Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-26

mwkurt Wrote:jtucker1972,

Was this aimed at me and the question I asked earlier regarding serialized tv shows? I don't see how this would play random episodes in their correct aired order. Is that was this playlist would do?

By the way...those screenshots of your settings pages look awesome!

Thanks,
Mark

Sorry. Misunderstood. Go to http://tiny.cc/xbmcplaylists. Go to library. Select tvshows. Look at any of those. They will return the tvshow in the order it first aired. I haven't tested all of them since I don't have all those tv shows in my library.

- mwkurt - 2011-02-26

Thanks for responding...

I looked at those and they work fine for one show, but what if you want to include more than one show that needs to be played in aired order?

Thanks,
Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-02-26

That looks like a worthwhile addition, jtucker1972. I haven't been able to mess with PseudoTV very much recently...my wife had our first child a couple days ago. Anyway, I have a couple of things on my to-do list to get the behavior consistent, then I plan on releasing a new version and adding it to the official repository. New features will be added after that.

Jason102 Wrote:That looks like a worthwhile addition, jtucker1972. I haven't been able to mess with PseudoTV very much recently...my wife had our first child a couple days ago. Anyway, I have a couple of things on my to-do list to get the behavior consistent, then I plan on releasing a new version and adding it to the official repository. New features will be added after that.

Congrats Jason! Spend these moments with your wife and child. Family first!

- derekos - 2011-02-26

@jason - Congrats!!!!

Jason102 Wrote:That looks like a worthwhile addition, jtucker1972. I haven't been able to mess with PseudoTV very much recently...my wife had our first child a couple days ago. Anyway, I have a couple of things on my to-do list to get the behavior consistent, then I plan on releasing a new version and adding it to the official repository. New features will be added after that.

- GJones - 2011-02-26

Most sincere congratulations to you and your wife, Jason.

- zepfan - 2011-02-26

Jason, congratulations to you and your wife!

- TheOddLinguist - 2011-02-26

@jason Congratulations!

- branlr - 2011-02-26

@jason

WTF?! GET BACK TO WORK!

Just kidding, congratulations. I look forward to pseudotv jr. in about 30 years. Cool

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-26

Mazitov to you and the missus!

Just had 1 bug to report. PseudoTV continues to run if you exit out of it while the info window is still open.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Change channels with the setting (Show info window on channel change).
2. Press 'stop' on the remote or similar key on the keyboard.
3. PseudoTV will remain running in the background. Pressing up or down acts as if changing channels. PseudoTV will change channels and start playing the video as normal.

My wife was some how able to get 5 instances of PseudoTV running at the same time. I was able to exit out of each one without crashing XBMC by waiting for the info window to close and pressing stop.

- Jason102 - 2011-02-26

Thanks everyone. Babies have the tendency to wake up every couple hours (as demonstrated by me posting at 2am), but they also manage to sleep for essentially the rest of the day. It's actually really nice to have a project to work on when I'm not doing anything else. So yea, this whole thing is going to slow down slightly, but definitely isn't stopping until I just can't figure out anything else to do with it and all of you stop asking for (and sometimes putting in yourself) new features.

@Sranshaft: I think I know what this is already. I have a 2 second delay after changing channels before you can do anything to prevent a couple of issues that I saw without it. I guess I need to make an exception for the stop case, though.

mwkurt Wrote:Thanks for responding...

I looked at those and they work fine for one show, but what if you want to include more than one show that needs to be played in aired order?

Thanks,
Mark

I don't think this is possible with the current playlist functionality. I tried a couple things last night but neither really worked.

Jason102 Wrote:(and sometimes putting in yourself)

Wink Sorry, I just can't help myself.

- danz0l - 2011-02-26

ok not sure what im doing wrong here. Created a playlist with all the pretanatural tv shows we have (we have lots).

Something like

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Preternatural TV</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Angel</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Are You Afraid of the Dark?</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Being Human</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Being Human (US)</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Blade</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Blood Ties</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Buffy the Vampire Slayer</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Charmed</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Demons</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Eastwick</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Ghost Whisperer</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Fringe</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Goosebumps</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Haunted</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Haven</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Lost Girl</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Medium</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Millennium</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Past Life</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Psych</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Sanctuary</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Sea of Souls</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Supernatural</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Tales from the Darkside</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">The Gates</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">The Hunger</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">The Vampire Diaries</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Torchwood</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">True Blood</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Now what we expected was a tv channel with a bunch of random shows from any of the shows above. However we seemed to get things in order, so say all of true blood first, then maybe torchwood etc. What did i do wrong ?

- Micah - 2011-02-26

I have kinda the same problem danz0l has. It does do random episodes in an random order but it does clumps of the same tv show. For instance I will get 4 episodes of Camp Lazlo then 4 or 5 episodes of Dexters Lab then 2 episodes of Flapjack. I really don't want the same shows back to back.