Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2] Will Netflix still work on a jailbreaked Apple TV 2? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: [AppleTV2] Will Netflix still work on a jailbreaked Apple TV 2? (/showthread.php?tid=91488)

Pages: 1 2

[AppleTV2] Will Netflix still work on a jailbreaked Apple TV 2? - BenInCOSprings - 2011-01-22

Will NetFlix run on an AppleTV2 after it has been jailbroken?

- bam099 - 2011-01-22

Yes. It will still work fine with netflix.

- fekker - 2011-01-28

In theory, you should also be able to use the netflix addon xbmcflicks to manage the queue, add items, search, dvd rental, etc.. I don't have one to try it with yet, but once your past the auth it should work.

if someone wanted to test that, install the plugin on windows/osx and link it, then install it onto atv2 and copy the userinfo.txt file from the addon-data folder for xbmcflicks to the atv2, that should allow the auth to work and queue management. If it does, i could disable the link writing parts (used for playback on windows /osx) and it could be used to search, browse and add to instant queue as well as add items to the dvd queue..

just an idea Big Grin I doubt they have the player exposed enough that I can feed it the id like it's done on windows/osx.

- keith - 2011-01-28

Sounds cool but probably should hold off making any plugin changes or doing serious testing until atv2 gets remerged to mainline and the codes a little more stable.

- reggiesfriend - 2011-02-01

yes netflix will work on the jailbroken atv2 (i've tried it)

sidenote: so does netflix hate atv2 and vice versa? i signed up for netflix yesterday and it will show you a bunch of devices that work with netflix but doesn't list apple tv... strange? and i mean everything under the sun was on the list except apple.

also when you use the netflix menu from atv2 you have to enter your username and password EVERY FREAKIN TIME!... which is a bitch on this tiny remote. And if you want to go back to the main atv2 menu you have to logout... strange?

i imagine apple wants you to be too lazy to do this everytime and just pay the 99 cents to rent or buy they're stuff, and maybe netflix realizes this, (not sure, just speculating)

ANYWHOO, it'd be really awesome if there was a way to rig the atv2 to save the username and password, any ideas?

- dazex - 2011-02-02

reggiesfriend Wrote:yes netflix will work on the jailbroken atv2 (i've tried it)

sidenote: so does netflix hate atv2 and vice versa? i signed up for netflix yesterday and it will show you a bunch of devices that work with netflix but doesn't list apple tv... strange? and i mean everything under the sun was on the list except apple.

also when you use the netflix menu from atv2 you have to enter your username and password EVERY FREAKIN TIME!... which is a bitch on this tiny remote. And if you want to go back to the main atv2 menu you have to logout... strange?

i imagine apple wants you to be too lazy to do this everytime and just pay the 99 cents to rent or buy they're stuff, and maybe netflix realizes this, (not sure, just speculating)

ANYWHOO, it'd be really awesome if there was a way to rig the atv2 to save the username and password, any ideas?

I think AppleTV is not listed because Netflix didn't create the GUI for it. Apple supplied the Netflix GUI and connectivity.

Secondly, you should only need to enter your Netflix username and password once. It saves it indefinitely, even across reboot or power loss of the ATV2. So I am not sure why yours is behaving differently than the Netflix I've used on 3 different ATV2 boxes. So you may need to look into that.

There's really nothing special you need to do other than enter your username/password once.

- chad473 - 2011-02-02

netflix user/pass was a once and done for me too. I'd suggest maybe a restore?

- reggiesfriend - 2011-02-05

dazex Wrote:I think AppleTV is not listed because Netflix didn't create the GUI for it. Apple supplied the Netflix GUI and connectivity.

Secondly, you should only need to enter your Netflix username and password once. It saves it indefinitely, even across reboot or power loss of the ATV2. So I am not sure why yours is behaving differently than the Netflix I've used on 3 different ATV2 boxes. So you may need to look into that.

There's really nothing special you need to do other than enter your username/password once.

good call worked great! thanks

- hagfish16 - 2011-02-06

This may be a complete coincidence but anyone else noticing considerably more netflix buffer/pause/loss of sound since installing jb/xbmc?

- tdhz77 - 2011-02-13

fekker Wrote:In theory, you should also be able to use the netflix addon xbmcflicks to manage the queue, add items, search, dvd rental, etc.. I don't have one to try it with yet, but once your past the auth it should work.

if someone wanted to test that, install the plugin on windows/osx and link it, then install it onto atv2 and copy the userinfo.txt file from the addon-data folder for xbmcflicks to the atv2, that should allow the auth to work and queue management. If it does, i could disable the link writing parts (used for playback on windows /osx) and it could be used to search, browse and add to instant queue as well as add items to the dvd queue..

just an idea Big Grin I doubt they have the player exposed enough that I can feed it the id like it's done on windows/osx.

Yes it works. Thanks.JB (GreenPois0n w/ NitroTV + XBMC) on APPLETV2. It's so beautiful.

- Ned Scott - 2011-02-14

I guess the trick now would be to find a way to launch the ATV2 netflix client from within XBMC. Oh my that would be nice.

- Ned Scott - 2011-02-18

Just to throw it out there, on the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
Code:
nflx://
is used on the Netflix website to launch video to the Netflix app. The full "url" probably works very differently than in the existing XBMC Netflix plug-in, but I'm betting it is more than possible to make it launch the official iOS app from XBMC. Not sure if it would work on ATV2, but it would work on the other iOS devices.

- vmgp - 2011-02-18

Is there any way or trick I can use to play netflix and xbmc movies outside US? I am using an Apple TV 2g and it works great with the jailbreak and xbmc but I canĀ“t see a lot of channels.
Thank you.

- coolbeanscurrie - 2011-02-23

fekker Wrote:In theory, you should also be able to use the netflix addon xbmcflicks to manage the queue, add items, search, dvd rental, etc.. I don't have one to try it with yet, but once your past the auth it should work.

Hi fekker,

I:
1. Installed the xbmcflicks plugin onto my Vista machine, linked it, and xbmc accesses my netflix account fine.
2. I grabbed userinfo.txt from C:\Users\[MyUserID]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\
3. SSH'd into my ATV2 using WinSCP.
4. Copied userinfo.txt to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks
5. Restarted ATV2.

Also, I'm in Canada, and I chose that setting in the add-on settings.

Assuming I placed userinfo.txt in the right place, I get a 'script error plugin.video.xbmcflicks' if I recall correctly. Here's the section of the log (how do I attach files on here?):

18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 NOTICE: root folder: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks
18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 NOTICE: working folder: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/
18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 NOTICE: links folder: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/links
18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 NOTICE: real link path: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/links
18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 NOTICE: resource folder: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources
18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 NOTICE: lib folder: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources/lib
18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 NOTICE: userinfo folder: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/
18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/playercorefactory.xml')
18:17:06 T:171540480 M:126697472 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/default.py", line 26, in <module>
import resources.lib.menu as menu
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources/lib/menu.py", line 524, in <module>
getNewToWatchInstantCATopX("0")
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources/lib/iqueue.py", line 1360, in getNewToWatchInstantCATopX
initApp()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources/lib/iqueue.py", line 1276, in initApp
checkplayercore()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources/lib/iqueue.py", line 119, in checkplayercore
f = open(checkFile,'r+')
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/playercorefactory.xml')
18:17:06 T:146870272 M:126529536 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=50
18:17:06 T:146870272 M:126529536 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=50) failed
18:17:06 T:146870272 M:126525440 WARNING: GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 6
18:18:15 T:146870272 M:128266240 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
18:18:15 T:146870272 M:128266240 NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections

- vtwin0001 - 2011-04-19

OK. maybe I'm a retard, but I cannot find anywhere how to configure netflix on xbmc in my appletv2

I want to use netflix in xbmc using my appletv2 (yes, I know that apple tv 2 is netflix ready, but I do care about GUIs and sincerly I want to test xbmcflix better).

So far, I just did the configuration of the plugin, and marked as OSX = Yes.

PLEASE HEEEEELP