Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- lestat1977uk - 2011-02-03

Hi All

Anyone having issues with the webui?

- danmedhurst - 2011-02-03

fanofanne Wrote:I think he is pointing out that your directions were not completely accurate (same problem with meshuga's similar directions). Thats all. I don't think he meant anything more. I had to hunt a minute looking for it.

Sorry yeah, no offence meant.. just i took a while looking for the setting.. A lot more useful if the exact menu options are given Big Grin

- danmedhurst - 2011-02-03

fanofanne Wrote:I think he is pointing out that your directions were not completely accurate (same problem with meshuga's similar directions). Thats all. I don't think he meant anything more. I had to hunt a minute looking for it.

Sorry yeah, no offence meant.. just i took a while looking for the setting.. A lot more useful if the exact menu options are given Big Grin

- keith - 2011-02-03

landwomble Wrote:How do I do this? I have another xbmc on Xbox that has correctly indexed them...

Please use the search function to find threads when you have questions. Theres an entire thread on this in the xbmc-ios subsection.

Audio Downmix Bug Report - cipher_ - 2011-02-03

- removed because of being a known issue -

- mikef - 2011-02-03

I have successfully updated to lastet version using deb package (previously I used the zip version).

After installation I went to FrontRowand selected XBMC. The screen went black for 2-3 sec and the back to FrontRow. This time there is not XBMC menu in FrontRow !

How do I get it back?

Thanx

- DuMbGuM - 2011-02-03

Just wanted to add thanks to the OP. Process worked nicely.

Testing XBMC in Appletv 2 - titous - 2011-02-03

Hello,
first of all, MANY THANKS to all of you who work hard in make the XBMC the best media center ever built! I use XBMC for 3 years now and every time I like it more. Today I have 7 machines in my house with XBMC: 2 PCs with Live 10, 2 Appletv(old) with minimal Live(upgarded to 10), 1 Appletv(old) installed in forntrow, 1 Appletv2 and 1 Ipad. I´m testing these last two and I think it will be awesome.

I´m having some problems with buffering in the appletv2 even with cable. I have a 3COM switch (1Gb) and all my media is in a computer running freenas with 4TB of data. All others XBMC run smoothly so I don´t think this is a problem with the netwoork. I tried the Wirelles form ATV2 as well and is even worse. I´m testing with an episode of The Good Wife in 720 and every 3 minutes I have a buffering message.

I have 300 movies in diferent formats and 50 tv shows with lots of episodes as well. I have also large photos and some music in many diferent formats too.

I´m willing to test all this out and I want to colaborate with all of you, testing what I can.

What do you think is the best aproach to do this? And what do you need of information to help you solve the problems of this specific build?

Best Regards,

Werther

- jd2157 - 2011-02-03

mikef Wrote:I have successfully updated to lastet version using deb package (previously I used the zip version).

After installation I went to FrontRowand selected XBMC. The screen went black for 2-3 sec and the back to FrontRow. This time there is not XBMC menu in FrontRow !

How do I get it back?

Try 'killall AppleTV' and if that doesn't work try reinstalling the .deb as per the install/update instructions at the beginning of this thread.

If it still doesn't work, try removing XBMC (see the apt-get remove instructions) then do the preinstall steps for ATV and then the install/update steps.

- keith - 2011-02-03

titous Wrote:Hello,
first of all, MANY THANKS to all of you who work hard in make the XBMC the best media center ever built! I use XBMC for 3 years now and every time I like it more. Today I have 7 machines in my house with XBMC: 2 PCs with Live 10, 2 Appletv(old) with minimal Live(upgarded to 10), 1 Appletv(old) installed in forntrow, 1 Appletv2 and 1 Ipad. I´m testing these last two and I think it will be awesome.

I´m having some problems with buffering in the appletv2 even with cable. I have a 3COM switch (1Gb) and all my media is in a computer running freenas with 4TB of data. All others XBMC run smoothly so I don´t think this is a problem with the netwoork. I tried the Wirelles form ATV2 as well and is even worse. I´m testing with an episode of The Good Wife in 720 and every 3 minutes I have a buffering message.

I have 300 movies in diferent formats and 50 tv shows with lots of episodes as well. I have also large photos and some music in many diferent formats too.

I´m willing to test all this out and I want to colaborate with all of you, testing what I can.

What do you think is the best aproach to do this? And what do you need of information to help you solve the problems of this specific build?

Best Regards,

Werther

Goto
System > Settings > Video > Files Lists and turn off Extract Thumbnails and Video Information.

And make sure your 720p content is x264 or h264-based, the xvid 720 isn't optimized yet and might not be able to.

- mikef - 2011-02-03

jd2157 Wrote:Try 'killall AppleTV' and if that doesn't work try reinstalling the .deb as per the install/update instructions at the beginning of this thread.

If it still doesn't work, try removing XBMC (see the apt-get remove instructions) then do the preinstall steps for ATV and then the install/update steps.

Thanx,

I will give a go.

First of all great work! this really is a massive improvement and definitely going in the right direction!

I just have a couple of issues

1. Firstly I just need a bit of help with the web ui though, i can get the webui page to shows but if i click on the remote tab (the main reason i am using it) i get no response.. im sure i am doing something wrong here.

2. Also anyone using mysql with XBMC on the iphone, i have added the advanced settings xml (like i have on all my other boxes) but XBMC seems to be ignoring it!

Any help you guys could offer would be really appreciated.

- Odon - 2011-02-03

For mysql, are you using Dharma on your other boxes ? or a more recent version ? Latest SVNs have a new database version number (v43) whom Dharma (v42) can't connect.

I'm Using Dharma release version.

i will upgrade them to latest svn... really should of thought of that (serves me right for setting it up at midnight), thanks so much for your help.

Anyone else have any ideas what is happening with the web remote?

- Odon - 2011-02-03

Don't ! I have'nt be clear. ATV XBMC has same database structure as Dharma.

(if it is too late, just edit the single record in table "Version" to 42 instead of 43)