Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- ky0_sama - 2011-03-02

Cranial Wrote:The latest episode of Top Gear is causing xbmc to crash for me. I've reproduced it 5 times, all at exactly the same point into the show. Looking at the log it appears to be something to do with subtitles, but that's to my untrained eye.

EDIT

Figured out how to default subtitles to OFF. Well, remembered how.

This video no longer crashes so it must be on load of SSA subtitles that xbmc crashes. I seem to remember this being a problem somewhere?

Indeed the SSA subtitles issue is pretty well known. What surprises me is that your build tried to load them in the first place and caused a crash. Typically, anime in the same container packaged with ssa subtitles just displays normally and ignores the subtitles altogether.

Hence, my previous post just a few lines up :p
Now if someone just had a link to the deb file from 2/1....

- R0MSTER - 2011-03-02

dazex Wrote:So, I ran one of the trailers. Hard to find one in HD, but I finally found Inception trailer from YahooMovies. Looking at the CodecInfo OSD, I see that the ATV2 gets taxed at 100%. Once that happens, it start to seize up.

But we know the ATV2 doesn't have the horse power to run non-acellerated HD content.

I proceeded to try a few of the SD Xvid movies like R0MSTER and they are running fine. Taxing the ATV at about 60-75%, but no drop frames or rebuffering like I saw while playing the HD AND SD trailers.

When you mean seize up, does it slow down or you see buffering? YahooMovies may be non accelerated, but the ones at Trailers-HD.net are accelerated, i never see buffering with SD trailers, that is an interesting observation on your side...

Regards,

- dazex - 2011-03-02

I saw rebuffering first before slowing down to a stop. Then I stopped the playing back of the trailer, and was able to run a xvid movie.

Is there a way to have trailer play from one trailer service versus another? I didn't know that can be specified.

Thanks,
-dazex

- sdesign - 2011-03-02

Having the same probs with this build as everyone else. How do I go back to the last official build?

Thanks,

SD

- dazex - 2011-03-02

sdesign, you should be able to sftp in and delete the XBMC.frap from /Applications

Then simply ssh in and run the following commands.

Code:
apt-get update

apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

- RoarinRow - 2011-03-02

sdesign Wrote:Having the same probs with this build as everyone else. How do I go back to the last official build?

Thanks,

SD

I did a library clean up and now I'm able to watch my movies again. You might want to try that before downgrading.

Just go to Settings, Video, Library, Clean Library. It takes awhile to complete so you might want to do this before you go to sleep or something.

- sdesign - 2011-03-02

dazex Wrote:sdesign, you should be able to sftp in and delete the XBMC.frap from /Applications Then simply ssh in and run the following commands. Code: apt-get update apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

Thanks dazex

- gmeroni - 2011-03-02

guys is this unofficial compatible with lasts alaska skin ?

And does to happen something with the command rm -rf /private/var/tmp/org.xbmc-022711_atv2-arm.deb ?...

- freaksworth - 2011-03-02

dazex Wrote:sdesign, you should be able to sftp in and delete the XBMC.frap from /Applications

Then simply ssh in and run the following commands.

Code:
apt-get update

apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

... and if you want to do it in a clean way, just run
Code:
dpkg -r org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
before that.

- joshua.lyon - 2011-03-02

gmeroni Wrote:And does to happen something with the command rm -rf /private/var/tmp/org.xbmc-022711_atv2-arm.deb ?...
I'm not sure exactly what the question was, but the command above does a remove (rm), recursively (-r) [not really needed], forcefully (-f) on the installation file. Since you would have already installed the file by now, the instructions are assuming that you no longer need the installer file, so you should remove it. Being that the file is downloaded to your tmp directory, it should be removed automatically in due time (eg. upon reboot), but the extra command is easy to add in and makes sure you get back that extra space from the installer file.

- gmeroni - 2011-03-02

joshua.lyon Wrote:I'm not sure exactly what the question was, but the command above does a remove (rm), recursively (-r) [not really needed], forcefully (-f) on the installation file. Since you would have already installed the file by now, the instructions are assuming that you no longer need the installer file, so you should remove it. Being that the file is downloaded to your tmp directory, it should be removed automatically in due time (eg. upon reboot), but the extra command is easy to add in and makes sure you get back that extra space from the installer file.

Thx...I think to have the unofficial build now!...I was asking that cause i've a lot of skin troubles with last Alaska skin...

- Cranial - 2011-03-03

gmeroni Wrote:Thx...I think to have the unofficial build now!...I was asking that cause i've a lot of skin troubles with last Alaska skin...

Alaska Revisited? You updated to 2.8.? I assume. It only works with the latest nightlies, of which none of the ATV builds really are. They're not yet in mainline and hence don't have the latest skinning code.

No images on homescreen will show you the error of your ways Wink

- gmeroni - 2011-03-03

Cranial Wrote:Alaska Revisited? You updated to 2.8.? I assume. It only works with the latest nightlies, of which none of the ATV builds really are. They're not yet in mainline and hence don't have the latest skinning code.

No images on homescreen will show you the error of your ways Wink

I fix the image in the homescreen using the Icons ^^, but i still see the old media Info images instead the new ones

- ky0_sama - 2011-03-03

So I would have posted this in the Anime MKV SSA Subtitles thread, but it's been inactive for like a month. Apparently, the reason that ssa subtitles loaded correctly in the 2/1 build was because that build didn't attempt to load the subs at all. One user in the other thread got the idea that it might be due to a resource called SWScaler from his logs, but failed to notice the more relevant:

20:12:59 T:155279360 M:107581440 DEBUG: Loading: /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/players/dvdplayer/libass-arm-osx.so

I decided to be a smartypants, and went in through WinSCP and renamed libass so that it wouldn't be found when called, and lo and behold, subtitles displayed again, without formatting, and prefaced with a comma. I noticed two glaring differences in this build from the 2/1 build however.

1. In the 2/1 build, the subtitles stayed on screen until they were replaced by another string. In this build, they displayed only for their specified duration, and did disappear in between strings of dialogue as they are supposed to.

2. The subs caused MASSIVE lag, and eventually froze my ATV. lol.

I'm no programmer, but some smart fella (or gal) out there must know or be able to find out what's going on. I'm sure I can't be the only person interested in this.

- mrpeterparker - 2011-03-03

ky0_sama Wrote:So I would have posted this in the Anime MKV SSA Subtitles thread, but it's been inactive for like a month. Apparently, the reason that ssa subtitles loaded correctly in the 2/1 build was because that build didn't attempt to load the subs at all. One user in the other thread got the idea that it might be due to a resource called SWScaler from his logs, but failed to notice the more relevant:

20:12:59 T:155279360 M:107581440 DEBUG: Loading: /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/players/dvdplayer/libass-arm-osx.so

I decided to be a smartypants, and went in through WinSCP and renamed libass so that it wouldn't be found when called, and lo and behold, subtitles displayed again, without formatting, and prefaced with a comma. I noticed two glaring differences in this build from the 2/1 build however.

1. In the 2/1 build, the subtitles stayed on screen until they were replaced by another string. In this build, they displayed only for their specified duration, and did disappear in between strings of dialogue as they are supposed to.

2. The subs caused MASSIVE lag, and eventually froze my ATV. lol.

I'm no programmer, but some smart fella (or gal) out there must know or be able to find out what's going on. I'm sure I can't be the only person interested in this.

we quit looking into it, because davilla already knows what's wrong... the fix just has to be implemented. I actually had already figured out what you had =P (might've been a different thread)