Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- Bumpaneer - 2011-03-07

The below fixed thumbnails on SMB for me...

Stiffler Wrote:Thumbnails:
Create a new file location on the network to store thumbnails.
Add additional lines to "advancedsettings.xml" file, below is an example of mine in full (Red sections need to be updated with your own locations for MySQL and SMB Thumbnail folder)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>[color=Red]192.168.1.2[/color]</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>[color=Red]192.168.1.2[/color]</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_music</name>
    </musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
            <to>[color=Red]smb://192.168.1.2/Volume_1/Media_Server/xbmc_thumbs/[/color]</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

- AngryFarmer - 2011-03-08

Bumpaneer Wrote:The below fixed thumbnails on SMB for me...

Doesn't work for me Sad Ran Filemon and I see that it's still trying to access old location instead of a new one, despite I have a log record that substitution went ok. Eh Sad

- dazex - 2011-03-08

acoustique Wrote:Here's the XBMC debug log (from /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences) -
http://pastebin.com/ubxXL7FZ

OT: I'm a developer (C++/C) and hope to contribute to this awesome project someday

Weird that you have the movie Hurt Locker nestled under James Bond folder. But I don't suspect that being the source of the problem.

We'll have to get gimli to take a look at the issue. It has something to do with reworking the audio.

Since the main focus right now is cleaning up and merging ATV2 branch to main, we're not gonna see the rapid pace bug fixes like before.

Therefore, I am gonna put my Feb 21st build out there in case anyone wants to test. Though built on the 21st, it has the remote codes BREvent id that was commited on the 24th by Davilla. This means that anything AFTER the 24th is not in this build. So the audio downmixing fixed on the 27th by gimli is not in this build.

Install directions are the same as the first post of this thread. The URL is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/415769/org.xbmc-022111_atv2-arm.deb

- acoustique - 2011-03-08

dazex Wrote:Weird that you have the movie Hurt Locker nestled under James Bond folder. But I don't suspect that being the source of the problem.

Yea Ember Media Manager messed up the folder structure for me when I did a bulk rename (Still a great program though). I'm too lazy too re-arrange everything now. Anyways thanks for the heads up will continue testing the Feb 21 build. Ciao.

- deanhill1971 - 2011-03-08

I was using the dev builds on my ATV without problem. Over the weekend, I turned on my ATV, and it was stuck on the Apple logo.

I did a re-jailbreak. Then I ssh'd, installed XBMC, and installed the latest dev build.

When I went back into the room with the ATV, I noticed the Front Row menu didn't show XBMC.

When I do an "apt-cache show" of XBMC, it says version 10-7 is installed. The 3/5/11 dev build is also shown as installed.

So, I probably messed up the install sequence or something.
What is the simplest way to get XBMC to show up in the Front Row menu?
Should I start from scratch again?

Thanks.

- Dolledd - 2011-03-08

Bumpaneer Wrote:The below fixed thumbnails on SMB for me...

Hi

Does this only work on iOS or should it work on windows also?

I tried on windows, but it does not seem to work, so prior to test this on aTV2, I wanted to verify first...

Thanks,
Dolfren

Dolledd Wrote:Hi

Does this only work on iOS or should it work on windows also?

I tried on windows, but it does not seem to work, so prior to test this on aTV2, I wanted to verify first...

Thanks,
Dolfren

I wanted to test aswell, but it didn't work on windows for me. I even tried a nightly build and it just screwed my sql database AngryBig Grin
However, it works on ATV2! So give it a try.

- Italo Disco - 2011-03-08

Italo Disco Wrote:Using XBMC 10.0-7 on ATV2.

I have a PC with a shared folder that contains some TV series. Some episodes can be seen when using the ATV to play an episode, whilst others simply don't show up at all !? These episodes all have the same technical aspects (all H264 1280x720 with AC3 sound in an MKV container). There are no 'strange' characters in the file names.

I've tried all kinds of things, and looked at the debug logs. I cannot find anything that would point me in the right direction. It simply looks as if the ATV does not see all files in a folder that is being accessed via SMB.

I've tried accessing the episodes using XBMC v10 installed on that same PC, and that goes well. I've created a video library on the PC and unloaded it into a file. I then manually updated the links from a drive:\folder to smb://sharename in the xml file and transferred it to the ATV2. In XBMC I then imported the library. I now do see all episodes, but only the ones I already had in the library before can be played. The others don't play at all.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

The cause of the problem mentioned above turned out to be that file permissions apparently weren't set properly for files and folders that were created using the SickBeard download tool. Manually setting the proper file permissions made all problems go away. For a detailed explanation see this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95876

- amet - 2011-03-08

AngryFarmer Wrote:I wanted to test aswell, but it didn't work on windows for me. I even tried a nightly build and it just screwed my sql database AngryBig Grin

serious? nooo... if only you have been warned Smile

Remote not working after install of build - selepo - 2011-03-08

Hi, I installed the file uploaded to dropbox, and the apple remote stopped working in XBMC. The android remote still works though. I have tried to restart but it doesn't help. How do I revert back to the 10.0-7 release ?

/Selepo

amet Wrote:serious? nooo... if only you have been warned Smile

No worries, I have a backup Nod

- amet - 2011-03-08

selepo Wrote:Hi, I installed the file uploaded to dropbox, and the apple remote stopped working in XBMC. The android remote still works though. I have tried to restart but it doesn't help. How do I revert back to the 10.0-7 release ?

/Selepo

what file you installed?

- amet - 2011-03-08

I love whats coming up... watch this space Smile

- Muskyinoz - 2011-03-09

for how long? Big Grin

- mrpeterparker - 2011-03-09

trunk trunk trunk!!!