Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

- jbernardo - 2011-09-01

dushmaniac Wrote:it's been fixed already. I'll push a new build later today containing the fix

Did you push only for i386? I made the mistake of installing x86_64 ubuntu on mine, and haven't had any update in the last week at least.

- martdj - 2011-09-02

The last update indeed fixed the Addon problem. Thanks!

EPG Grabber OTA North America - beschmid - 2011-09-03

Guys, it has been mentioned in this thread how some people have tried to setup a grabber. But I haven't seen a definite solution. I have OTA and have tried using the DirecTV grabber for North America but it isn't populating. First...

Is the DirecTV the best option? If it works I guess it would be...

I issued the command...

# /usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dtv --configure

and entered my location settings, then right after Zip Code it gives...

"Select the channels that you want to receive data for."

and then goes back to prompt. So, I do have a different "User" entered into my "Access Control" called "DVR". I have NOT added another User in XBMC Live called DVR. Should I have setup TVheadend to use the same username as XBMC Live?

I am lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get my EPG working. Thanks.

- LeeG - 2011-09-03

Dunno if it will help but have you tried following these instructions? http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=773690&postcount=373

wow - kojote - 2011-09-03

hi

last update is great

thx dushmaniac

very nice

kojote

- mason - 2011-09-03

someone else have problems accessing the new ppa server dushmaniac posted? can't access http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ubuntu (maybe they can't handle the load?)

have to stop playback when switching from Radio to TV - Kjetil N - 2011-09-04

Hi.

First I want to thank you Dushmaniac, thanks to your great work I've finally gave away my dm800 PVR.

This has probably been noted, but lately I have to stop the tv stream when switching to Radio and vice versa.

Cheers.

Kjetil

- behaviour - 2011-09-07

Before I open these as new issues I just wanted to check if anybody else has experienced the following issues and has cured them...

1 - When switching to a channel for the first time in XBMC I am finding it is defaulting to the 2nd Audio track (usually has narration on it). I switch it back the 1st audio track and set as default for all movies. It doesn't actually set it for the other channels but does remember it for that single channel. If I reset the PVR database (or remove TV16.db & Epg5.db) then it defaults back to the 2nd audio track again.

2 - I have XBMC running on my server which is on 24/7. Overnight it seems to jumble some of the EPG allocation. Every morning I find the same 2 or 3 channels are now showing listings from other channels. Restarting XBMC or removing the DB files cures it, but it's annoying. I have also found this on my main XBMC machine that I put into standby overnight (same channels show the issue)

- beschmid - 2011-09-08

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and nothing different. It is funny, when I run...

# tv_grab_na_dtv --configure

I can go through the setup until I enter the zip code, I enter my zip code, and then get

"Select the channels that you want to receive data for."

and then it goes right back to the prompt. Shouldn't it continue with setup to select which channels I want to receive data from?

- Kjetil N - 2011-09-08

behaviour Wrote:Before I open these as new issues I just wanted to check if anybody else has experienced the following issues and has cured them...

1 - When switching to a channel for the first time in XBMC I am finding it is defaulting to the 2nd Audio track (usually has narration on it). I switch it back the 1st audio track and set as default for all movies. It doesn't actually set it for the other channels but does remember it for that single channel. If I reset the PVR database (or remove TV16.db & Epg5.db) then it defaults back to the 2nd audio track again.

2 - I have XBMC running on my server which is on 24/7. Overnight it seems to jumble some of the EPG allocation. Every morning I find the same 2 or 3 channels are now showing listings from other channels. Restarting XBMC or removing the DB files cures it, but it's annoying. I have also found this on my main XBMC machine that I put into standby overnight (same channels show the issue)

behaviour,

I've noticed exatly the same, also some of the subtitle default to 2/2 instead of 1/2.

Cheers

Kjetil

- dubstar_04 - 2011-09-09

does setting timers work in the tvheadend addon?

i am testing the myth addon and it segfaults when i try to set a timer and i cant figure out why.

- bas.t - 2011-09-10

dubstar_04 Wrote:does setting timers work in the tvheadend addon?

It does.

- jenkins - 2011-09-11

Hi

Some times when i start playing a move xbmc crashes.
I here sound but no picture and i cant stop playback...
no strange things in the logs, it thinks it´s playing fine...

it always happen after i have watched livetv for awhile...

Any one else sen this?

EPG Grabber OTA North America using tv_grab_na_dtv - beschmid - 2011-09-12

Okay, I tried the suggestion below and it didn't work.

LeeG Wrote:Dunno if it will help but have you tried following these instructions? http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=773690&postcount=373

When I run

# tv_grab_na_dtv --configure

It asks me to "Select the channels that you want to receive data for." But immediately after sends me to the prompt with the chance to add channels. What the....!?

#1 Anyone know if the DirecTV grabber is the right choice to use for OTA local channels?

#2 Anyone know of other options to add an EPG for OTA channels?

This is the result of "Save Configuration" in TVheadend which runs tv_grab_na_dtv.

"xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dtv: Parsing completed. XML contained 0 channels, 0 events, 0 new events injected in EPG"

I don't want to clutter this thread so if anyone has any thoughts on that don't hesitate to tell me to go elsewhere. Thanks.

- pdontcheff - 2011-09-18

In the latest builds does not work the volume up with plus button on the keyboard. But works shift+plus.