Please help OrigenAE VFD-110 - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Kodi General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux and Live support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Please help OrigenAE VFD-110 (/showthread.php?tid=94066)
Please help OrigenAE VFD-110 - Hybridtech - 2011-02-13 12:00
Hi can someone please help me get my VFD-110 to auto start iv followed the following tutorial: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47241 but i need a startup script.
Iv tried adding this: /usr/local/sbin/LCDd -c /etc/LCDd.conf
to the .XSession file but it dissapears on reboot.
But everything works when i run: /usr/local/sbin/LCDd -c /etc/LCDd.conf
in terminal manualy.
This is really frustrating.
- benj919 - 2011-02-13 12:33
you could try adding "/usr/local/sbin/LCDd -c /etc/LCDd.conf" to "/etc/rc.local"
- Hybridtech - 2011-02-13 13:55
Still no good. I think this is going to need a startup script.
- tabish121 - 2011-02-13 14:55
What OS are you running? If Ubuntu then why not just install lcdproc and let it run as a service? I'm using an older Origin case and that's what I do.
- Hybridtech - 2011-02-13 15:15
Hi im running Dharma 10.0 I think thats ubuntu 10.4 could you explain in detail how to do this for a noob.
- tabish121 - 2011-02-13 19:37
1. install lcdproc: sudo apt-get install lcdproc
2. change the name of the driver in LCDd.conf to irtrans: Driver=irtrans
2a. I also set ServerScreen=no in my LCDd.conf
3. Ensure that LCD is enabled for XBMC: advancedsettings.xml
That should do it.