Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- dazex - 2011-03-01

Anyone serious in getting to the bottom of this, please provide some debug log so the devs can take a look.

I just played a xvid movie without running into the low framerate issue so we know this build is capable af least.

- amet - 2011-03-01

I will start deleting posts that "report" issues with no debug log. dont say I didnt warn you, more than half of this thread is useless crap ... "me too" or "+1"... you were warned that these builds are unstable, so if you decided to install them(which is not easy for an average user) then be a sport and post a log if its not working... thats all we ask for

- R0MSTER - 2011-03-01

amet Wrote:I will start deleting posts that "report" issues with no debug log. dont say I didnt warn you, more than half of this thread is useless crap ... "me too" or "+1"... you were warned that these builds are unstable, so if you decided to install them(which is not easy for an average user) then be a sport and post a log if its not working... thats all we ask for

Hello amet,
I did not post a log since i thought this was a known issue with the latest build 2/27, as you can see many people are reporting the slowdown to a crawl with x-vid, however i will post a log just to get the matter resolved when i leave work later today
Regards,

- Chrisballuk - 2011-03-01

Thanks romster, will also post a log if i have any new problems

- amet - 2011-03-01

my point exactly, one log reporting the low fps, and a bunch of guys confirming it, every report MUST have a log or its getting deleted.

- amet - 2011-03-01

Chrisballuk Wrote:Thanks romster i would post one myself but im not sure how to

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_for_iOS_specific_FAQ

- dazex - 2011-03-01

Yeah, ppl, we're trying to help.

You guys think the buffer issues are all the same, but it may or may not. I had helped someone in another thread regarding buffering, only to find that he tested one file...and that was a high def, 720p xvid. As most of us are aware, ATV2 currently can't handle high def xvid/divx. From his post, it seems like nothing was running without constant buffering. Not clear at all.

As the nightly are experimental. I think it's even more imperative for those who are posting in this thread to offer something towards helping to resolve the problem. Even if it's just your machine configuration, or anything out of the ordinary that you're running on your LAN. Anyone using mySQL and such should at least make us aware of that when they post they are too having issue. Perhaps we'll see a trend/pattern once enough people write helpful post.

For myself, this build is working fine. I am not saying there isn't an issue. We just need to figure out where the problem is. I am not even a dev but am finding myself already fielding too many similar questions with not enough data to truly help people out. I can't imagine how the developers are even able to juggle their work/life plus have time to work on the free XBMC development while fielding support issues.

Please don't slow them down, and as a community, let's try to figure out the root issue of this and help them help us. Debug log will help towards that for sure. Smile There has been a sticky on how to post bug reports. Do become familiar with that before threads post start to get deleted.

- ky0_sama - 2011-03-01

So does anyone know what happened to the old nightlies? I had installed the build from 2/1 a few weeks ago, but now that I've gone and re-jailbroken untethered it looks like the location of the files has changed. I downloaded and installed the latest nightly build, but all prior builds to that give me a 404 file not found error. I liked the build from 2/1 because ssa subtitles in mkvs worked. Basically, I just want to be able to watch my anime and understand what people are saying. I don't need help with ssh, I'm just wondering if the old builds are available or if they've been taken down. If anyone has the den file from 2/1 that would work too. Thanks in advance, and sorry if someone has already covered this elsewhere!

- Advocate - 2011-03-01

Just a quick note about the Wiki, it says that the ATV2 has only been verified to output 5.1 audio through the optical port but I've been watching movies and TV shows since day one with 5.1 audio through HDMI.

- dazex - 2011-03-01

ky0_sama Wrote:So does anyone know what happened to the old nightlies? I had installed the build from 2/1 a few weeks ago, but now that I've gone and re-jailbroken untethered it looks like the location of the files has changed. I downloaded and installed the latest nightly build, but all prior builds to that give me a 404 file not found error. I liked the build from 2/1 because ssa subtitles in mkvs worked. Basically, I just want to be able to watch my anime and understand what people are saying. I don't need help with ssh, I'm just wondering if the old builds are available or if they've been taken down. If anyone has the den file from 2/1 that would work too. Thanks in advance, and sorry if someone has already covered this elsewhere!

Heh, I think it was covered in this thread that the OP suffered a server crash, thus the new nightly is at a different URL.

- dazex - 2011-03-01

R0MSTER Wrote:Hello amet,
I did not post a log since i thought this was a known issue with the latest build 2/27, as you can see many people are reporting the slowdown to a crawl with x-vid, however i will post a log just to get the matter resolved when i leave work later today
Regards,

It's not a known problem unless one of the developers confirms it. Right now, I don't see the buffer issue on my ATV2 so I can't troubleshoot it myself. Help me set up my ATV2 to run into the issue so I can better help you guys.

- R0MSTER - 2011-03-01

dazex Wrote:It's not a known problem unless one of the developers confirms it. Right now, I don't see the buffer issue on my ATV2 so I can't troubleshoot it myself. Help me set up my ATV2 to run into the issue so I can better help you guys.

Dazex, i am still at work but i can probably help you the fastest way to troubleshoot. Choose any movie you have, then choose the trailer, assuming the trailer is in HD. Watch the trailer, the first 30 seconds it runs smoothly then you gonna see audio going out of sync and the slowdown will start occuring without any pause. Now go back to main menu, and run any other movie which is xvid not HD, it will run in slow motion again, this is how i saw it the first time. With trailers should be the best way to reproduce, if not wait later when i get home
Regards,

- dazex - 2011-03-01

R0MSTER,
I'll give that a go since the kids are napping. Never used the trailer feature so perhaps I'll run into the issue. I'll report back here.

Video causing xbmc crash - Cranial - 2011-03-01

The latest episode of Top Gear is causing xbmc to crash for me. I've reproduced it 5 times, all at exactly the same point into the show. Looking at the log it appears to be something to do with subtitles, but that's to my untrained eye.

xbmc version: XBMC PRE-10.0 Git:6ba831d (Compiled: Feb 27 2011)

Video Details:

General
Unique ID : 171553619300725787600155849003464621949 (0x81100676A5EF44AAA6C3EE3F175B7F7D)
Complete name : /Volumes/Qmultimedia/SD/TV/Top Gear/Season 16/Top Gear - S16E06 - Jaguar XJ Racing the Sunrise.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 1.46 GiB
Duration : 1h 1mn
Overall bit rate : 3 397 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2011-02-27 22:59:58
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.9.5 ('Tu es le seul') built on Jun 17 2009 16:28:30
Writing library : libebml v0.7.8 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=32
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 3 204 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.139
Stream size : 1.35 GiB (92%)
Writing library : x264 core 114 r1913 5fd3dce
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=6 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=18 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=0 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=2pass / mbtree=0 / bitrate=3204 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 84.3 MiB (6%)
Language : English

Text
ID : 3
Format : SSA
Codec ID : S_TEXT/SSA
Codec ID/Info : Sub Station Alpha
Compression mode : Lossless
Language : English

Debug Log: Log File

Is there a way to default subtitles to off for all video to avoid this problem? (If that is indeed the problem).

EDIT

Figured out how to default subtitles to OFF. Well, remembered how.

This video no longer crashes so it must be on load of SSA subtitles that xbmc crashes. I seem to remember this being a problem somewhere?

- dazex - 2011-03-02

So, I ran one of the trailers. Hard to find one in HD, but I finally found Inception trailer from YahooMovies. Looking at the CodecInfo OSD, I see that the ATV2 gets taxed at 100%. Once that happens, it start to seize up.

But we know the ATV2 doesn't have the horse power to run non-acellerated HD content.

I proceeded to try a few of the SD Xvid movies like R0MSTER and they are running fine. Taxing the ATV at about 60-75%, but no drop frames or rebuffering like I saw while playing the HD AND SD trailers.