Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- jtucker1972 - 2011-05-20

Jason102 Wrote:Not currently. I've considered add this as an option in the past, but always end up on some other feature. I'll put it on my to-do list.

I have yet to do this. It should be a relatively simple change, I just never added it to my list and proceeded to immediately forget. I'll add it to my list and (hopefully) it will go into the next version.

I don't use either. I get the duration directly from XBMC, and I don't know which of those it uses. So really I can't be of much help here. I know there was talk about this earlier, but I don't remember the resolution. Does anyone know how these tags are used in XBMC? Are they actually put into the db or are they just read from the nfo when needed?

XBMC uses <durationinseconds>.

- wimpy - 2011-05-21

jtucker1972 Wrote:XBMC uses <durationinseconds>.

Thanks Smile I thought so. I'll do another go at setting that value in the files and rescan and readd the playlist into pseudotv.

- wimpy - 2011-05-21

Ok seems i can now populate the EPG with short clips (had to use <durationinseconds> like mentioned above), but the script dies once i highlight the channel in question and it looks empty in the EPG view (when pressing Enter).

So:

1) I manage to populate the channel and i can move with up/down to watch any channel (incl the one with the short clips)

2) however i'm unable to use the EPG view and see what's on the channel in question and as soon as i select that channel the script dies/locks but the video(s) in the background keeps playing.

this is how it looks and what i did in this scenario i was on the row below the empty one and pressed UP. the scripts stalls. i was able to press 'X' to stop the video playing in the background and return to the main menu, but with the EPG window still overlaying everything and i can't navigate xbmc at all when it happens. the debug log shows nothing wrong either.

any tips? would really love to get this working Smile

- wimpy - 2011-05-21

Small update. I faked the <durationinseconds> to above 10 minutes on all the short clips (which are 1-2 minutes long avg really) to see if the EPG window would behave differently when readding with "new longer fake lengths".

Now the channel line displays items like the others and it doesn't stall the script when i highlight the channel line in EPG window. It does not work however as the fake <durationinseconds> breaks the script when trying to display a video that's normally 30 seconds long when i have it set to 12 minutes (just an example).

If this is possible to fix with a dirty hack or a perm solution please let me know. If my english skills is poor when it comes to explaining my problem also let me know Wink

- Jason102 - 2011-05-21

Weird. Can you post the debug log?

- wimpy - 2011-05-21

Jason102 Wrote:Weird. Can you post the debug log?

Sure will post a debug on pastebin tomorrow when I wake up =)

- Ferdnand - 2011-05-21

How can i add a channel and make it show the stream from my xbmc-streams library.. i can see the a b c stream from this plugin , I would like to make a channel that is getting the plugin from there.. or direct from the actual plugin..

I hope you get the idea...

- Jason102 - 2011-05-21

Small update to stable-pre. Adds 30-sec skip (using arrows left and right when the info window and EPG isn't up). Fixes the issue with XBMC crashing on exit when using ESC to quit PseudoTV. Only starts the background update thread if the channel reset mode is set to automatic. More changes on the way (slowly but surely).

- primetime34 - 2011-05-22

Jason102 Wrote:Small update to stable-pre. Adds 30-sec skip (using arrows left and right when the info window and EPG isn't up). Fixes the issue with XBMC crashing on exit when using ESC to quit PseudoTV. Only starts the background update thread if the channel reset mode is set to automatic. More changes on the way (slowly but surely).

Update sounds great! Thanks.

Parental Controls - csilva857 - 2011-05-22

It would be nice to have some channels locked by a parental control lock screen , Where the info would not show up on the bottom and the 4 digit code could be used to unlock a channel or some certain content via its rating, which would make this easy to hand over to the kids and teens , similar to a vchip

Lock Pseudo Tv view, To keep people from looking around on your XBMC

A master lock that would disable Pseudo TV View Lock & unlock all channels

Profile Lock, Ability to set up profiles based on shows or ratings

lockout timer

Possibilitys are endless with featues like this, i think it would be a good addition

- jtucker1972 - 2011-05-22

csilva857 Wrote:It would be nice to have some channels locked by a parental control lock screen , Where the info would not show up on the bottom and the 4 digit code could be used to unlock a channel or some certain content via its rating, which would make this easy to hand over to the kids and teens , similar to a vchip

Lock Pseudo Tv view, To keep people from looking around on your XBMC

A master lock that would disable Pseudo TV View Lock & unlock all channels

Profile Lock, Ability to set up profiles based on shows or ratings

lockout timer

Possibilitys are endless with featues like this, i think it would be a good addition

Why wouldn't you use XBMC's builtin profiles functionality and then setup PseudoTV specific to each user's profile? There is also a Master lock password you can configure in XBMC so they can't change the settings.

- WarlockSyno - 2011-05-23

Can you add the ability to add live streams and stuff like Justin.TV and Ustream?

- Jason102 - 2011-05-23

Quote:Can you add the ability to add live streams and stuff like Justin.TV and Ustream?

Live streams aren't on the roadmap at the moment, just because they make the EPG useless (not to mention the excessive buffering). This may change in the future. Really this would be the ultimate use of PseudoTV, being able to use any live streaming plugin in the channel list. The hurdles for that goal, though, are a bit more than I'm willing to tackle at the moment.

Quote:How can i add a channel and make it show the stream from my xbmc-streams library

I'm not sure what you mean by xbmc-streams library. Can you point me in the right direction?

- swaq - 2011-05-23

Just found out about this awesome software yesterday - my highest regards to the developers! PseudoTV has already increased my fondness of XBMC by a huge factor.

I just have a single question to the use. After having looked trough most of this thread and everything Google could offer, I still havent found out how to start a movie with a DVD-menu. Sadly I ripped 300 DVDs, without knowing it was possible to remove the menu. Since PseudoTV takes control over the keys, I can't navigate to 'Play Movie' and press OK.

I have checked the setting in XBMC regarding trying to skip the menu and go directly to the movie.
Sincerly hope a solution exists to my issue and someone here is aware of it Wink

Sincerly Swaq

- mwkurt - 2011-05-23

swaq Wrote:Just found out about this awesome software yesterday - my highest regards to the developers! PseudoTV has already increased my fondness of XBMC by a huge factor.

I just have a single question to the use. After having looked trough most of this thread and everything Google could offer, I still havent found out how to start a movie with a DVD-menu. Sadly I ripped 300 DVDs, without knowing it was possible to remove the menu. Since PseudoTV takes control over the keys, I can't navigate to 'Play Movie' and press OK.

I have checked the setting in XBMC regarding trying to skip the menu and go directly to the movie.
Sincerly hope a solution exists to my issue and someone here is aware of it Wink

Sincerly Swaq

Hi Swag,

Unfortunately....I think in order to use your movies with PseudoTV, you are going to have to re-rip them without menus or cut the menus off somehow. I don't think it was made to use DVD menus. It is meant to simulate TV channels. Too bad, that was a lot of work for you.

Mark