Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- precator - 2011-02-28

R0MSTER Wrote:Ok sound is much better, but i see a new problem now instead of buffering, the video will now slow down to like 5 fps the movie keeps playing but it's unwatchable, instead of stopping and buffering it slows down to crawl, first time i ever see this, and i am pretty sure it has to do with a change in the code, so hope that helps

Regards,

I noticed the same thing too on 1 movie. It didnt give any buffering warning but it slowed down to a crawl..

- Memphiz - 2011-02-28

I've tested it on my iPad with Headphones. Downmixing from 5.1 to stereo is fixed now! Didn't have slowdowns, but buffering as usual with 1080p material, but there was nothing done here so i didn't expect an improvement.

Great work gimli with the audio channel remapping Smile

- Chrisballuk - 2011-02-28

Just installed 27/2 release. Audio down mix is a big improvement no glitches and volume levels seem correct. One bug i have found on both atv2 and ipad is with fast forward, it is broken the sound goes into a 2 second crazy loop, multiple presses of ff does not speed it up. When u resume from fast forward the sound is out of sync for 10 seconds. Hope this helps, thanks for all ur hard work.

Edit ....I dont know if this is a fix or i am imagening it but fanart seems to load much more quickly in pm3hd skin.

- MultiMink - 2011-02-28

Downmix works correctly for me as well, finally! Big Grin

I'm noticing the different buffering technique as well - pausing used to be non-instant with a delay of about ~1sec before motion actually stopped (sound however, did stop). Now the pause is instant. But a side effect seems to be a bit more choppy skipping (10sec or 10min) than before. Haven't had any out of sync problems of note, although I never use FF or RW, only skipping.

As chrisballuk, I also seem to notice a bit faster fanart loading.. can't complain about that. Smile

However, the Recently Added Videos fix that made it into this build, doesn't work for me. The dialogs show on the frontpage, but are not populated with content, no text or images. I am using path substitution, btw.

- popcornmix - 2011-02-28

I've just updated. Watched one and a half episodes of sd xvid show, and was fine until I paused it to make a cup of tea. When I returned it had exited to menus, and on resuming, I'm getting about 1 frame/sec video (no audio).

OSD shows:
Code:
D(audio mp3, 48000 Hz 2 channels s16 128 kbps) P(aq 99% kB/s 1.48)
D(video mpeg4, yuv420p, 720x400 [PAR 1:1 DAR 9:5] P(fr 29.970, vq 0% dc-mpeg4, Mb/s 0.01, drop:18,pc:none)
C(ad: 0.000 a/v 0.000 edl:-, dcpu: 1% acpu: 1% vcpu 1%)
W(fps:22.35 cpu 15%)

Log

...more testing...

This build is not recommended for general use.
Several times it has now failed with either slow video, or kicking me back to menu (and trying to resume from here goes back to slow video).

- dazex - 2011-02-28

I saw the dev mention that the "Recently Added Videos" fix doesn't work with path substitution. That's might be why that code hasn't officially been commited to branch.

- Thewolf - 2011-02-28

This last build is a lot worse for divx/xvid files. They seem to play in extra slow motion. The latest official build they work far better

- skullmonkey - 2011-03-01

Quick question, I can save my SHSH blobs AFTER I jb? Right?

Thanks,
S@

- dazex - 2011-03-01

@skullmonkey,
Off topic, but yes. Save it before Apple release the next version since Apple is currently signing for 4.2.1.

There's a possibility the next version may drop on Wed with the iPad 2 announcement.

- skullmonkey - 2011-03-01

dazex Wrote:@skullmonkey,
Off topic, but yes. Save it before Apple release the next version since Apple is currently signing for 4.2.1.

There's a possibility the next version may drop on Wed with the iPad 2 announcement.

Thanks Big Grin
Sorry for the OT question thou Big Grin

S@

- uncola - 2011-03-01

Tested it on my atv2, 5.1 to stereo downmixing is working now on files where it previously didn't! But one of my 5.1 files that didn't work before is now causing xbmc to close. Also I noticed when skipping ahead multiple times, for instance 10 minutes into a movie, the video starts playing back at about 5 fps with desynched audio, then xbmc closes.

- Thewolf - 2011-03-01

That seems to be a common problem, I have seen that happen on 4 Appletv's. For me even without skipping forward after a short while the video will start playing in super slow motion. I reverted back to a previous build as this latest build has too many issues.

- dazex - 2011-03-01

Watching movie number two and so far so good. Fast Fwd, small and big skipping are all working for me without any of the slow motion some are experiencing.

I wonder what's causing the problems some are experiencing? Is it related to the audio downsampling fix?

- Thewolf - 2011-03-01

audio downsampling i have turned on and off and it makes no difference. Xvid/Divx films become very very slow after a short while. I have seen this happen on 4 Apple TV's. I have no clue why. I'm going to re jail break one and see if that helps.

- acoustique - 2011-03-01

I am facing the same issue. Thumbs / fanart loading seems to have got faster on the 27/02 build but all xvid/divx standard definition movies are running at 5-6 frames per second Confused