[BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Simplicity (/forumdisplay.php?fid=138)
+----- Thread: [BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade (/showthread.php?tid=92794)
- daemox - 2011-02-25 19:11
igotdvds Wrote:Great to hear! I found a spot for the logo, but cant find a good spot for the clearart without making the skin look "junky".
As far as I'm concerned the clear art and logo are just as good (if not better) than the poster, thanks! I have my guide written up. I should have it posted later today.
- phillie14586 - 2011-02-25 20:01
I have a couple of questions about this skin.
1) How can I change the default icon to my sources under Videos? I am new to this so I need to know what size picture and where to put it.
2) Under Videos when I select my TV recordings and I set the view to Thumbnail it shows the banner on the icon so it is difficult to see. I selected to use posters instead of banners in the setup. What am I doing wrong?
3) I would like to see the text in the configuration and contextual menus bigger. I have a 37" TV and sit 10' away. I know my viewing distance is a bit longer than most.
Being new to XBMC I tried several addon skins and was surprised how much I disliked them. So when I ran across this skin I was so glad to see one that had nice graphics, works well and is a pleasure to use.
- DuMbGuM - 2011-02-26 00:02
igotdvds Wrote:Thanks! I wish I could do custom backgrounds on home too, BUT, I cant find a way to fade the background and still hide the cut off text. What ends up happening is I can see the bottom half of each word and the submenus when they slide up. I've tried, and I've failed.
Ah the tough problems that go on behind the scenes..
Is there an image I could replace in the Github version just to change the background on homescreen or is it set up in some special way?
I figured out the ones for the settings menu and viewtypes but could not find the one for home, I thought it was 'default.jpg' in the /backgrounds folder but doesn't seem to be? I Can wait until it's released properly anyway though if you don't want anyone playing around with the skin while you're still developing it.
- Randall Lind - 2011-02-26 12:04
TV Theme Song download loader doesn't seem to work. Click on Get Tunes and nothing
- igotdvds - 2011-02-26 20:44
Randall Lind Wrote:TV Theme Song download loader doesn't seem to work. Click on Get Tunes and nothing
Install TVTUNES addon.
- igotdvds - 2011-02-26 20:46
New Album Info Screen:
New Artist Info Screen:
New Video Info Screen:
New Season Info Screen:
New Episode Info Screen:
- Morbeas - 2011-02-26 21:29
I love this skin but can someone please please pleeaaasse tell me what I need to change so that the IMDb ratings appear as numerals instead of stars?!
- igotdvds - 2011-02-26 21:39
Morbeas Wrote:I love this skin but can someone please please pleeaaasse tell me what I need to change so that the IMDb ratings appear as numerals instead of stars?!
You would have to change the code. One of the skins focal points are the yellow stars. I wont be changing them. But you are welcome to mod it yourself.
See here. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels
- Morbeas - 2011-02-26 22:28
Thank you, I wouldn't at all mind editing the code. Though I would love some direction as I'm a beginner. Briefly looking at the xml files, the only one I see with rating info is ViewsVideoLibrary.xml. Are there any other files I need to edit?
Thanks again for your help.
- Randall Lind - 2011-02-27 03:47
igotdvds Wrote:Install TVTUNES addon.
From where? Damn this is cool! Ok what next for XBMC really this is too cool
- ppic - 2011-02-27 04:01
check my sign
- blacklist - 2011-02-27 04:03
ppic Wrote:check my sign
What he said.
- igotdvds - 2011-02-27 04:07
blacklist Wrote:What he said.
Once again. PPIC has a addon for that. lol
- igotdvds - 2011-02-27 09:00
Added Clearart (Skin Settings button) to Full Screen Info:
- monsieurpaulu - 2011-02-27 23:28
hi first of all i want to say that this is a great new skin ,i like it really much.
only one question .
on home screen when i select a music song in the recently added section
it will not play , is it just me or is this a known problem
i use the ''Recently Added XBMC Script" version 2.0.5