Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - berryfly - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-05, 23:42)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Try deleting the PTV folder in your addons and userdata folders and then reinstalling, that way youre sure to remove everything.

If it still wont work then:
Can you provide more information about your setup?
Are you using mysql or xbmc's default database? Is your library content stored on the same machine youre running xbmc from? What settings do you have in PTV and what is an example of one of the channels you cant get to work?

I just tried deleting both the PTV folder and the userdata folder in my /home/user/.xbmc and then rebuilt everything up, reinstalled PTV from the .zip folder I have downloaded from the github.

I readded the media and rescraped from TVDB and Universal Movie Scraper. I can't even get the default channels to work anymore. I am still getting the same error, Unable to Populate Channels.

I am using xbmc's default database, and yes my library is stored on the same machine on a mounted drive I am running XBMC on. I have PTV set to the default settings, but I have tried turning on 'Force channel reset on next start' with no luck.

Is it better or worse to use mysql over the xbmc's default database?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-06, 00:27)berryfly Wrote: I just tried deleting both the PTV folder and the userdata folder in my /home/user/.xbmc and then rebuilt everything up, reinstalled PTV from the .zip folder I have downloaded from the github.

I readded the media and rescraped from TVDB and Universal Movie Scraper. I can't even get the default channels to work anymore. I am still getting the same error, Unable to Populate Channels.

I am using xbmc's default database, and yes my library is stored on the same machine on a mounted drive I am running XBMC on. I have PTV set to the default settings, but I have tried turning on 'Force channel reset on next start' with no luck.
So the script that throws your error is this one: https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/blob/stable-pre/resources/lib/ChannelList.py and looking at that as far as i can tell there are only 3 reasons for it to error;
1) nothing in your library has a <duration> or <runtime> tag, if you have .nfo files for all your media and you dont specify those tags, thats why. If you dont have .nfo files then you should almost definitely be getting those tags from the scrapers and this likely isnt your problem
2) for whatever reason, the jsonrpc is returning nothing or timing out. its possible that somehow when PTV is trying to get a list of whats in your library it is being denied access, i have no clue how that would work though. or for whatever reason xbmc is taking a very long time to respond to the jsonrpc and the request times out and PTV moves on.
3) every channel you have set up contains rules for which nothing in your library matches. this is easy to test, make a smart playlist with some simplistic rule, check that when you open it in xbmc you get results, and then assign that smart playlist to be a channel.
Quote:Is it better or worse to use mysql over the xbmc's default database?
The only reason to use it (as far as i know) is if you want to have a central xbmc server and connect to it with other machines in your house so you all share the same database.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - berryfly - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-06, 00:45)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 00:27)berryfly Wrote: I just tried deleting both the PTV folder and the userdata folder in my /home/user/.xbmc and then rebuilt everything up, reinstalled PTV from the .zip folder I have downloaded from the github.

So the script that throws your error is this one: https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/blob/stable-pre/resources/lib/ChannelList.py and looking at that as far as i can tell there are only 3 reasons for it to error;
1) nothing in your library has a <duration> or <runtime> tag, if you have .nfo files for all your media and you dont specify those tags, thats why. If you dont have .nfo files then you should almost definitely be getting those tags from the scrapers and this likely isnt your problem
2) for whatever reason, the jsonrpc is returning nothing or timing out. its possible that somehow when PTV is trying to get a list of whats in your library it is being denied access, i have no clue how that would work though. or for whatever reason xbmc is taking a very long time to respond to the jsonrpc and the request times out and PTV moves on.
3) every channel you have set up contains rules for which nothing in your library matches. this is easy to test, make a smart playlist with some simplistic rule, check that when you open it in xbmc you get results, and then assign that smart playlist to be a channel.
Quote:Is it better or worse to use mysql over the xbmc's default database?
The only reason to use it (as far as i know) is if you want to have a central xbmc server and connect to it with other machines in your house so you all share the same database.

So originally I was using SickBeard and CP to grab the XBMC .nfo, .jpg, and .tbn files, and after viewing your post, I realised that the .nfo files didn't have either the <duration> or the <runtime> tag, so I tried removing the .nfo files, and rescraping with TVDB and Universal Movie Scraper. Still no luck. So I ended up uninstalling XBMC with "sudo apt-get --purge remove xbmc" and I deleted the entire .xbmc folder in my home directory. I rebooted and reinstalled XBMC v13. Rescraped everything from TVDB and Universal Movie Scraper, so I should now hopefully be getting that data because I don't have the .nfo files. I am still having the same error, 'unable to populate channels'.

So this brings me to your number 2. it is timing out or having permissions errors. I chmoded my Media folder (for the time being) to 777, assuming that would solve permissions problems. I made sure the group and user of all the media files and data is the same user XBMC is running under. As far as it timing out. It is all happening super quickly, from the time I try to open PTV to the time it returns the error of 'unable to populate channels', so I am thinking it isnt a time out error, or a permissions error?

And number 3, channels are empty with no media matching the channels. Well, I am back using the default channels, and I had the default channels working initially (a post or two back I explained this). So I thought, what the heck, and I deleted all the default channels, and then made a TV Show specific channel, just 1 channel. This definitely would solve the empty playlist problem, because there is only 1 channel now and it is a show I definitely have. Still no luck.

I noticed that XBMC seems to be scraping from TVDB SIGNIFICANTLY faster than it did on my old system. On my old system I didn't have SB or CP collect the .nfo, .tbn, or .jpg data, so I thought it was scraping so fast because I had the .nfo files in my TV Shows mount. Well after deleting all the .nfos and whatnot, and I rescraped, it pulled the TVDB and UMS data very fast still. I mean, this new computer is a hell of a build compared to my previous system. We're talking core 2 duo to i7. But I wouldn't think the system's power would have that much of an effect on scraping.

If I go into the TV Shows or Movies category, all the data is there for the shows, (thumbnails, backgrounds, plot, genre, etc.) I can go and pick movies or tv shows by genre, or by actors, etc. So I think the data is definitely there.

I am lost as to what to try next. I am thinking about just reformatting (it is still a new build, and I wrote an install script so reformatting would be easy peasy) but I would really like to try and figure out what the problem is without having to reformat. Attached is my newest log, there is only 1 channel this time, because it is the channel I made with the individual TV show

Code:
16:23:48 T:140283821438720  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:23:49 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
16:23:49 T:140284293269248   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /../extrafanart/
16:23:50 T:140284274337536   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /PseudoTV/extrafanart/
16:23:50 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
16:23:52 T:140284797929216   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /TV Show - Next Aired/extrafanart/
16:23:55 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:23:55 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
16:23:56 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:23:56 T:140283776554752   ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 1
16:23:56 T:140283776554752   FATAL: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: FATAL ERROR: Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels.
16:23:57 T:140283776554752   ERROR: script.pseudotv-Active Thread: MainThread
16:23:57 T:140285435565952   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /home/####/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre
16:23:58 T:140283776554752   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:23:58 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
16:23:58 T:140284274337536   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /TV Show - Next Aired/extrafanart/
16:23:58 T:140284797929216   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /PseudoTV/extrafanart/
16:23:59 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
16:23:59 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:23:59 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
16:23:59 T:140283776554752  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:23:59 T:140283776554752   ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 1
16:23:59 T:140283776554752   FATAL: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: FATAL ERROR: Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels.

I appreciate your help!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-06, 22:25)berryfly Wrote: So I thought, what the heck, and I deleted all the default channels, and then made a TV Show specific channel, just 1 channel. This definitely would solve the empty playlist problem, because there is only 1 channel now and it is a show I definitely have. Still no luck.

It sounds like what you did here was use the PTV channel configuration thing to make a channel with the rule being to match a particular tv show. What i would like you to try is (this is the path for frodo, i havent tried gotham yet) go to videos from xbmc's main menu, and select playlists, then make a new smart playlist with the rule to match your tv show. Then open that smart playlist and confirm that it does contain episodes of that show.
Then in the PTV channel configuration thing make a channel with the type set to smart playlist, and then select the playlist you just made. Confirm whether or not PTV still gives nothing when you run it. If youre still having issues please post your settings2.xml file, this is where PTV keeps all of its channel configuration info.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - berryfly - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-06, 23:06)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 22:25)berryfly Wrote: So I thought, what the heck, and I deleted all the default channels, and then made a TV Show specific channel, just 1 channel. This definitely would solve the empty playlist problem, because there is only 1 channel now and it is a show I definitely have. Still no luck.

It sounds like what you did here was use the PTV channel configuration thing to make a channel with the rule being to match a particular tv show. What i would like you to try is (this is the path for frodo, i havent tried gotham yet) go to videos from xbmc's main menu, and select playlists, then make a new smart playlist with the rule to match your tv show. Then open that smart playlist and confirm that it does contain episodes of that show.
Then in the PTV channel configuration thing make a channel with the type set to smart playlist, and then select the playlist you just made. Confirm whether or not PTV still gives nothing when you run it. If youre still having issues please post your settings2.xml file, this is where PTV keeps all of its channel configuration info.

Just built a custom smart playlist, went in and confirmed it was pulling videos. Actually I made two smart playlists, one pulling from a show title, the other pulling a genre, both of them worked. I added the two channels to the PTV channel config, still no luck.

I just tried to search my /home/user/.xbmc folder for a settings2.xml file, and it came back with no results. I have a settings.xml file, but no settings2.xml, could this be my issue!? Posted below are the contents of my settings.xml file.

Code:
<settings>
    <category label="30000">
        <setting label="30007" type="lsep"/>
        <setting type="action" label="30008" action="RunScript($CWD/config.py)"/>
        <setting label="30009" type="lsep"/>
        <setting id="AutoOff" type="enum" label="30001" values="Disable|30|60|90|120|150|180|210|240" default="6"/>
        <setting id="ForceChannelReset" type="bool" label="30002" default="false"/>
        <setting id="ChannelResetSetting" type="enum" label="30004" values="Automatic|Daily|Weekly|Monthly|Never|Every Time" default="0"/>
        <setting id="StartMode" type="enum" label="30011" values="Resume|Real Time|Random" default="1" />
        <setting id="ThreadMode" type="enum" label="30012" values="On|Minimum Use|Off" default="1" />
        <setting id="ChannelSharing" type="bool" label="30015" default="false"/>
        <setting id="SettingsFolder" subsetting="true" type="folder" source="auto" visible="eq(-1,true)" label="30013" default="" />
        <setting id="IncludeIceLib" type="bool" label="30019" default="false"/>
    </category>

<category label="30020">
        <setting id="InfoOnChange" type="bool" label="30003" default="true"/>
        <setting id="ShowChannelBug" type="bool" label="30006" default="false"/>
        <setting id="ChannelLogoFolder" type="folder" source="auto" label="30010" default="special://home/addons/script.pseudotv/resources/images/"/>
        <setting id="ClockMode" type="enum" label="30014" default="0" values="12 Hour|24 Hour"/>
        <setting id="EnableComingUp" type="bool" label="30016" default="true"/>
        <setting id="HideClips" type="bool" label="30017" default="true"/>
        <setting id="ClipLength" type="enum" subsetting="true" label="30018" visible="eq(-1,true)" values="15|30|60|90|120|180|240|300|360" default="2"/>
        <setting id="ShowSeEp" type="bool" label="30021" default="true"/>
    </category>

<category label="30022">
        <setting id="ChannelDelay" type="enum" label="30023" default="0" values="None|0.25|0.5|0.75|1.0|1.25|1.5|1.75|2.0"/>
    </category>
</settings>

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 02:47)berryfly Wrote: Just built a custom smart playlist, went in and confirmed it was pulling videos. Actually I made two smart playlists, one pulling from a show title, the other pulling a genre, both of them worked. I added the two channels to the PTV channel config, still no luck.

I just tried to search my /home/user/.xbmc folder for a settings2.xml file, and it came back with no results. I have a settings.xml file, but no settings2.xml, could this be my issue!? Posted below are the contents of my settings.xml file.

Code:
<settings>
    <category label="30000">
        <setting label="30007" type="lsep"/>
        <setting type="action" label="30008" action="RunScript($CWD/config.py)"/>
        <setting label="30009" type="lsep"/>
        <setting id="AutoOff" type="enum" label="30001" values="Disable|30|60|90|120|150|180|210|240" default="6"/>
        <setting id="ForceChannelReset" type="bool" label="30002" default="false"/>
        <setting id="ChannelResetSetting" type="enum" label="30004" values="Automatic|Daily|Weekly|Monthly|Never|Every Time" default="0"/>
        <setting id="StartMode" type="enum" label="30011" values="Resume|Real Time|Random" default="1" />
        <setting id="ThreadMode" type="enum" label="30012" values="On|Minimum Use|Off" default="1" />
        <setting id="ChannelSharing" type="bool" label="30015" default="false"/>
        <setting id="SettingsFolder" subsetting="true" type="folder" source="auto" visible="eq(-1,true)" label="30013" default="" />
        <setting id="IncludeIceLib" type="bool" label="30019" default="false"/>
    </category>

<category label="30020">
        <setting id="InfoOnChange" type="bool" label="30003" default="true"/>
        <setting id="ShowChannelBug" type="bool" label="30006" default="false"/>
        <setting id="ChannelLogoFolder" type="folder" source="auto" label="30010" default="special://home/addons/script.pseudotv/resources/images/"/>
        <setting id="ClockMode" type="enum" label="30014" default="0" values="12 Hour|24 Hour"/>
        <setting id="EnableComingUp" type="bool" label="30016" default="true"/>
        <setting id="HideClips" type="bool" label="30017" default="true"/>
        <setting id="ClipLength" type="enum" subsetting="true" label="30018" visible="eq(-1,true)" values="15|30|60|90|120|180|240|300|360" default="2"/>
        <setting id="ShowSeEp" type="bool" label="30021" default="true"/>
    </category>

<category label="30022">
        <setting id="ChannelDelay" type="enum" label="30023" default="0" values="None|0.25|0.5|0.75|1.0|1.25|1.5|1.75|2.0"/>
    </category>
</settings>

This file is from the addon directory, not your your userdata directory. I believe on linux it should be located at ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - berryfly - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 03:32)spanktastic2120 Wrote: This file is from the addon directory, not your your userdata directory. I believe on linux it should be located at ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv

Oop sorry I was searching in ~/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-Master instead of ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv, here is my current settings2.xml file, the TEST.xsp and TEST2.xsp are my custom smart playlists, the first being a Title based one for a specific show, and the second is a Genre based one for 'Comedy', both show up content when going into the playlist and opening them up.

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Version" value="2.1.0" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_type" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/TEST.xsp" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_type" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/TEST2.xsp" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_1" value="Comedy Central" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_1" value="NBC" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_1" value="FOX" />
    <setting id="Channel_6_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_6_1" value="CBS" />
    <setting id="Channel_7_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_7_1" value="HBO" />
    <setting id="Channel_8_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_8_1" value="Showtime" />
    <setting id="Channel_9_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_9_1" value="Cartoon Network" />
    <setting id="Channel_10_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_10_1" value="Comedy" />
    <setting id="Channel_11_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_11_1" value="Animation" />
    <setting id="Channel_12_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_12_1" value="Drama" />
    <setting id="Channel_13_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_13_1" value="Children" />
    <setting id="Channel_14_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_14_1" value="Documentary" />
    <setting id="Channel_15_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_15_1" value="Action" />
    <setting id="Channel_16_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_16_1" value="Science-Fiction" />
    <setting id="Channel_17_type" value="9999" />
    <setting id="Channel_17_1" value="Adventure" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1381106277" />
    <setting id="LastExitTime" value="1381106279" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_6_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_7_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_8_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_9_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_10_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_11_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_12_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_13_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_14_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_15_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_16_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_17_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_9_2" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="0" />
</settings>

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 04:04)berryfly Wrote: Oop sorry I was searching in ~/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-Master instead of ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv, here is my current settings2.xml file, the TEST.xsp and TEST2.xsp are my custom smart playlists, the first being a Title based one for a specific show, and the second is a Genre based one for 'Comedy', both show up content when going into the playlist and opening them up.

PseudoTV-Master you say? Well theres your problem, you should be using the stable-pre. One of your first logs showed stable-pre in the name, you must have grabbed the wrong one during all of your reinstalls. Heres a link from the front page, http://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/zipball/stable-pre

(2013-10-07, 04:14)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 04:04)berryfly Wrote: Oop sorry I was searching in ~/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-Master instead of ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv, here is my current settings2.xml file, the TEST.xsp and TEST2.xsp are my custom smart playlists, the first being a Title based one for a specific show, and the second is a Genre based one for 'Comedy', both show up content when going into the playlist and opening them up.

PseudoTV-Master you say? Well theres your problem, you should be using the stable-pre. One of your first logs showed stable-pre in the name, you must have grabbed the wrong one during all of your reinstalls. Heres a link from the front page, http://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/zipball/stable-pre

Actually this was the only time I have used the PseudoTV-Master, my other reinstalls I was using the stable-pre. I am going to retry everything tomorrow pretty much every step you have explained to me and I will report back hopefully with good news. I do appreciate your help. I'll be back tomorrow!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - dkplayaclub - 2013-10-07

I am using PsuedoTV Live currently, but this question should apply here as well. I am unable to create any channels on my Ouya. For my PC I used PTV Manager, but it only works on Windows. The channel configuration has never worked for me so I am unsure what to do.

(2013-10-07, 15:41)dkplayaclub Wrote: I am using PsuedoTV Live currently, but this question should apply here as well. I am unable to create any channels on my Ouya. For my PC I used PTV Manager, but it only works on Windows. The channel configuration has never worked for me so I am unsure what to do.

You have to use the default skin for it to work.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - dkplayaclub - 2013-10-07

So I have heard, but I can not get it to work in Confluence, Aeon Nox or Transparency.

I should note that some of the functions work, but the one I really want, add custom playlist, does not work on any skin. All of my channels are based on playlists.

(2013-10-07, 16:17)dkplayaclub Wrote: I should note that some of the functions work, but the one I really want, add custom playlist, does not work on any skin. All of my channels are based on playlists.

Then you can either make the settings2.xml file manually, or do it with the pseudotv manager program on a different machine and transfer it over.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Georgyw5k - 2013-10-07

I realise this is *ever so slightly* off topic, but this thread is far more active than the PseudoTV Manager thread -

I'm having some issues getting PseudoTV Manager to work, with it constantly giving me unhandled exception errors when trying to "save" the directory where the myvideos75.db and settings2.xml are. It doesn't allow me to edit anything - Which is slightly odd, given I've had this working before, And i can't figure out what's changed. Looking in the thread there are a fair few people with similar issues, but no real resolution I can find (I've tried installing the standalone .net framework too, which changed nothing).

Again, sorry for the slightly off-topic nature of this post, but it's still Pseudo related so Smile