Kodi Community Forum
Netflix and XBMC out of US in Apple TV 2g - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: Netflix and XBMC out of US in Apple TV 2g (/showthread.php?tid=94597)

Pages: 1 2 3

- kealan - 2011-02-27

motd2k Wrote:It shouldn't be too difficult to get OpenVPN on to the ATV2 to be honest. Will try to get a look when I get chance.

Please keep us posted on any progress you have getting VPN onto the apple tv. This would be huge! Particularly for anyone outside the US trying to access Netflix or Hulu through XBMC. Thanks for looking into this.

- vmgp - 2011-03-15

Hi
I get a Linksys and I install DD-WRT in my computer it work pretty good but not on my apple tv 2g.
I start netflix and when I put play it looks like is going to start the movie but it goes back to the movie menu.

Anyone can help?

- vmgp - 2011-03-18

vmgp Wrote:Hi
I get a Linksys and I install DD-WRT in my computer it work pretty good but not on my apple tv 2g.
I start netflix and when I put play it looks like is going to start the movie but it goes back to the movie menu.

Anyone can help?

I disable the mask of the DNS and the DHCP..... and it work pretty good.

- moosenoz - 2011-03-26

Anyone can help?

i have this exact same problem with atv2. all my other devices connect fine but not apple tv.

@ vmgp
have you been able to get it to connect ?

- vmgp - 2011-03-26

moosenoz Wrote:i have this exact same problem with atv2. all my other devices connect fine but not apple tv.

@ vmgp
have you been able to get it to connect ?

Hi

I get in through my router menu and disable the Mask of the DNS and DHCP and it work very good.

- moosenoz - 2011-03-26

I get in through my router menu and disable the Mask of the DNS and DHCP and it work very good.

setup > basic setup >

Use DNSMasq for DHCP
Use DNSMasq for DNS

both of these are both unchecked?

- vmgp - 2011-03-28

moosenoz Wrote:setup > basic setup >

Use DNSMasq for DHCP
Use DNSMasq for DNS

both of these are both unchecked?

Yes, both of these uncheck.

- lithiumc - 2011-03-28

You guys are still using vpn tunnels? Usvideo.ca is all I can say, works amazing and frigin easy to setup. Works with everything I have thrown at it XBOX, PS3, IPAD, iphone, PC and so on. Oh PS you also get a full connection to netflix servers, so HD quality is good. It's even better if you just configure it at your router, and then setup a cron job to do a daily curl post on their check service forum if using ddwrt. Not only that if your in canada like me, you also get access to British content with one subscription.

- moosenoz - 2011-03-28

thanks for your help vmgp. works fine now.

@lithiumc, i'm on my last month of a three month trial period with strongvpn. i'll look into usvideo.ca when my subscription expires.

- lithiumc - 2011-03-28

usvideo.ca has 1st week free with no payment or credit card needed.

- jhonny30 - 2011-03-30

Hi
Does anybody has experience with usvideo.ca? It looks interesting, but i don't understand how changing yhe dns of my ipad will affect the IP of my router? Because hulu should still see that my router is in non-US... Can anybody explain me please how Usvideo works? Thanks would be great

- jd2157 - 2011-03-31

jhonny30 Wrote:Hi
Does anybody has experience with usvideo.ca? It looks interesting, but i don't understand how changing yhe dns of my ipad will affect the IP of my router? Because hulu should still see that my router is in non-US... Can anybody explain me please how Usvideo works? Thanks would be great

I've played around with it a bit and I can verify it did let me use Hulu from Canada and I previously couldn't. I'd think this is a loophole that won't be open forever... might want to pay monthly rather than yearly.

Changing the DNS of your iPad won't change the IP of your router. Through some DNS trickery the usvideo.ca service gets around the geolocation checks being used by Hulu/Netflix/etc. Here's a good thread that sort of goes into more detail:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25640778-Anyone-using-Unblock-us-

Has anyone heard of tortunnel? - lowball - 2011-05-09

A while back I stumbled upon this awesome program that allowed me to stream pandora while I was outside of the US. The program is called tortunnel and you can use it to connect directly to an exit node in the US. I was doing some messing around, and I was also able to stream videos without any buffering. I believe it's just a matter of getting this running on DD-WRT.

- bladeds - 2011-05-13

this website is great, http://unblock-us.com/ vpn that works with apple tv 2. ns how it works but you just have change the dns servers on apple tv 2 to the ones they give you and you can access netflix from outsite us, no dd-wrt router needed, no need to have a computer on. This is also great because unlike vpn it just some how masks your location, this means you still get full speeds from your internet connection. i am able to stream hd from netflix on a 4mb line where as with a vpn i would onlu get 1mb speeds. also if your in the uk you can still access iplayer aswell as us websites. I have no idea how this works but it is the solution your looking for

- gonefishing1975 - 2012-01-30

I was able to setup netflix US using unblock-us but when I try to use Hulu the commercial plays then stips and goes back to the menu and quickly you see a message cannot find next video source or sometjing like that. Any idea as to why?

thanks