Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2? (/showthread.php?tid=91287)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- El Nacho - 2011-06-20

kno1 Wrote:Is it possible to map the downloading with the subtitle-download add-on to a button? I'm doing it quite often, and that seems like a good feature to put under a single button.

I'm also wondering almost the exact same thing. Is there a list of buttons that XBMC "knows" about and is it possible to reassign those buttons to other functions. I'd love to be able to have a single button for subtitle downloading. I'd also be interested in making up and down jump forward/backwards 10 minutes. That's the way it was set up on my old xbox and I really like that feature.

- El Nacho - 2011-06-21

Anybody?

- Ned Scott - 2011-06-21

El Nacho Wrote:Anybody?

There's a few threads that talk about how to do this. Just search. If the words you are using aren't finding anything try searching for "kepmap".

page up, page down - newin96 - 2011-07-12

I'm happily fastforwarding and rewinding (just thought how funny that term is now), but would love to figure out how to page down and up (since the scrolling down isn't feasible yet) on the harmony.
Getting through the A-Z listings is tedious with the click, click, click... process

Any ideas?

and thank you all on this great forum. I can't believe how little TV I'm watching when the ATV2 isn't on Laugh

- dazex - 2011-07-12

newin96,
Just edit your keymap file and you can get the unused buttons on the remote to do what you need.

Think about it. Fast forward or Next Chapter buttons would not be needed while browsing your Library.

So assign that for paging down the list and you essentially have what you're looking for. Let me know if you need more instructions than that.

- chibwack - 2011-08-04

This may have been figured out by now, but the page up/down work natively if you have your harmony set up for ATV2 and are using the latest official build. at least for me! (though the skip fwd/bwd buttons are backwards...)

- rof-x - 2011-08-10

chibwack Wrote:This may have been figured out by now, but the page up/down work natively if you have your harmony set up for ATV2 and are using the latest official build. at least for me! (though the skip fwd/bwd buttons are backwards...)

It's the same for me, running the 20110808 nightly build. Chapter skip back/fwd buttons are interchanged, which is a little annoying. Is this something to be fixed in the keymap files, or what?

I'll provide log files if that's needed.

Rune

- danfozzy - 2011-09-13

rof-x Wrote:It's the same for me, running the 20110808 nightly build. Chapter skip back/fwd buttons are interchanged, which is a little annoying. Is this something to be fixed in the keymap files, or what?

I'll provide log files if that's needed.

Rune

i can confirm that the skip chapters buttons are still working the opposite way round, e.g next is previous and vice versa

which key ID is it to changeHuh

- rof-x - 2011-09-13

I fixed this issue in my keymap file. Have a look here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108324

Regards,
Rune

- danfozzy - 2011-09-14

Thanks rune, works a treat. These changes need to be added to the commit

- n1ng - 2011-09-15

flaviosa Wrote:Hi guys,

I am using the version of the 27 of february and when I press the pause button or the fastfoward or rewind button the xbmc is quitting.

What should I do?

I found I had the same problem. It was global to my ATV2 (i.e. pressing pause also restart Frontrow) so I updated to iOS 4.3, all is good now. My harmony remote works fine now. I think I was on 4.1 so I guess the new commands were not available or did something else in earlier versions?

- seth.feinberg - 2011-09-16

dazex Wrote:@SunnyynnuS,

Add Apple TV to your Harmony remote via Harmony Remote Central program. All the new buttons should be automatically mapped for you.

Then simply ensure you are running the Feb 27th nightly and you should be good to go.

The default location of the joystick.AppleRemote.xml is:
/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps/

But if you customize it, you should upload it to your user directory at:
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

Just make sure you sFTP in as user: mobile pass: alpine so you don't mess up the permissions.

Also, make sure to relaunch xbmc if you made any changes to your joystick.AppleRemote.xml for those changes to take.

@El Nacho,
Those are all the BREvent ID that we could find currently. Whether there's more is left to be discovered.

@dazex, I'm having difficulty getting xbmc on my atv2 to recognize the modified joystick.AppleRemote.xml file that I made. I'm near positive the file was modified correctly. I sftp'ed into my atv2 with Cyberduck, using the "mobile" username and dropped the joystick.AppleRemote.xml into /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc/userdata/keymaps/. My atv2 is running 4.2.1 and I have the sep 13th build of xbmc installed (PRE-11.0 Git:20110913-c93ea68). When I shutdown xbmc (I even powered down the atv2 once) and reopen it, the old mappings are still being used, i.e. my custom xml file isn't being recognized.

For good measure or in case it helps anyone else, here is my custom joystick.AppleRemote.xml: http://pastebin.com/zGTtRARL

To be perfectly honest the first time I dropped the xml file into the userdata/keymaps/ directory i was logged in as root (I didn't realize). I performed the chmod command that was explained a few posts after the above quoted one and redid the whole process and it still didn't work. Any help you could offer to me would be greatly appreciated and thank you for all the info so far.

- dazex - 2011-09-16

Sounds like you're doing everything correctly.

Your xbmc.log file will tell use if your custom remote.xml is being loaded.

Pastebin the log. It can be found here: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/

Also, keep in mind that long hold left and right does not work with the ATV2.

- dazex - 2011-09-16

@n1ng,
There's a couple of buttons that are in conflict if you have the BTStack installed. Specifically, the SMFramework. The conflict was resolved at one time, but newer versions of the SMFramework brought the conflict back.

I forget the two buttons, but fastforward was one of them. If you have SMFramework installed, (it installs as a part of BTStack), then XBMC will crash to LowTide when pressed.

- seth.feinberg - 2011-09-16

dazex Wrote:Sounds like you're doing everything correctly.

Your xbmc.log file will tell use if your custom remote.xml is being loaded.

Pastebin the log. It can be found here: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/

Also, keep in mind that long hold left and right does not work with the ATV2.

Of course, I should've included it at the get go: http://pastebin.com/5iDMBjWJ

I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what to look for in there. I realize that the hold left and right don't work, I'm pretty sure any references to them in there are what was already in there from the sample included with xbmc. I figured leaving them in wouldn't do any harm. I changed the shutdown to holding the select/center button instead of the menu button, but it continues to shut down with a hold of the menu. Also the change of up (plus) and down (minus) to bigstepforward and smallstepback aren't implemented either.