Kodi Community Forum
Xbox 360 running XBMC (XBMC for Xbox360?) port possible someday? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Xbox 360 running XBMC (XBMC for Xbox360?) port possible someday? (/showthread.php?tid=9299)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- feelx - 2009-08-15

Seems like direct graphic or sound support shouldn't be a problem now that theres an leaked SDK out ( [ URL REMOVED] ) Smile

- althekiller - 2009-08-15

Follow the rules, feelx. Have fun in 7 day time out...

- azido - 2009-08-16

althekiller Wrote:Follow the rules, feelx. Have fun in 7 day time out...
i have a feeling that obviously that was a fake account anyway.

- Geeba - 2009-08-17

Has anyone contacted the chap doing the work on that site? He sounds pretty clever to me... maybe he could be a good addition to the team? Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-08-17

Geeba Wrote:Has anyone contacted the chap doing the work on that site? He sounds pretty clever to me... maybe he could be a good addition to the team? Wink

TMBinc? I think he's actually one of the main guys doing the overall exploit that's supposed to rock the modern world...i.e., he's prolly got his hands full. Still might not hurt to ask...

- azido - 2009-08-17

actually i wonder what's going on. regarding the previous post on their site, it was said to be a task of hours or not more than a few days until the hack is done. this was on 11th. now we have only this left:

Quote:A new hack is in development which works on all consoles not yet updated to the 849x update (Summer 09). This hack will be released soon
seems like it doesn't work the way it was expected.

also wonder how long ppl are willing to stay off playing on xbox live (which i assume will only work if you accept the summer 09 update of nxe/360).

- Geeba - 2009-08-17

digitalhigh Wrote:TMBinc? I think he's actually one of the main guys doing the overall exploit that's supposed to rock the modern world...i.e., he's prolly got his hands full. Still might not hurt to ask...

Definately wont hurt to ask - I speak to nVidia now and then asking if they can help drain the last dregs of power out of the xbox and if they can help with GPU assisted decoding! LOL! I Said they (their tech support department) should join up at XBMC.org and take a look at XBMC! LOL! (they thought it was a M$ productHuh) - I got one ticket (why cant the NV2A XGPU access more than 64Mb of RAM?) raised to 2nd line.... well it was worth a shot! they said they are still under contract to M$ and cant help thou Sad

- digitalhigh - 2009-08-17

azido Wrote:also wonder how long ppl are willing to stay off playing on xbox live (which i assume will only work if you accept the summer 09 update of nxe/360).

Personally, I won't be going onto live again until I get me a cygnos. Wink

Geeba Wrote:Definately wont hurt to ask - I speak to nVidia now and then asking if they can help drain the last dregs of power out of the xbox and if they can help with GPU assisted decoding! LOL! I Said they (their tech support department) should join up at XBMC.org and take a look at XBMC! LOL! (they thought it was a M$ productHuh) - I got one ticket (why cant the NV2A XGPU access more than 64Mb of RAM?) raised to 2nd line.... well it was worth a shot! they said they are still under contract to M$ and cant help thou Sad

You're nuts! I could have told you the response you were liable to get from nVidia. So, they're actually working on the GPU/RAM issue for XB1?

Regardless (and I know this is the wrong place to discuss it), I would really like to see the day when GPU decoding on XB1 is a possibility. Kudos for the effort...

- azido - 2009-08-18

digitalhigh Wrote:Personally, I won't be going onto live again until I get me a cygnos. Wink

hehe.. don't know what a cygnos is, but hey.. sounds cool Wink

personally, i'm really not that much into this subject beside the geek in me willing to tweak or test some stuff when possible. as my pc already is in the same room as the 360 (and also connected to the same tv/audio receiver), i'll surely stick on having xbmc on the pc since it is (and always will be) a lot more flexible - plus, it's a real silent pc - you name the advantage.

so most likely i will update anyway and enjoy playing online games on my 360. Rolleyes

- digitalhigh - 2009-08-18

azido Wrote:hehe.. don't know what a cygnos is, but hey.. sounds cool Wink

personally, i'm really not that much into this subject beside the geek in me willing to tweak or test some stuff when possible. as my pc already is in the same room as the 360 (and also connected to the same tv/audio receiver), i'll surely stick on having xbmc on the pc since it is (and always will be) a lot more flexible - plus, it's a real silent pc - you name the advantage.

so most likely i will update anyway and enjoy playing online games on my 360. Rolleyes

Cygnos is the new chip that allows you to have two kernels on your 360...one with an exploitable version (for homebrew), and one with the brand-spankin' new one that will most likely be required to play any games made after a certain date.

However, I'm not sure how this will be affected by the most recent update which was designed specifically to break homebrew functionality...

- garvani - 2009-08-19

.. nevermind

- DanXbix - 2009-08-20

Hey guys i know this is illegal but the xbox 360 7645.1 SDK has been leaked maybe this will help porting xbmc just like the original xbox xbmc was built with xdk

- Geeba - 2009-08-20

DanXbix Wrote:Hey guys i know this is illegal but the xbox 360 7645.1 SDK has been leaked maybe this will help porting xbmc just like the original xbox xbmc was built with xdk

Possibly - will it ever happen? nope.. (unless someone else codes it). the devs have made it pretty clear they wont be beating the console path ever again....
Now if Apple made a games console I dare say that would be an exception! Rofl

Did I just say that! Laugh

- digitalhigh - 2009-10-06

http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12504.0

Now featuring linux audio drivers with 5.1 compatibility...

- Geeba - 2009-10-06

digitalhigh Wrote:http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12504.0

Now featuring linux audio drivers with 5.1 compatibility...

Hmmmm..... any news on 3D drivers?