Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- danz0l - 2011-04-05

Trying to edit and play around with the skins in this plugin. On the confluence skin how do i enable the vertical time ? I tried replacing the pstvTimeBar.png with one that has a vertical bar but it doesn't seem to overlay. Looked at example skins and for the life of me cant seem to work it out ? Any help from skinners ?

- mcborzu - 2011-04-05

Jason102 Wrote:So python does not have the ability to read the colors set in any control button in an xml. I can, though, read what labels are. Here is what I added to an xml:

Code:
<control type="button" id="100">
    <visible>false</visible>
    <label>0xFF000000</label>
    <label2>0xFFFFFFFF</label2>
</control>

The first label is the un-focused text color, the second is the focused text color. If a skin doesn't have this control then the current color scheme will be used. What do you guys think of this crappy but functional solution?

I'd take any solution as you feel handcuffed as only so many colors show the light grey font properly and this is real easy on my/our part to implement...

- Jason102 - 2011-04-05

@danz0l: You also need to adjust the position and height of control ID 120...this image is used to get basic parameters for the time bar.

- zepfan - 2011-04-05

Jason102 Wrote:So python does not have the ability to read the colors set in any control button in an xml. I can, though, read what labels are. Here is what I added to an xml:

Code:
<control type="button" id="100">
    <visible>false</visible>
    <label>0xFF000000</label>
    <label2>0xFFFFFFFF</label2>
</control>

The first label is the un-focused text color, the second is the focused text color. If a skin doesn't have this control then the current color scheme will be used. What do you guys think of this crappy but functional solution?
Is that added to the skin epg or program epg XML?

- Jason102 - 2011-04-05

It would be added to the epg xml code. The backend part of it isn't in stable-pre yet, as I was waiting for feedback if this was a reasonable (and complete enough) solution.

- zepfan - 2011-04-05

Ok sounds good. White is always a good color for visibility.

- Jason102 - 2011-04-06

Ok, the changes to the text color have been pushed to stable-pre.

- User 55003 - 2011-04-06

Jason102 Wrote:Ok, the changes to the text color have been pushed to stable-pre.

Cheers Jason102, that did the trick and gives skinners a lot more scope with background textures and text colours. Thanks again for the quick Fix Cool

Updated Skin with epg text code (stable-pre)

- Sranshaft - 2011-04-06

I will have an update for the reFocus skin ready to be pushed to the pre-stable branch very shortly. I've gone ahead and completely skinned the new channel configuration dialog.

Turns out, it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Credit to Jason for laying everything out in a pretty straight-forward manner. I have run into one thing though. Trying to change the genre in Mixed Genre, Movie Genre and Movie Studio crashes XBMC. Posted a debug log here: http://pastebin.com/1wxB9rUh

Update: Found a new bug. If I exit out of PseudoTV while the EPG is still open I get a script error.

Code:
17:59:52 T:4032 M:1845268480   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 47, in onPlayBackStopped
                                                self.overlay.end()
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 627, in end
                                                ADDON_SETTINGS.setSetting('Channel_' + str(i + 1) + '_time', str(int(time.time() - self.timeStarted + self.channels[i].totalTimePlayed)))
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV/resources/lib\Settings.py", line 92, in setSetting
                                                if found == False:
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 46, in onPlayBackStopped
                                                self.log('Playback stopped')
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 42, in log
                                                log('Player: ' + msg, level)
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
18:00:02 T:4716 M:1856712704   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV

- ghostelement - 2011-04-06

Got an idea for a new option for pseudoTV. Would be cool if you could turn on a setting that would pop up ClearART in the corner for the show airing next, and would say something like "Coming up next:" or something. You could set it to pop up at a certain time, like 5 mins before the current show ends. Thoughts?

- Sranshaft - 2011-04-06

The new, updated reFocus skin is now available for everyone to test. You must make sure you have the pre-stable version of PseudoTV. Download from here.

- danz0l - 2011-04-06

Sranshaft Wrote:The new, updated reFocus skin is now available for everyone to test. You must make sure you have the pre-stable version of PseudoTV. Download from here.

I love that idea. Smile

I mentioned this on the TV Time thread but have cut and paste my idea here jason to see what you think.

Quote:I wonder if, on a latter update, we could regenerate the playlists in the background ready for tomorrows viewing. So when you launch tomorrow there is no regeneration delay. I see it as this.

Launch PseudoTV and watch channels as per normal (first time generates the channels and populates with titles). Then in the background PseudoTV generates another set of playlists (transparant to the user) that will be popped into a TOMORROW directory. When PseudoTV is next launched it checks if the full 24 hours have passed (or user defined) and loads in the TOMORROW playlists, deleting those after loading and repeating with a new set created for the next day. This way all the setup functionality is transparent to the end user and the channels remain fresh. What you think ?

What you think Jason ?

- Jason102 - 2011-04-06

Sranshaft: I've fixed both of the issues that you saw. The problem with changing the list item dealt with the fact that no movies were detected on your system. Is this correct? I just want to make sure that there isn't an issue with my code that parses the JSON results.

danz0l: It is a good idea, just a very difficult one to implement. XBMC isn't a big fan of using multiple threads in the addon code. I've done it in a couple of places, but I have to be very careful to test it over and over to make sure nothing breaks. Your idea would be great if I could pull it off, it would just require multithreading to do. I'll think about it, I'm just not sure I will be able to get it to a point that I think it's stable enough to use.

- danz0l - 2011-04-06

Jason102 Wrote:Sranshaft: I've fixed both of the issues that you saw. The problem with changing the list item dealt with the fact that no movies were detected on your system. Is this correct? I just want to make sure that there isn't an issue with my code that parses the JSON results.

danz0l: It is a good idea, just a very difficult one to implement. XBMC isn't a big fan of using multiple threads in the addon code. I've done it in a couple of places, but I have to be very careful to test it over and over to make sure nothing breaks. Your idea would be great if I could pull it off, it would just require multithreading to do. I'll think about it, I'm just not sure I will be able to get it to a point that I think it's stable enough to use.

Thanks Jason and yes if it could be done it would be great. Will keep my fingers crossed Smile

- Sranshaft - 2011-04-06

Jason102 Wrote:Sranshaft: I've fixed both of the issues that you saw. The problem with changing the list item dealt with the fact that no movies were detected on your system. Is this correct? I just want to make sure that there isn't an issue with my code that parses the JSON results.

Ah, yes. That was the problem. I must have forgotten to add them back after doing a clean wipe of the database. Will add them in and make sure.