e. channelname.jpg, at least that is the way I remember it.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Glave - 2013-08-27

(2013-08-26, 12:59)ThePolarSky Wrote: Feature Request: PseudoTV Server

How about creating a centralized version of PseudoTV that runs 24/7 on a server? The program would constantly build/maintain channels. Clients would use this master channel database when opening the add-on. It would allow low-power devices to open the program quicker, handle more channels and stay in sync perpetually.

Impossible? Already feasible? Any feedback? Smile

This would be wonderful. A dream. We've got 5 htpcs and I shiver to think about manually configuring them all.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - phsyraxion - 2013-08-28

I also welcome any centralized services for this stuff. Many are using multi-client setups and over the years I have managed to implement scripts to copy data to and from all machines and a server so I maintain just 1 version of XBMC which rolls out to every client. The central channel sharing works great but as many experience sometimes there are large delays or channels can go missing for ages without knowing what is happening.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-27, 12:41)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-08-27, 05:29)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-08-24, 13:08)mwkurt Wrote: Hello,

Mark

I believe that you name it the same as the other logos i.e. channelname.jpg, at least that is the way I remember it.

Mark

You're right. And that's what I thought and tried, but it didn't work for some reason. Today it just started working. Thanks. Just curious, do you not use PTV anymore?

Another thing,

I am struggling mightily with channel sharing. I can get it to work on one machine, but when I add channels on one machine they are not showing up on the others. I have tried everything, but can't get it to work. Does anybody have this working successfully? If so, are there any tips or tricks?

Also, the Real Time setting for channel times doesn't seem to work. If I start and stop PTV it always opens up to a totally different episode than the one I just left. It never starts up where it should. Anyone else have this problem?

I sure would love to see Jason come back and tweak a few things.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Khaelas - 2013-08-28

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the addon to work at all.

I'm running v12.2, I installed the latest version from github from zipfile, but when I open the addon, it just says 'Script Failed (addon name)'

Any ideas?