Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

- LeeG - 2011-12-04

eluminx Wrote:No luck, when i try to add the muxes manually nothing happens. It shows a list of 147 services but they all say unmapped.

edit: Is it normal for it to say 347 muxes?

Did you go back to the General tab and hit the "Map DVB Services to channels" button?

- NeXrom - 2011-12-04

Where can I find out which version of tvheadend is running on my system? Oo

- bas.t - 2011-12-04

NeXrom Wrote:Where can I find out which version of tvheadend is running on my system? Oo

sudo apt-show-versions -p tvheadend

- bossanova808 - 2011-12-05

Longer blog post on TvHeadEnd in a virtual machine as promised....

EPG problem - Kjetil N - 2011-12-05

Hi,

I have an issue with EPG,

This is trange because it has goten worse lately, a couple of build's back all was fine.

When I go to settings under "live tv" and clear the EPG data it loads everything and all is well for a few hours, then i start loosing the EPG a couple of channels at the time.

I've tried "clearing the database" with no sucess, deleted ./xbmc/userdata folder and set up everyhing again but no success.

I'm using the ppa from 12th november with the pulse2 build of tvheadend.

Perhaps I must flush something in the tvheadend database?

- opdenkamp - 2011-12-05

yes, the last build is a bit meh, and I haven't had time to fix these issues yet.

revert to the last binary version, and everything will be fine. the epg will be off from time to time in that build, but it won't lock up or crash.

- opdenkamp - 2011-12-05

NeXrom Wrote:Where can I find out which version of tvheadend is running on my system? Oo
you can see that in the web interface too.

- Jimmer - 2011-12-05

dushmaniac Wrote:yes, the last build is a bit meh, and I haven't had time to fix these issues yet.

revert to the last binary version, and everything will be fine. the epg will be off from time to time in that build, but it won't lock up or crash.

I'm on tsp's branch - built from the 4/12/11 commit. I'm having MASSIVE epg issues (ie up to 8 hours out on some channels). It was out by an hour or two when I used to use the on-air guide, but it's significantly worse now that I'm using a grabber (the radio times grabber in the UK to be specific). All channels are correct in mythweb, mythfrontend, etc.

Tsp tells me he thinks that this is a problem in the pvr code in general rather than in his branch in specific. He suggested that I submit a ticket to you. Do you require any specific troubleshooting steps/logs... to help nail down the problem, or is it an issue that you are aware of and have all the necessary data you require to fix?

Regards,

Jim

- opdenkamp - 2011-12-05

like I said, this is a known issue, for which I didn't have time yet.
if there's no ticket yet, feel free to create one, but I know what the issue is and how to fix it.

- Jimmer - 2011-12-05

dushmaniac Wrote:like I said, this is a known issue, for which I didn't have time yet.
if there's no ticket yet, feel free to create one, but I know what the issue is and how to fix it.

OK, that's cool. Just wondered if you wanted any help debugging, but since it's matter of getting around to it, rather than tracking it down, I'll wait for it to roll down the line.

Jim

- eluminx - 2011-12-05

LeeG Wrote:Did you go back to the General tab and hit the "Map DVB Services to channels" button?

i did and that yields no results as well.

- bas.t - 2011-12-05

eluminx Wrote:Is there anyway to make this work without the NIT-o Network ID?

No, it does not, afaik.

So you'll have to contact your provider and gather the data you need.
Usually, if asked politely, somoene will be wiiling to give you the needed info...

Pay special attention to the so called "initial mux". This, combined with the NIT-o Network ID, will usually get you up and running.

Good luck.

Bas.

PS:

Once you find the needed data, please report to andoma, so in next editions of tvheadend others users will not have the same trouble.

- eluminx - 2011-12-06

bas.t Wrote:No, it does not, afaik.

So you'll have to contact your provider and gather the data you need.
Usually, if asked politely, somoene will be wiiling to give you the needed info...

Pay special attention to the so called "initial mux". This, combined with the NIT-o Network ID, will usually get you up and running.

Good luck.

Bas.

PS:

Once you find the needed data, please report to andoma, so in next editions of tvheadend others users will not have the same trouble.

good to know thanks, i will give them a call and see if i can get that info, and most definitely if they provide me with the data i will pass that along as well. Thanks for the help.

- quiet storm iii - 2011-12-06

does this work for apple tv 2?

- Kjetil N - 2011-12-06

dushmaniac Wrote:yes, the last build is a bit meh, and I haven't had time to fix these issues yet.

Thanks Dushmaniac,
I was thinking it was something wrong with my set-up, no biggie I'll wait for the next build.
Other than the EPG issue the build is very stable.

Cheers!
Kjetil