Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2] MySQL database / library support? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2] MySQL database / library support? (/showthread.php?tid=91485)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- Furby8704 - 2011-02-22

hey there guys,

I checked my log and I keep getting "ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, no <advancedsettings> node"

any help will be appreciated. Heres my xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.140</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.140</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_music</name>
    </musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
            <to>smb://192.168.1.140/XBMC/Thumbnails/</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

- Memphiz - 2011-02-22

did you put the advancedsettings.xml under /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata Huh

- Furby8704 - 2011-02-22

i figured it out guys. text edit on mac didnt save the file in the correct format although it was an xml file. i re did it on a windows and saved it with utf-8 setting. no errors now. now im having trouble updating library to keep all xbmc synched but ill keep tinkering around and see what i find =]

- panaman - 2011-02-22

I just got my AppleTV yesterday... i hackd it, loaded xbmc, did the path substitution and my mysql settings. All my movie art is there and all the info. but for some reason the check marks aren't by the movies and tv episodes that i've watched already....

- Senaxx - 2011-02-22

panaman Wrote:I just got my AppleTV yesterday... i hackd it, loaded xbmc, did the path substitution and my mysql settings. All my movie art is there and all the info. but for some reason the check marks aren't by the movies and tv episodes that i've watched already....

If i'm right... the info for marking a movie isn't saved in the SQL..

- joshua.lyon - 2011-02-22

Senaxx Wrote:If i'm right... the info for marking a movie isn't saved in the SQL..

The watched flag is stored in the database and it works on my MySQL setup...

I might be wrong, but I believe it's stored as "playCount" in the files table... You can easily view the playCount for a movie by using the "movieview" view.

- Senaxx - 2011-02-22

joshua.lyon Wrote:The watched flag is stored in the database and it works on my MySQL setup...

I might be wrong, but I believe it's stored as "playCount" in the files table... You can easily view the playCount for a movie by using the "movieview" view.

So if i'm right, if watched movie "playCount" >0 then it's marked as watched?

- Memphiz - 2011-02-22

the option for displaying this play marks must be turned on in the settings ... please double check this (don't remember where it was - you will find it Smile )

- transcender - 2011-02-22

watched status is playcount in NFOs and tracked in the database. rescraping a library will not recapture this status and you'd have to manually push this back into the dbase if you wanted to retain this data.
like memphiz i believe there is a setting or was, i dont recall seeing it in a while maybe old but there definitely was one before at least.
I wrote a VBS for this exact reason when going through so many builds back on xbox days that friend and I used.
I recently ported to use MySQL and now pushes updates to tagline,plot, overview, imdb rating/votes as well, since that stuff doesnt exactly rescrape w/o manually removing /readding to library.

- one800higgins - 2011-02-23

Since I'm working on two main XBMC setups right now, I decided to dive in to the MySQL thing and set this up. I pre-scraped all my data, built the database and everything seemed to work smoothly. My main PC doesn't have XBMC installed currently, but it houses all my media and my MySQL setup. My other PCs SMB into it.

So I fired up XBMC on my HTPC and filled out those databases. Again, everything smooth so far. I was watching the progress to check for hiccups with MySQL Workbench.

I added a second PC. A small hiccup happened here, where it snagged all the info except for TV show banners (but it grabbed the fan art and episode art with no problem). Aside from that, smooth sailing.

I go back to my HTPC and start to play around with various settings. I took everything back to default before starting this MySQL venture. I figured it was time to restart so all my setups are identical. My HTPC then starts adding the TV shows to the library again, on top of the TV shows that are already in my library. It's adding them as new entries too, so the database is growing.

I stopped it and fiddle around with settings and it started doing it again. So I went back to the second PC to see if it had this issue too. Fired up XBMC and sure enough, starts scanning and re-adding the files to the library.

Anyone know what I may have done wrong? I checked my log and there's no errors or warnings or anything. Also, it appears to only happen with my TV shows... Unless the TV shows are just higher up on the list than the movies for whatever reason. I always stop it before it gets far into it.

- BDPNA - 2011-02-23

Am I correct to assume that right now if I am using the latest XBMC iOS with other XBMC installs on the same network and MySQL, and they are using the nightly builds, that the iOS XBMC will not be compatible with the DB?

So far I've found that every XBMC install has to be on the post-Dharma builds to read the DB once one goes that way, so I assume the iOS version won't be SQL compatible with my DB until a future version using the new code?

BDPNA Wrote:Am I correct to assume that right now if I am using the latest XBMC iOS with other XBMC installs on the same network and MySQL, and they are using the nightly builds, that the iOS XBMC will not be compatible with the DB?

So far I've found that every XBMC install has to be on the post-Dharma builds to read the DB once one goes that way, so I assume the iOS version won't be SQL compatible with my DB until a future version using the new code?

I haven't tested it on my ATV yet, but I believe you are incorrect. I'm pretty positive that it's perfectly compatible. Otherwise this thread wouldn't be so popular.

I have a question about this whole remote thumbs setup. Since you need to remote the thumbs from an XBMC folder, is it safe to assume that you all use a main XBMC build, perhaps on the same PC as your MySQL server? I'm starting to wonder if I should set up a master XBMC on my server PC which will get all the updates as new files are added and will scrape all the data which will then be relayed to the other PCs.

- matbor - 2011-02-23

one800higgins Wrote:I have a question about this whole remote thumbs setup. Since you need to remote the thumbs from an XBMC folder, is it safe to assume that you all use a main XBMC build, perhaps on the same PC as your MySQL server? I'm starting to wonder if I should set up a master XBMC on my server PC which will get all the updates as new files are added and will scrape all the data which will then be relayed to the other PCs.

That's how I have set mine up.

My windows file server run's MYSQL and XBMC and updates the database and thumbs. Then I have an original ATV1 and a new ATV2 that both connect to it.

- BDPNA - 2011-02-23

one800higgins Wrote:I haven't tested it on my ATV yet, but I believe you are incorrect. I'm pretty positive that it's perfectly compatible. Otherwise this thread wouldn't be so popular.

I confirm this works when using official Dharma 10.0 with iOS XBMC builds, but what I am saying is I don't think iOS XBMC works once you start using the nightly post-Dharma builds on your other machines.

That's what I am trying to find out here, if anyone else is using nightly post-Dharma builds successfully with SQL alongside the iOS build.