Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

- cAizer - 2011-09-20

Cant get XBMC to start after updating to the Pulse-Eight XBMC-PVR build from the old PVR by Lars Op den Kamp.
Nothing happends when i press the XBMC icon. Any sugestions?
Running Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit & Nvidia 280.13 and the only version that works now is "ppa:team-xbmc/unstable" not even the old Lars Op den Kamp PVR starts.

- mmalfett - 2011-09-22

Which installation do I use Ubunto, xbox pdr, or live if I am loading on a atv2 with xbmcHuh

- martdj - 2011-09-24

I tend to put my HTPC on standby in the evening, so I basically never restart XBMC. My EPG only updates when XBMC starts, so after two days I have no EPG. Any tips to automatically update the EPG without restarting XBMC?

- solem - 2011-09-27

Is there any way to combine dushmaniac's PVR version with akezeke's Spotify version? I'd really like to have both Nod

- otcho - 2011-09-30

I've got TVHeadend and XBMC on the same machine (XBMCLive). What IP do I have to set in order to make it work? When I try to watch Live-TV, the message says "No PVR clients have been started yet..."

That's what the debug-log says (over and over again)
Code:
17:46:55 T:110586736 M:3001561088   ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
                                            Query: SELECT id FROM pvrenabled WHERE addonID = 'pvr.hts' LIMIT 1
17:46:55 T:110586736 M:3001561088   ERROR: GetSingleValue - failed to get value 'id' from table 'pvrenabled'

- bas.t - 2011-09-30

otcho Wrote:I've got TVHeadend and XBMC on the same machine (XBMCLive). What IP do I have to set in order to make it work? When I try to watch Live-TV, the message says "No PVR clients have been started yet..."

Afaik you should use the external ip of your machine. But you can try the loopback interface first. (127.0.0.1)
Check that you have enabled tvheadend as a pvr client before assigning an ip.

- otcho - 2011-10-01

No chance. Doesn't work either.
There is nothing wrong with TVHeadend itself I guess, because I can watch Live-TV when I add the server to my videos via htsp-stream.

- bas.t - 2011-10-01

So you can watch live tv via htsp stream. That means you already know wich ip address you have to use (and if needed: password) to configure the tvheadend pvr within xbmc.

- otcho - 2011-10-01

That's correct. But I can't get the TVHeadend Client within XBMC to work.

- bas.t - 2011-10-01

otcho Wrote:That's correct. But I can't get the TVHeadend Client within XBMC to work.

did you configure AND enable it?

If you did this, and still cannot connect, please give the config which you use to whatch live tv as well as the content of .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts/settings.xml

- otcho - 2011-10-01

Thanks for the advice. Here's my settings.xml

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="connect_timeout" value="30" />
    <setting id="host" value="127.0.0.1" />
    <setting id="htsp_port" value="9982" />
    <setting id="http_port" value="9981" />
    <setting id="pass" value="" />
    <setting id="response_timeout" value="1" />
    <setting id="user" value="" />
</settings>

In regard to the TVHeadend Add-On: When I press 'Enable' nothing seems to happen. The button label doesn't change to 'Disable' for example. Is this the correct behavior?

- bas.t - 2011-10-02

otcho Wrote:In regard to the TVHeadend Add-On: When I press 'Enable' nothing seems to happen. The button label doesn't change to 'Disable' for example. Is this the correct behavior?

No it is not correct. Sounds like a bug to me. Which version of xbmc are you running? Did you do a clean install (remove the .xbmc folder). Are you on linux or windows? Do you use a non-default skin?

- otcho - 2011-10-02

Here's what I did:

I just ran the commands from page one in my XBMCLive Installation (Pre-Eden). Before, the compile date was 25th september and now it's 1st august I think. So I did not do a clean install, because I couldn't find an ISO.

And I use Confluence.

- bas.t - 2011-10-02

In that case I advise you to remove (or rename) your .xbmc folder in your home directory and configure it from scratch.

Also, do not forget to do:
Code:
sudo apt-get install xbmc-live

After this you should be fine, since you already have a working tvheadend installed.

- otcho - 2011-10-02

Thank you very much! Now I can use the add-on!