[Linux] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [Linux] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)
- bas.t - 2011-02-04 13:57
@dushmaniac: Hi, I did:
What is wrong?
- opdenkamp - 2011-02-04 14:02
read the git manual/howto for more info.
- janumix - 2011-02-04 14:32
Could you explain what's wrong with EPG and recordings:
1. trying to add timer from Timeline causes "random" program to be recorded - different date/time/channel I was choosen. Syslog shows the same "random" information scheduled by tvheadend to record. Recording from tvheadend's DVR queues correctly. Looks like communication problems: addon - tvheadend - epg.
2. trying to add manualy timer - Server error massage appears - log:
PS. Any update on buggy EPG ? XBMC crush on some EPG updates - problems with SQL update on DB.
- opdenkamp - 2011-02-04 14:40
1) no idea. works fine here using the same version of xbmc. try updating your tvheadend to v2.12 (svn rev. 5683)
2) probably the same cause as 1
3) the pvr functionality in the Dharma tree won't be updated anymore. development happens in the master branch now (which is for development only). so, quick answer: please be patient
- janumix - 2011-02-04 19:34
1,2) hmm... both are latest from your PPA. Is there a way to debug it ?
3) OK - I'll be waiting
Wrong channel logos - whoareyou - 2011-02-04 22:24
I have I strange problem with mixed up of logos (svt1 and svt2)
HTS Tvheadend 2.12 and Prebuild Windows setup of XBMC Dharma final r35648 v2 (git PVR build).
- opdenkamp - 2011-02-05 01:30
janumix Wrote:1,2) hmm... both are latest from your PPA. Is there a way to debug it ?not really and that codebase is outdated. you'll have to wait for a new release for a fix.
whoareyou Wrote:HTS Tvheadend 2.12 and Prebuild Windows setup of XBMC Dharma final r35648 v2 (git PVR build).no idea what kind of build that is. you're saying it's built from the git tree and you're providing an svn revision.
- whoareyou - 2011-02-05 09:49
dushmaniac Wrote:no idea what kind of build that is. you're saying it's built from the git tree and you're providing an svn revision.
No, wrong. The text "Windows setup of XBMC Dharma final r35648 v2 (git PVR build)" is copied from
to clarify what version I run. But it didn't clarify...
I am running the pre build version of Xbmc downloaded from that page.
Build date 23-01-2011.
- opdenkamp - 2011-02-05 11:41
ah right, that's margro's builds. those are built from the old code too and contains some changes that aren't in me tree. so can't support it, sorry.
maybe margro can help you.
- moontan77 - 2011-02-05 21:48
any plans to update your tvheadend binary (i'm using karmic)? getting crashes everyday with the official 2.12 and your version. Never had this problem with early builds of tvheadend.
this looks similar to my problem and looks like andoma fixed it a month ago
- janumix - 2011-02-06 00:14
Update for scheduling recordings scripts.
To shutdown (suspend) after recording you can do a quick trick:
1. check what system user is your tvheadend run on. In my case: hts
2. create a simple script somewhere i.e. /home/hts/shutdown.sh as follows (remember chmod u+x):
5. That's it - should work
- opdenkamp - 2011-02-06 03:56
moontan77 Wrote:any plans to update your tvheadend binary (i'm using karmic)? getting crashes everyday with the official 2.12 and your version.testing the latest revision now. when I'm confident that it's OK, I'll push new packages. might have a chat with Andoma before.
- Ruud - 2011-02-06 10:05
would be *great* if we could somehow get this information about automatic wake-up / shutdown over at the tvheadend wiki for (future) reference.
This is not the first place I would look for that information.
What do you guys think....
- ffreak - 2011-02-06 12:14
thank you , really helps me with tvheadend.
- opdenkamp - 2011-02-06 13:19
Ruud Wrote:would be *great* if we could somehow get this information about automatic wake-up / shutdown over at the tvheadend wiki for (future) reference.
so why don't you add that info there?