Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- danmedhurst - 2011-02-07

dtviewer Wrote:Any chance that iso playback is working in 10.5?

Sorry, no idea... not a format i store in.

- root2 - 2011-02-08

root2 Wrote:Here you can get the newest Version for Apple TV 2:

https://85.31.189.247/atv2/
user:xbmc
pw:atv2
including the Git-Hub Commit 25b9870 from 07. February 2011. Thanks to all coders for their great work!

root2 Wrote:Here you can get the newest Version for iPad / iPhone4 / iPodTouch4G:

https://85.31.189.247/ios/
user:xbmc
pw:ios
including the Git-Hub Commit 25b9870 from 07. February 2011. Thanks to all coders for their great work!

- mrpeterparker - 2011-02-08

any major changes with the 02.07.11 ?

- dust - 2011-02-08

Quote:Webserver enabled
But not announced even though appletv definitely has zeroconf running. I don't know enough to make my own build and test it, but I think the Mac specific defines should define HAS_ZEROCONF if it's an arm architecture?

- davilla - 2011-02-08

dust Wrote:But not announced even though appletv definitely has zeroconf running. I don't know enough to make my own build and test it, but I think the Mac specific defines should define HAS_ZEROCONF if it's an arm architecture?

zeroconf as implemented in XBMC for OSX needs bits that are missing under iOS. It's not just a simple define HAS_ZEROCONF and compile.

- dust - 2011-02-08

Ah, and thanks for the quick reply

- magu - 2011-02-08

If you need example files with SSA subs not displaying in recent builds, please grab any recent 720p release from *** link removed ***

In 10.0 and nightlies up to and including feb 1st the subs showed up as mishandled SRT-subs, with extra characters included and ending times b0rked. Since then, nothing is drawn at all. These mkvs all work perfectly on stock XBMC on linux.

- keith - 2011-02-08

I have updated the 1st post with a new build from today. (twice, so the build w/ the subtitles linefeed/carriage return problem did get in there)

I will be continue doing unofficial builds until the need isn't there anymore. (buildbot handles everything, code is fully merged, etc)

The main reason why I'm doing this is to(hopefully) accelerate the race to get atv2 part of XBMC mainline code. Once that happens I doubt my help will be needed, but maybe by then they'll be another device to help test. Smile

Soon they will start trying to merge atv2 with dharma. At that point the code will be unstable and I hope to amass a 'few good men' to help test out builds every so often. They will most likely be less routine as they are now, depending on how much is changing. I'm not really sure. Once the consensus between the testers (aka irc users) is that its a good build, I'll post it up. I will be sure to make EVERYTHING I mark as unstable because I hope there will be much less posting of random issues and more consensus between us.

At that point, this thread will be closed/locked. I will start a new one specifically detailing the new procedures and will encourage everyone to stay with the official build who doesn't feel up to testing random, potentially broken builds.

LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SAMBA ISSUES with this build.
Specifically 'error 2' problems.

And the devs have thankless jobs. Without their dedication, hard work, no pay, etc we wouldn't have anything. So don't be a dick to them, k?

- rstockm - 2011-02-08

kudos to the devs - they made a dream come true.

I both installed the 10.0.5 and 7/2 nightly, and noticed increasing dropped frames on 1080p h264 files. 720p plays smooth, but the last builds render 1080p unwatchable.

To give you the context: a BR 1080p rip ob Avatar played quite watchable with 1 or 2 dropped frames every 20 seconds or so in not too busy scenes with the 3/2 build. Now, I'm getting dropped frames every second, so its something like a x10 decrease.

My setup hasn't changed (Airport extreme with 2TB SMB attached).
Anyone else noticed this? I will test a wired connection though to eliminate WIFI issues.

- keith - 2011-02-08

rstockm Wrote:kudos to the devs - they made a dream come true.

I both installed the 10.0.5 and 7/2 nightly, and noticed increasing dropped frames on 1080p h264 files. 720p plays smooth, but the last builds render 1080p unwatchable.

To give you the context: a BR 1080p rip ob Avatar played quite watchable with 1 or 2 dropped frames every 20 seconds or so in not too busy scenes with the 3/2 build. Now, I'm getting dropped frames every second, so its something like a x10 decrease.

Anyone else noticed this? I will test a wired connection though to eliminate WIFI issues.

I don't have anything in 1080p to try this myself, but a few things that might be helpful is xbmc.log with debugging enabled posted to pastbin and for you to run mediainfo and output res, ref frames, codec, etc. A sample file of a few hundred megs might be good too, if the problems exhibited in that small of a sample.

There's a stickied thread in this sub-forum that details log paths and much more info that would be helpful in reporting issues like this.

- ashy7 - 2011-02-08

In the still broken/missing part in post 1, it states that SMB is read-only. Write access is planned.

I have set up a R/W folder on my NAS drive, and and the R/W feature works. I have tested this with the export library function, and all the metadata was sucessfully moved onto the NAS drive.

Can I just say thanks to everyone that is involved with these nightly builds. I updated to the official v2 yesterday, but quickly came back to the nightly build as some features were not working on the official build.

- amet - 2011-02-08

ashy7 Wrote:In the still broken/missing part in post 1, it states that SMB is read-only. Write access is planned.

I have set up a R/W folder on my NAS drive, and and the R/W feature works. I have tested this with the export library function, and all the metadata was sucessfully moved onto the NAS drive.

Can I just say thanks to everyone that is involved with these nightly builds. I updated to the official v2 yesterday, but quickly came back to the nightly build as some features were not working on the official build.

SMB is read-only on Python addons

- mrpeterparker - 2011-02-08

meshuga Wrote:I have updated the 1st post with a new build from today. (twice, so the build w/ the subtitles linefeed/carriage return problem did get in there)

is the latest 02.08 stamped?

- R0MSTER - 2011-02-08

Greetings Meshuga,
First of all congratulations on updating the community with the latest and greatest AppleTV 2 fixes.. Now onto my question:

1- I have movies with embedded subtitles, the subs are detected but not displayed. They work fine on PS3 once you enable subtitles, this was the general case when subs were added on PS3, i was wondering if that is planned.
2- HD trailers from HD-Trailers.net buffer every 1 sec, i assume because they are not in H264, you can take a look at any movie with a trailer to reproduce (I am using The Carmichael skin) eg: 21, The Watchmen

Regards,

- rstockm - 2011-02-08

rstockm Wrote:kudos to the devs - they made a dream come true.

Update: everything's back to "normal". I had settings/video/playback/"Sync playback to display" activated - one shouldn't do that.
After switching off this option 1080p is quite watchable on most files. I did experience an impact of the WLAN, though - via wired connection I had significant less dropped frames. Is there a Tool for the command line (Terminal) to measure the WiFi connection quality (send rate) and actual throughput?