Kodi Community Forum
ATV2 and XBMC bufferring - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: ATV2 and XBMC bufferring (/showthread.php?tid=93514)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Candor - 2011-02-22

Easy on the pirate talk please.

Please tell me you are running a wired LAN connection?

- 0xsegfault - 2011-02-22

Hi again.

Was testing here, just set speaker to 5.1 and got less buffering issues. I guess setting the ac3/dts to on when you have a capable receiver will let atv2 save several cpu cycles.

Also trying to get x264/aac movies will help a lot.

- pgoose - 2011-02-22

sorry about the p/talk,
ha my bad, i didnt even think of that

anyways..yes wired..100mb all around..

ok so i ran that movie, kind of a neat movie..had very little stuttering at the beginning after that, ran just fine though

does anyone think that it would matter if i tried to use unpn or anything?

- Candor - 2011-02-22

XBMC Library mode does not seem to like UPNP from what I've read. Another troubleshooter is going to be placing the video file on the ATV2 itself, something just screams network lag to me.

- pgoose - 2011-02-22

see candor i agree with you on that, BUT, the only thing is i installed a low low low end computer and they run my files just fine..except for the lack of graphics card

but those movies that i had issues with, run just fine with this computer, but not on apple tv2

- pecinko - 2011-02-22

pgoose Wrote:ok so i ran that movie, kind of a neat movie..had very little stuttering at the beginning after that, ran just fine though

I would say that rules out network problems. So, those who can play BBBunny without problems can troubleshoot further - sound settings, codecs used, media containers...

Those unable to play BBBunny - should check their network before moving further.

- hovnarr - 2011-02-22

Its like talking to a wall here. Its not networksproblem for sure.

Upnp is normally smother. Same with wd tv live. With wd i can access nas directly, no delay, but with smb, takes longer time. Downside is upnp doesnt support subtitles with wd.

I personally think its a sound codec thats is wrong configured. Avatar fr example, 720p ac3 sound mkv 4,3 gb stutter when somebody talks buffers like a maniac. Gladiator 1080p dts mkv 8,5 gb no stutter with embedded subtitle.

Edit, i have only had problems one time with embedded subtitles.

- pecinko - 2011-02-22

hovnarr Wrote:Its like talking to a wall here. Its not networksproblem for sure.

Upnp is normally smother. Same with wd tv live. With wd i can access nas directly, no delay, but with smb, takes longer time. Downside is upnp doesnt support subtitles with wd.

I personally think its a sound codec thats is wrong configured. Avatar fr example, 720p ac3 sound mkv 4,3 gb stutter when somebody talks buffers like a maniac. Gladiator 1080p dts mkv 8,5 gb no stutter.

Yes it is and no it is not :-)

1) 0xsegfault has some troubles with network, as he's not able to play BBBunny without buffering.

2) You don't have network problems and you're probably right something's wrong with sound.

- hovnarr - 2011-02-22

Thanks, you are the first one answering me! I thought i was on mute!

pecinko Wrote:Yes it is and no it is not :-)

1) 0xsegfault has some troubles with network, as he's not able to play BBBunny without buffering.

2) You don't have network problems and you're probably right something's wrong with sound.

Ermm... i dont have network problems, my ATV2 is wired to my Airport Extreme! And i have an USB drive connected to it.

But BBBunny cant play smoothly yet.

And, i'll try yet:

- Changing skin, i'm currently using Alaska Revisted, kinda laggy;
- Disabling thumbnails generation, like some metioned;

- BritBloke - 2011-02-22

If it is a sound codec issue, just use MKVExtract to remove any audio tracks and re-test the problem files.

- hovnarr - 2011-02-22

Ok, going to test that when im home. Will post results later tonight.

Hello? hello? Still on mute...

- pgoose - 2011-02-22

Yeah, question for you guys again.

The skin and thumbnails generation, how does that affect the playing of the movie? is it still "alive" in the background while the movie is playing? And I can't figure out which way i want to attack these options hah

Hovnarr, you aren't on mute, i just don't know too much just yet, so I don't respond to your questions because i don't know anything ha.

- Reverb - 2011-02-22

pgoose Wrote:Reverb i can try..i use newsbin to download things, so it might be a bit tricky to have you download the same things, but anyways, you wanted to try lord of the rings??

Or and other you tested and worked good. I have usenet/newsservers too, so it is not a problem to download for me.