Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

- bas.t - 2011-04-24

dushmaniac Wrote:@bas.t
it's probably not a single commit that broke it. and I got an idea what might be wrong.

That's great news. Until you are done correcting it I prefer the 'no lockups' build I'm using right now.
Sadly I don't have the skills to assist you.

Keep up the good works!

Bas.

- bas.t - 2011-04-24

When I start xbmc within gdb and want to type
Code:
ctrl+z (or ctrl+c)
thread apply all bt

should I not first get focus on the terminal I started gdb in?

And how should I do that, alt+tab does not work, unless in 'windowed mode', which I don't prefer.

- zoot149 - 2011-04-25

kdevane Wrote:Just updated to the latest PVR copy xbmc and tvheadend from PPA this evening.

The server running tvheadend has a dual DVB-S2 tuner.

If i have tvheadend recording a program and try to access another channel from the Live TV menu xbmc just quits and restarts, this is from the log just as i select the second channel to when xbmc restarts.

http://pastebin.com/dYTSpQ0c

The problem doesn't happen when i select a channel from the vidoe menu where I have a source setup using htsp://xx.xx.xx.xx:9982/

Didn't have this problem up till i did the update this evening.

Also have this issue which I see is now on trac.

One other thing I am struggling with is UK BBC channels. Two kids channels only broadcast 7am-7pm. These are replaced by two other channels after 7pm. If I scan during the day I get the kids channels but not the other...and vice versa. is there a way to scan and add channels? Or should I be doing something manually behind the scenes, and if so, where?

Thanks.

Zoot149

- fl0PPsy - 2011-04-25

If there are any TVHeadend users here from Perth Western Australia then you might have found that TVheadend doesnt automatically find "West TV" the community broadcast station. After a bit of research I found the settings so you can added the multiplex yourself. Just use the following settings:-

Freq: 557500 Khz
Bandwidth: 7MHz
All the other settings can be set to auto.

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-25

@danz0l
yeah indeed. the deadlock problem has been solved by the way. fixing and cleaning up channel group updates now. will send a new build to the ppa later today.

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-25

meh, I was responding to a cached page it seems, as there are more posts now Smile

@bas.t
the problem should be solved now.

@zoot149
do you mean that another channel is broadcast on the same service on the network? by service I mean an entry in the services tab in the tvheadend web interface. does the name get replaced there by another one during the evening hours? or does 1 just stop broadcasting and another one starts?

- tlanfer - 2011-04-25

For a couple of weeks im having issues with tvheadend-pvr-stuff. To be exactly, im having those issues since the day we changed to daylight savings time. The issue is that the epg information are off by one hour. So for example if a movie starts at 12:45, the tvheadend-plugin says it starts at 11:45.
Both the clocks of my xbmc-box and of the tvheadend-server are set to the current time using ntp. According to the webinterface of tvheadend the epg information are correct and if i schedule a recording, it starts right on time.
Any ideas? Propably a small bug, i guess.

Thanks in advance,
Thorsten

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-25

check these:
- are you using the latest xbmc and tvheadend from my sig?
- are your system timezone settings correct? "sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata" to check. if not, correct it and reboot.
- are your timezone settings in xbmc correct? system -> appearance -> international. if not, correct it and reset your epg database.
- if everything was set up correctly, reset the epg database and pass me the debug log please.

- danips - 2011-04-25

Hello,
I am getting Segmentation faults everytime I try to "Reset the PVR database". Confused

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-25

@danips:
create a ticket on trac and attach a crashlog please.

Dropping frames - pdontcheff - 2011-04-25

I notice that during prolonged viewing, call the OSD causes a dropping frames. It happens on Live TV and when watching a movie. It happens sometimes even with the increase / decrease the volume.

- tlanfer - 2011-04-25

dushmaniac Wrote:check these:
- are you using the latest xbmc and tvheadend from my sig?
- are your system timezone settings correct? "sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata" to check. if not, correct it and reboot.
- are your timezone settings in xbmc correct? system -> appearance -> international. if not, correct it and reset your epg database.
- if everything was set up correctly, reset the epg database and pass me the debug log please.

- Im running Archlinux on all of my machines, so no prebuild packages. Last build i did was a couple of weeks ago, so right now i am creating an up-to-date package from your master branch, although i think i should probably switch to the pvr-ppa-branch for future builds, right?

- OS-wise the time is correct (ntp) and set to timezone Europe/Berlin across all my machines. Within xmbc i set the region to Central Europe, timezone country to Germany an the timezone to Europe/Berlin

Once i get a current build to finish, ill report back wether or not anything changes.

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-25

always use pvr-ppa indeed. the master branch is for development. I'll update the sticky in the pvr section because it's still pointing to dharma-pvr

in the latest pvr revisions, the pvr interface will always use utc times and xbmc will convert them to local time when displaying it in the ui. so you're probably using outdated binaries or one of your settings is incorrect.

- tlanfer - 2011-04-25

Sounds good. Now i just need to get it to compile Smile
(Unfortunately) In Archlinux /usr/bin/python points to python3, so its not that easy to build Smile

- decaturguy - 2011-04-25

tlanfer Wrote:Sounds good. Now i just need to get it to compile Smile
(Unfortunately) In Archlinux /usr/bin/python points to python3, so its not that easy to build Smile

Just use the PKGUILD from xbmc-git in AUR, Download link: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xbmc-git/xbmc-git.tar.gz

Edit PKGBUILD
_commit=4063c1e61f664ec08da4
pkgver=20110425
_gitroot="git://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc.git"

Remove this lines from PKGBUILD
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pil
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pysqlite

save and run makepkg