Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-03-16

janumix Wrote:Dushmaniac - thanks for new build - a lot of work has been done - thanks again.

Just want to report things:
1. EPG offset (add-on properties) do not work i.e. timeline starts from 20:00 (left side of screen) whether current time is 21:00 - no matter what offset is set up.
2. looks like there are some problems with correctneyss of date/times when manuall scheduling recodings - ie. program should start 15.03.2011 23:35 but xbmc/tvheadend stores 16.03.2011 01:00.

Regards
Janusz

dushmaniac Wrote:1) that's the EPG linger time. was a GUISetting before but it's been moved to AdvancedSettings.
2) could you post an xbmc debug log and tvheadend debug log (the output when you start tvheadend from the console with -d) with the "addDvrEntry" event logged.

ad1. I have a same problem, epg timeline starts 1h sooner than current time. what to set in advanced settings? thanks

- janumix - 2011-03-17

dushmaniac Wrote:1) that's the EPG linger time. was a GUISetting before but it's been moved to AdvancedSettings.
2) could you post an xbmc debug log and tvheadend debug log (the output when you start tvheadend from the console with -d) with the "addDvrEntry" event logged.

HI

Here is xbmc.log
and
tvheadend.log
and
DVR file

I did:
1. manually add timer for A: TVP 1 - this was correct (on analog card)
2. manually add timer for 4fun.TV (16.03.2011 fm 22:50 to 23:00 CET)
3. remove timer for A: TVP 1
4. XBMC showed info: Next timer: 4fun.TV 17.03.2011 1:00 (see 2)

Please consider the fact that it was manually added and I don't know why on channel 4fun.TV tile was used (seems from EPG).

BTW cannot find addDVREntry

Regards
Janusz

- janumix - 2011-03-17

one more question - option to turn on LCD/VFD displays disapeared. Where can I find it ?

Regards
Janusz

- opdenkamp - 2011-03-17

ezechiel1917 Wrote:ad1. I have a same problem, epg timeline starts 1h sooner than current time. what to set in advanced settings? thanks
you shouldn't change that to 0 or you'll get missing epg events in the "now playing" views. that's why I moved it to advancedsettings. I'll have the timeline view start with the current time instead of the first available entry in the next build.

@janumix
there's a problem with timers in that build. I just fixed it in the dev tree. it'll be included in the next build too.

no idea what's going on with lcd screens. some change in mainline.

- janumix - 2011-03-17

dushmaniac Wrote:no idea what's going on with lcd screens. some change in mainline.

maybe it's moved to add-ons. I'll investivate it further

- martdj - 2011-03-18

@Dushmaniac I've downloaded the Windows build from your site yesterday, but I'm afraid it's far from stable. Multiple hangs when trying to change the settings etc. Is this a known issue? From the Dutch GoT thread I know I'm not the only one having this issue, but if you don't have any crashlogs so far I'll be willing to try and digg those up.

@janumix. I think that has been moved to the advancedsettings.xml during Dharma development already. Don't know why.

- opdenkamp - 2011-03-18

known issue. windows is unstable atm because of an issue with the timers. haven't looked into it yet. works fine on linux though ;-)

- XanDaph - 2011-03-18

dushmaniac Wrote:hmm the package should have done that automatically. did it when I tested it.

yeah do this:
Code:
sudo apt-get remove hts-tvheadend
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tvheadend
sudo /etc/init.d/tvheadend restart

that should replace and start the new tvheadend

Thanks! that did the trick Smile

- janumix - 2011-03-20

martdj Wrote:@janumix. I think that has been moved to the advancedsettings.xml during Dharma development already. Don't know why.

Yes, it seems so. I tried that with some of <LCD> statements but still without success... looking further ...

- grassmunk - 2011-03-20

I'm an idiot and accidentally uninstalled the TVHeadend client. How do I can I reinstall it?

- opdenkamp - 2011-03-20

open a console window and type
Code:
sudo apt-get install tvheadend

- janumix - 2011-03-20

janumix Wrote:Yes, it seems so. I tried that with some of <LCD> statements but still without success... looking further ...

Got it !
<haslcd>true</haslcd> in guisettins.xml

Regards
Janusz

- pdontcheff - 2011-03-21

When startup window is set to "TV", a warning is pop-up "No PVR Clients available. Please check ...". But Live TV is working.
Another problem is impossible to rearrange the channels.

P.S.
Sorry for my bad english.

- opdenkamp - 2011-03-21

@pdontcheff:
it could take a few seconds before you can access the pvr window. the pvrmanager is starting up in the background. the dialog message "no pvr clients available..." isn't correct yet.

channel order should work fine in the ppa build. if not, it'll work in the next build (planned for later this week)

Thanks Dush - zenman - 2011-03-21

Just taking this oportunity to thank Dush. Thanks to you I am enjoying Live Tv, it´s great experience to have all my entertainment in one simple package. It has been a long path to this point, had to buy a new Tv card and quit my fav skin but it was worth it. Once again thanks. Now two questions. I am able to record live tv using timers, but when I used the rec button ( the red dot button) it first asked me to create a folder to store the recordings. Now when I press the recording button nothing happens. What do I have to do to be able to record without using timers? another question is where are the recordings stored? I go to Recordings- HtsTvHeadend and I can see my recordings but what if I want to transfer the recorded files to another folder? Well hope this questions weren´t too confusing and you can help . Dush you´re the man. Smile