Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Guile - 2013-11-01

Having a strange problem. Running Stable pre and while it appears everything is working well, I have a couple of channels that only show like the same five things over and over again! These channels DO have one thing in common, they are BOTH "Directory" channels. I do all channel mgmt. from ptv manager btw. Tried different settings (play random, real time, etc) but nothing, same couple of videos over and over.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - clennys - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-01, 06:53)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 03:28)clennys Wrote: Has anyone ever experienced certain episodes in the tv listing that are seemingly endless in length? They are always the same episodes and for some reason PseudoTV thinks its like 12 hours long when it's actually only an hour in length.

Thanks for any help.

im betting you used ember media manager and it made an nfo file with a <runtime> tag and that value is in seconds instead of minutes, it needs to be in minutes. PTV uses the <runtime> tag to figure out how long things should be in the guide.

You are correct! I'll look into it. You're probably right. I previously used a different manager for my TV shows but recently switched to ember and it seems to be happening with my new shows. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Guile - 2013-11-03

(2013-11-01, 20:35)Guile Wrote: Having a strange problem. Running Stable pre and while it appears everything is working well, I have a couple of channels that only show like the same five things over and over again! These channels DO have one thing in common, they are BOTH "Directory" channels. I do all channel mgmt. from ptv manager btw. Tried different settings (play random, real time, etc) but nothing, same couple of videos over and over.

Not that all that many people are probably interested but....my problem is/was the mp4 files were NOT converted properly. In case anybody else encounters a similar problem, quick convert with mkvmerge and all is fine.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-03, 17:43)Guile Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 20:35)Guile Wrote: Having a strange problem. Running Stable pre and while it appears everything is working well, I have a couple of channels that only show like the same five things over and over again! These channels DO have one thing in common, they are BOTH "Directory" channels. I do all channel mgmt. from ptv manager btw. Tried different settings (play random, real time, etc) but nothing, same couple of videos over and over.

Not that all that many people are probably interested but....my problem is/was the mp4 files were NOT converted properly. In case anybody else encounters a similar problem, quick convert with mkvmerge and all is fine.

i sort of have a similar problem like this. i do all channel managment from the channel configurator in PTV. all of my channels are set up by network as to mimic real tv. on my cbs channel i have episode of two different shows that actually play on cbs on real tv. anyways it seems to play the same episodes over and over. only out of a larger pool than just a couple episodes. yet, MUCH less than the actual number of episodes i have. almost like it has a problem playing completely random. or within the coding there actually IS a coded pattern to which the channels play. there are some episodes that have played 20 times and some that haven played at all. how does one counter this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-04, 01:38)mikexmayhem Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 17:43)Guile Wrote: Not that all that many people are probably interested but....my problem is/was the mp4 files were NOT converted properly. In case anybody else encounters a similar problem, quick convert with mkvmerge and all is fine.

i sort of have a similar problem like this. i do all channel managment from the channel configurator in PTV. all of my channels are set up by network as to mimic real tv. on my cbs channel i have episode of two different shows that actually play on cbs on real tv. anyways it seems to play the same episodes over and over. only out of a larger pool than just a couple episodes. yet, MUCH less than the actual number of episodes i have. almost like it has a problem playing completely random. or within the coding there actually IS a coded pattern to which the channels play. there are some episodes that have played 20 times and some that haven played at all. how does one counter this?

They arent getting played because they arent being picked up properly.

If you are using directories to play your channels then the files themselves are not encoded properly like the post you quoted and that will be your solution.

If you are using network channel types then there is no runtime tag in your xbmc library for the episodes that arent getting picked up.
Most likely you used something to generate nfo files and there was no runtime tag put in the ones that dont show up.
If you simply scraped them into the library then youll need to rescrape from a source that has runtime listed or make your own nfo files for each episode making sure to include a runtime tag, then refresh all episodes of the show from the nfo files.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-11-04

Runtime is there. Ran into an issue with the EPG showing infinite runtime basically so all episodes had to be rescraped with correct run times

All the episodes play if i select them manually but they don't seem to show up seemingly in PTV.

If encoding is still a problem, how do I tell which ones are the problem. There are over 2500 episodes in my library and it would take forever to check every one haha

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-04, 04:31)mikexmayhem Wrote: Runtime is there. Ran into an issue with the EPG showing infinite runtime basically so all episodes had to be rescraped with correct run times

All the episodes play if i select them manually but they don't seem to show up seemingly in PTV.

If encoding is still a problem, how do I tell which ones are the problem. There are over 2500 episodes in my library and it would take forever to check every one haha

Post a log. The only reason they wont show up in PTV is if PTV cant get their runtime by either checking the file or by the metadata in xbmc's library.

That is probably the one thing I haven't yet learned how to do :/

(2013-11-04, 05:05)mikexmayhem Wrote: That is probably the one thing I haven't yet learned how to do :/

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Advanced

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-11-05

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=80195

All that was done here was set PTV to reset channels on start as I added some new episodes. I was already tuned to the channel I mostly watch in which I've been describing so far. I skipped through several episodes to see what ones loaded. 4 were ones I haven't seen before. All the rest were ones I watched yesterday evening lol. Not just "seen before", but watched within the last 10 hours. It's always like this. I skip through about 5 episodes, play one I haven't seen or haven't seen recently, skip through another bunch. Up until yesterday I've had the same episodes in the library for the past 2 months and finally caught one that has not been played. I think I will start keeping track of the episodes played to actually see the pattern

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-11-06

Jason - Any chance we'll get an update for Gotham? Love this addon so much! I use it pretty much everyday.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-06

(2013-11-05, 16:43)mikexmayhem Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=80195

All that was done here was set PTV to reset channels on start as I added some new episodes. I was already tuned to the channel I mostly watch in which I've been describing so far. I skipped through several episodes to see what ones loaded. 4 were ones I haven't seen before. All the rest were ones I watched yesterday evening lol. Not just "seen before", but watched within the last 10 hours. It's always like this. I skip through about 5 episodes, play one I haven't seen or haven't seen recently, skip through another bunch. Up until yesterday I've had the same episodes in the library for the past 2 months and finally caught one that has not been played. I think I will start keeping track of the episodes played to actually see the pattern

Ok wait, your issue is that you have it set to play episodes in a random order and it seems to be non-random? Some episodes play all the time and others are never on?

If you dont want episodes you have watched to show up, just set "only play unwatched items" to true.

There is no way to make the random more random. Without looking at the code im assuming it puts them in a randomly sorted order using a builtin random() function, the only thing you could do is make a smart playlist in xbmc and set that to random and hope that it is using the random function from c++ or whatever language that is coded in and then also hope that the implementations are different for python and c++. Machine random is never truely random, but it should always be a good approximation.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-11-06

yeah it didnt seem like this log would show much. or how would i show a log of whats going on. i dont know. but i would still want the watched ones to play. it just seems the ratio is weighted more towards RECENTLY watched versus unwatched or watched a while ago lol. anyways ive decided to keep track of the episodes it plays and see what type of pattern arises. mainly cuz i have nothing better to do. but i will give the smart playlist a try and just see how that goes too lol. i will post my findings later. otherwise, PTV is still by far the best and most used addon for xmbc. hopefully we'll see gotham support as soon as a somewhat, or fully, stable version is released.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - seth.feinberg - 2013-11-08

I used PseudoTV under Eden without issue but have had issues since updating to Frodo (I'm using the latest stable-pre from git). Anytime I open PsuedoTV it starts loading channels and counts up videos processed but always gets to, at most, 300 then the dialog disappears and the screen is just black. hitting "Enter" (or really any button) makes noise as if the TV Guide is being pulled up and hitting navigation keys sounds like its navigating the Guide, but the screen remains black. Hitting "X" or Stop doesn't do anything but if I hit "S" a shutdown menu comes on the screen and i can effectively close down XBMC.

Also, the other day, when a smarter friend than I was over, I attempted to show him the issue and when I would click on the shortcut on my homescreen, or PseudoTV in the Programs window, or try to Open Channel Configuration in the settings, it would make the sound as if I selected it, but then nothing would happen. It wouldn't freeze, I could navigate around XBMC and after number presses did just that, then started watching American Dad episodes, about halfway through the third one (so about an hour later) the PseudoTV Channel Configuration screen popped up over the video. here is a regular Log: pastebin.com/qujJ8Gdy

I will paste a full debug log later tonight, but if anybody has any ideas to get PseudoTV working or clues to this very odd behavior I would be very grateful. My media is shared from a NAS via NFS (permissions work fine everywhere else in XBMC) and I run a MySQL db on the same NAS.

Edit: as promised here is a debug log: pastebin.com/9Zq6KKFJ also, when I first turned on debugging and tried to close XBMC (so XBMC loaded fresh for the debug log) XBMC took like 5 minutes to close, in case its related here's that log: pastebin.com/aXAvjbaw

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xxkodemanxx - 2013-11-12

Alright so I have been trying to fix my PseudoTV ever since I relocated my media to a synology. I have the NFS enabled correctly and all the media works just fine on XBMC outside of PSTV.

My problem occurs when trying to load the channels. It will go blank (black) and I will be forced to alt tab and quit the whole program.
I have tried all the FAQ and common fixes with no avail.

here is a link to a snap of the log with the error:
http://i.imgur.com/kq0j8R2.jpg

I am using Frodo 12.2 and have tried the latest pre-stable pseudotv AND the developer.. I also have a similar problem when I try to use PseudoTVLive

I have a feeling its due to possibly a file error but I cant make sense of the log.
Before I relocated my media everything was working great.

any help would be nice