Kodi Community Forum
Thank you gollumscave for the XBMC Beginners Guide PDF! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Thank you gollumscave for the XBMC Beginners Guide PDF! (/showthread.php?tid=91395)

Thank you gollumscave for the XBMC Beginners Guide PDF! - Jay_M - 2011-01-21

I am starting this thread to show support for gollumscave, without cluttering up the other thread. I think that thread should be reserved for comments specifically about the content of the Guide.

Thank you gollumscave for undertaking the enormous task of putting together a Beginners Guide. I would like to offer help where I can and will when it seems appropriate, however there are many others who are more knowledgeable than I am and I will let them take the lead.

Till then I will wait patiently for your final product. I also encourage everyone else who wants to simply give some support for gollumscave to post here!

- natethomas - 2011-01-21

At the risk of sounding like a person who hasn't bothered to read the linked beginner's guide (which is exactly what I am), how does it differ from the official Quick Start Guide?

- Chris! - 2011-01-21

Yea, is pretty much the same thing but more screen prints, arranged a bit differently and in a pdf.
After a quick scan through, I reckon it's a good guide - I much prefer the layout. Each to their own tho.
Though more ways of accessing xbmc information surely isn't a bad thing.

- Jay_M - 2011-01-21

IMHO, It (will) go into much more depth of explaining the basic features and use of XBMC, not just how to set it up. More of a manual for people who do not want to or can't "play" with the software to figure it out.

- ashlar - 2011-01-23

natethomas Wrote:At the risk of sounding like a person who hasn't bothered to read the linked beginner's guide (which is exactly what I am), how does it differ from the official Quick Start Guide?
I'm in the same condition (not read anything) but even a simple PDF organizing wiki contents for print could come in handy for a newbie.

- gollumscave - 2011-08-31

Hi guys... I never saw this thread before.. just stumbled upon it...

As you probably have noticed no more updates on the thread. It's a little dead. I got a new job in a related field, and haven't got time to start working on it. However... It's not completely dead.
I will start again from scratch as soon as Eden is released. Have to do that for the company I work for as well, so will be able to invest more time in it.

Thanks for the effort to stick a feather up in my ass though....
it kinda tickles....

- crash123 - 2011-09-01

Wanna release the source .doc then? :p

- Ned Scott - 2011-09-01

I'd love to work some of this back into the wiki to improve our own quick start guide. Everything on the XBMC Wiki is CC BY-SA 3.0. Would it be okay if we used your guide's text under that license?