Kodi Community Forum
How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. (/showthread.php?tid=94905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- hakensline - 2011-06-08

yes xbmc pvr on atv2 with no video lag. at this time the take 3 release from amet connect to the pvr server tvheadend but video lag an pixelise

- Memphiz - 2011-06-08

Check you network and signal quality then. It works flawlessly here. So it itsn't a general problem i think.

Memphiz Wrote:Check you network and signal quality then. It works flawlessly here. So it itsn't a general problem i think.

You use te the xbmc_pvr_take3 atv2 release from Amet ?

My client with xbmc live ande lars op den kamp xbmc release work fine,
my signal an my lan is ok.

- rivo - 2011-06-08

margro Wrote:This is caused by the build-in RTSP code from FFMPEG. The same signal problems occur also under Windows/Linux on some (not too powerful) systems.
That is why I am working on a better addon that uses Live555 for RTSP stream decoding. This version (called MediaPortal TSReader) performs much better but in its current state it is only available for Windows. Making it cross platform is work-in-progress. After that, I will send a pull request to Dushmaniac to include it.

Thanks margro.
We are waiting excited your work in XBMC-pvr for Atv2/ios versions.
Greetings

- Memphiz - 2011-06-08

hakensline Wrote:You use te the xbmc_pvr_take3 atv2 release from Amet ?

My client with xbmc live ande lars op den kamp xbmc release work fine,
my signal an my lan is ok.

Yes i'm using take3. Which iOS Version and which jailbreak method did you use?

Memphiz Wrote:Yes i'm using take3. Which iOS Version and which jailbreak method did you use?

Hello im using Seas0nPass and the ios 4.2.2.

- Memphiz - 2011-06-08

Same here ... strange. How is your network connected to the atv2?

I'm using an 80211n wlan without issues regarding livetv.

Memphiz Wrote:Same here ... strange. How is your network connected to the atv2?

I'm using an 80211n wlan without issues regarding livetv.

im on lan 100meg ... i test the wlan connection tonight i have a 300N linksys router.

Tanks for your info.

Your install is ok with 4.2.2 Seasonpass and take3 on wifi SD channels ok ?
And Hd channels ?

- Memphiz - 2011-06-08

No info about HD channels ... but SD is working great here...

Did you install anything else beside XBMC on your atv2 which may suck of the cpu?

- Memphiz - 2011-06-08

With the sake of amet i did take4 Smile

links removed - dropbox was full...

Changes since 30.5.2011 - look here:

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/commits/master/

Nothing special there...

- Memphiz - 2011-06-08

Hakensline:

Try the following:
1. Disable "Start video minimized" (or something like that - have the german localisation here)
2. Try LiveTV via Video-> Files (add a source: htsp://IP:9982/ for that) and see if it works better
3. Try to switch audio sources (stereo/ac3) if you have multiple sources while playing liveTV
4. Leave it some time to settle ... if it doesn't get smooth after lets say 1 Minute, then something is broken

Ok ! Tanks ! i have format my atv2 and installed the take4 and disable start video minimized :-) it's work fine now !

You know if windows media center remote work with atv2 ?

- Memphiz - 2011-06-08

glad it helped ...

if it is an IR remote ... try to use the atv2 feature for learning other remotes (must be somewhere in the appletv2 gui)

- Shoesy - 2011-06-09

Memphiz Wrote:Try the following:
1. Disable "Start video minimized" (or something like that - have the german localisation here)

I think that was my problem too- the windowed video really strains my setup.

vnsi server pvr plugin crashes - Gfunk117 - 2011-06-11

First time poster long time Linux/Win/iOS user. I mainly run my tv servers with VDR and with take 4 the vnsiserver plugin crashes xbmc everytime I try to connect so I have been trying to narrow down the problem and I think this is why that particular add-on isnt working. When I ssh into the ATV2 and navigate to:

Code:
/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system

And list the directory with "ls"

I dont see any osx binary for the vnsiserver add-on. I only see these binaries in that directory:

Code:
ImageLib-arm-osx.so*  colors.xml             libexif-arm-osx.so*    shaders/
Lircmap.xml           hdhomerun-arm-osx.so*  libid3tag-arm-osx.so*
X10-Lola-IRSSmap.xml  keymaps/               playercorefactory.xml
asound.conf           libcmyth-arm-osx.so*   players/

Could someone with the right tools/experience compile a working take 5 version with the VNSI-SERVER addon support? If not I would be willing to compile from source also if there are instructions besides the scratchbox method in Ubuntu (I don't own a Mac PC atm). I do have experience compiling from source from the pvr-testing2 branch on Ubuntu and Windows so I can follow instructions. Thanks in advance for any help. This is a fantasist community here!