Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Martijn - 2011-07-27

@zepfan
Mayby i could ask Big Noid if he has some time to finish the skin. After all he's the creater of the Aeon Nox skin.

@jason

I noticed not all text is localized. Will you be adding this to future versions?
Also when i use PeseudoTV the navigation controls like pause/stop/FF/FW and sound settings are not like in XBMC itself. There you hit "enter" to get the controls and with pseudo i get the channel list. It only pops up wen you hit "S" but you also get the navigation window op XBMC itself

- zepfan - 2011-07-27

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:@zepfan
Mayby i could ask Big Noid if he has some time to finish the skin. After all he's the creater of the Aeon Nox skin.

Sure, both he and Marcos know of the skin, but Marcos includes it with the skin now. I don't mind if someone wants to take over the skin, it's really not something i'm that good at. I just started learning how to do it by modifying sran's skins a while ago.

- bobbobbob - 2011-07-27

mwkurt Wrote:These both can be done now. It will take some 'splainin, so hold on....
[snip]
Hope this helps,
Mark

Hmm, I am trying this but I can't get it to work. The frequency doesn't change at all, no matter how many times I list it, or how much I bump the 'limit' up on one show's playlist relative to the others. When I leave out the order=random tag in the final channel, rather than following the order listed in the playlist, episodes are just listed consecutively in blocks of shows. It's entirely probable I am doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

Jason102 Wrote:Bobbobbob: No, I haven't heard of that bug. Does it happen all the time? If so, can you get a debug log for me? Does anyone else see this issue?

No, it happens fairly infrequently, but sufficiently often for me to have noticed it. It's not a major nuisance, I was just curious if this was happening to anyone else.

- Jason102 - 2011-07-27

It's frustrating when I don't get email notifications of activity in this thread. Ah well.

zepfan: There is still quite a bit of work that I have to do in order to get the rules all working properly, so you have some time. Of course this release is adding yet another window that could be skinned...

Machine-Sanctum: It's true, I haven't localized any text. On person gave me some spanish translation in the past, but without "interpreters" there is no rush for me to change this in the code. If you (or someone else) wishes to help translate all of the text to some other language, I'd be happy to modify the code to actually use that.

As far as controls go, I use the same controls in PseudoTV for pause/play/ff/rw as I do when watching a show by itself. Scripts actually can't prevent those key presses from going through to the video. If you are trying to bring up a control window (the OSD maybe?) then you do have to press some other key. The reason for this is that certain system (ATV) don't have access to much beyond the enter and arrow keys, so I need to make sure everything is usable using only those.

bobbobbob: I read mwkurt's description and it won't work with PseudoTV...it does work with TV Time. I currently don't allow for accessing a smart playlist inside of another smart playlist. This is because I don't want to end up in a loop that can crash the script (and probably XBMC) and I haven't figured out a good way to prevent this. As I mentioned, I'm going to try and make what you're trying to do possible in the next update using the rules system.

- zepfan - 2011-07-27

Jason102 Wrote:zepfan: There is still quite a bit of work that I have to do in order to get the rules all working properly, so you have some time. Of course this release is adding yet another window that could be skinned...

What window are you adding now? Big Grin Is it in stable-pre yet so I can take a look?

- Jason102 - 2011-07-27

I'm adding a window for the channel rules. I need to add a new window so that it will work with existing skins. It's not in stable-pre yet because I haven't quite gotten it to a point that I like it. Hopefully this weekend some time I'll have something up to get feedback on.

- Martijn - 2011-07-27

Nerd
Jason102 Wrote:Machine-Sanctum: It's true, I haven't localized any text. On person gave me some spanish translation in the past, but without "interpreters" there is no rush for me to change this in the code. If you (or someone else) wishes to help translate all of the text to some other language, I'd be happy to modify the code to actually use that.

As far as controls go, I use the same controls in PseudoTV for pause/play/ff/rw as I do when watching a show by itself. Scripts actually can't prevent those key presses from going through to the video. If you are trying to bring up a control window (the OSD maybe?) then you do have to press some other key. The reason for this is that certain system (ATV) don't have access to much beyond the enter and arrow keys, so I need to make sure everything is usable using only those.

I would be happy to translate. I could do Dutch and probably German.
I already translated the settings window to Dutch because that one is localized.

Indeed the OSD window was the word i was looking for Nerd
You're wright that has to operate on every platform. I have a keyboard with media controls so that not really a problem. However change the subtitle/language is a little bit more difficult.
Already found the wright key "CRTL+G" Big Grin

keymap.xml - button to start pseudo - Abe Froman - 2011-07-27

How do you map a button to run pseudotv. I have tried:

<f9>RunScript(script.xbmc.pseudotv)</f9>

and a couple other things with no success...

edit: <f9>RunScript(script.pseudotv)</f9> is working, thanks!

- Martijn - 2011-07-27

Abe Froman Wrote:How do you map a button to run pseudotv. I have tried:

<f9>RunScript(script.xbmc.pseudotv)</f9>

and a couple other things with no success...

I think you have the wrong scriptname.
Maybe try:
<f9>RunScript(script.pseudotv)</f9>

- mwkurt - 2011-07-27

Jason102 Wrote:bobbobbob: I read mwkurt's description and it won't work with PseudoTV...it does work with TV Time. I currently don't allow for accessing a smart playlist inside of another smart playlist. This is because I don't want to end up in a loop that can crash the script (and probably XBMC) and I haven't figured out a good way to prevent this. As I mentioned, I'm going to try and make what you're trying to do possible in the next update using the rules system.

Jason....I am currently using PseudoTV and this is the way that I have my playlists set up. I do use a playlist within a playlist and it is working just fine on my end. I have found that if I try to put a playlist based on genres into a channel playlist, it doesn't work, but using TV Show playlist inside of a channel playlist works okay.

Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-07-27

Yes, sorry, I was a bit off (shows how much I mess with certain pieces of the code). I do allow a single level of smart playlist inside a smart playlist, but only the 1 level. If you try to go any farther down and it won't work.

- mwkurt - 2011-07-27

Jason102 Wrote:Yes, sorry, I was a bit off (shows how much I mess with certain pieces of the code). I do allow a single level of smart playlist inside a smart playlist, but only the 1 level. If you try to go any farther down and it won't work.

Will we be able to go more than one level down with playlists within playlists?

Mark

- Martijn - 2011-07-27

Jason.

Had some trouble when i cleared my movie/tv show database. I moved the files to a new folder and afterwords added them back to the XBMC library.
After i started that i started PseudoTV witch started up fine untill it wanted to play a movie/series. Apperently it didn't detect that the XBMC library was changed en the files where moved. So i had manually delted the playlistsin the userdata folder.
After that it created new playlists and it worked fine again.
Maybe add this to the code or an option to clear the playlists

- Jason102 - 2011-07-27

You should be able to force a reset from the options.

mwkurt: That ability isn't currently in the plans. Wait until after the next release, then ask again...I just want to make sure it's actually something you still want after the rules are added.

- Martijn - 2011-07-27

Jason102 Wrote:You should be able to force a reset from the options.

Aaahh that's what that button does Big Grin
Thought it was just a reset, not a rebuild.
Like that it started all over again with it's playlist.
Maybe change the string a bit like "rebuild PseudoTV playlist at next startup"