Kodi Community Forum
Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start? (/showthread.php?tid=94199)

- WhiteLighter - 2011-10-27

Urhos Wrote:The PSU and CPU fans don't spin at all until I press the power button. The case came with a small internal speaker that connects with 4 pins, but I don't see a place on the mobo to connect it. I'm using this mobo: http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-H67NUSB

PSU fan didn't spin also? we might be looking at the wrong direction. It might be that the PSU is the faulty one.

- Urhos - 2011-10-27

WhiteLighter Wrote:PSU fan didn't spin also? we might be looking at the wrong direction. It might be that the PSU is the faulty one.

All of the fans (PSU, CPU, Additional Fan that I added) work when I power the system on. I'm sorry if my wording was confusing.

- leepenny - 2011-10-27

Hi sorry quite new to posting here I hope i've got the right place my friend is selling a zotac motherboard (Zotac ION N230 Mini-ITX DDR2) it seems like an older model but am worried that it may not be powerful enough to run 1080p movies. Could anybody shed some light on this. I dont want to set it up and find its not up to the task (I know it doesnt have wifi - am connecting directly to router) and (hopefully) will be using xbmc live. Any answers (in non tech speak please - I'm a total noob at this) would be appreciated.

- WhiteLighter - 2011-10-28

leepenny Wrote:Hi sorry quite new to posting here I hope i've got the right place my friend is selling a zotac motherboard (Zotac ION N230 Mini-ITX DDR2) it seems like an older model but am worried that it may not be powerful enough to run 1080p movies. Could anybody shed some light on this. I dont want to set it up and find its not up to the task (I know it doesnt have wifi - am connecting directly to router) and (hopefully) will be using xbmc live. Any answers (in non tech speak please - I'm a total noob at this) would be appreciated.

Please refer to this

- leepenny - 2011-10-29

OK then lets say I build this Celeron-G530 (2x2.4Ghz) + GT210 posted on page one of the thread by eskro does the cpu need any cooling? I see hes using a scythe case fan but no fan for the cpu ....being in a small mini-itx case I would have thought some kind of cpu cooling was necessary.

- eskro - 2011-10-29

use stock G530 cooler,,,

- leepenny - 2011-10-29

thanks also can you tell me how to 'install' the graphics card if i'm using xbmc live or have you a link to it?? many thanks

- eskro - 2011-10-29

leepenny Wrote:thanks also can you tell me how to 'install' the graphics card if i'm using xbmc live or have you a link to it?? many thanks

not sure i understand what u mean

- leepenny - 2011-10-29

The ZOTAC nVidia GeForce 210 synergy card, or does the motherboard already recognize it.

- leepenny - 2011-10-29

Im just worried that i'll get all the parts on the list ,put them all together and nothing will happen and i'll have to search through all the threads to find what I need

- eskro - 2011-10-29

leepenny Wrote:The ZOTAC nVidia GeForce 210 synergy card, or does the motherboard already recognize it.

correct

- leepenny - 2011-10-29

One last question eskro and thanks for the straight talking no nonsense answers if I get the Asrock H67M-ITX/HT with the remote bundled is it compatible with xbmc live as the remote differs from the one on the wiki page (in just looks maybe). Once agin thanks for helping a noob out.

- bluray - 2011-10-29

leepenny Wrote:One last question eskro and thanks for the straight talking no nonsense answers if I get the Asrock H67M-ITX/HT with the remote bundled is it compatible with xbmc live as the remote differs from the one on the wiki page (in just looks maybe). Once agin thanks for helping a noob out.
most mce remote controller work the same way. asrock smart remote is designed to work with asrock cir option of you mobo, which allow you to turn on/off htpc with the remote controller.

- WhiteLighter - 2011-10-29

will Asrock CIR work with other MCE remote, let's say harmony remotes? will it also allow cold start from off? or should it be the asrock smart remote?

- eskro - 2011-10-29

i think voip-ninja said it works with harmony remotes but range isnt good,,