Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- jjense01 - 2011-09-19

jjense01 Wrote:I'm with legazus. I don't know much about coding or anything, but I'm good at following directions and I feel comfortable using a text editor. I just simply don't know what to alter in the default.py. I have a legitimate user ID and password for ESPN3 from my small business' ISP, but my home ISP doesn't carry ESPN3. I would really appreciate anyone willing to share with my how best to alter the default.py with my username and password. Best to all you, as I love this forumSmile

Best,
Jesse

Thanks, didn't see that. I subscribe to this thread, so I'm not sure how that got by me. I'll give a try laterSmile

j

- hunkyn - 2011-09-20

Guys this plugin works great for me and have not had issues with it. But, if i go online i see sportscenter and MNF in upcoming section but i do not see these through the plugin.

For everyone who has the plugin working confirm if this is case for you too.

Thanks

- locomot1f - 2011-09-20

hunkyn Wrote:Guys this plugin works great for me and have not had issues with it. But, if i go online i see sportscenter and MNF in upcoming section but i do not see these through the plugin.

For everyone who has the plugin working confirm if this is case for you too.

Thanks

Upcoming only supplies those events listed for ESPN3.

If you want / can get other events (i.e. Sports Center, ESPN U, MNF, etc.), then you'll have to find the xml file for those events, and add them to your script.

- locomot1f - 2011-09-20

bourgeois_rage Wrote:bigd, I followed your instructions, but I'm still getting an error. I can go through the menus, but I get a plugin failure when I try to start the stream. I'm on time warner. Do you think that might have anything to do with it?

Thanks for the effort you are putting into this.

can you look at it through your web browser? if you can't then it's with Time Warner Cable.

ALL TWC subscribers!!!

make sure that you have signed up for My Services through the TWC website. this should give you access to ESPN 3 networks, and YOUR PERSONAL SWID should work for you.

Unfortunately, I can not confirm nor deny this as my personal My Services has been deactivated. Once I get my activation back up, I'll trouble shoot this more.

- rudawgr - 2011-09-20

I have twc and I still get a error...I can watch it on the web with no problem I fallow all the instruction very carefully and no luck!!!

- WildBill - 2011-09-20

rudawgr Wrote:I have twc and I still get a error...I can watch it on the web with no problem I fallow all the instruction very carefully and no luck!!!
Post your default with your swid Removed

- rudawgr - 2011-09-20

Will do one I get out from work thanks

- hunkyn - 2011-09-20

locomot1f Wrote:Upcoming only supplies those events listed for ESPN3.

If you want / can get other events (i.e. Sports Center, ESPN U, MNF, etc.), then you'll have to find the xml file for those events, and add them to your script.

Ok that helps. How do we find the xml files? I tried do that last night and i have not been successful. Is there an easy way to figure out these files?

Thanks in advance

- bourgeois_rage - 2011-09-20

locomot1f Wrote:can you look at it through your web browser? if you can't then it's with Time Warner Cable.

ALL TWC subscribers!!!

make sure that you have signed up for My Services through the TWC website. this should give you access to ESPN 3 networks, and YOUR PERSONAL SWID should work for you.

Unfortunately, I can not confirm nor deny this as my personal My Services has been deactivated. Once I get my activation back up, I'll trouble shoot this more.

Yes, I can view the stream through my web browser on another computer. Thanks, loco.

- milugong - 2011-09-21

My internet provider(TWC) does not carry ESPN3 at my home but I do have ESPN3 in my office (AT&T). Is it possible that I retrieve the SWID from my office and modify the default.py with that SWID then I can watch it at my home?
Sounds not prefect legal for me

locomot1f Wrote:can you look at it through your web browser? if you can't then it's with Time Warner Cable.

ALL TWC subscribers!!!

- emilsvennesson - 2011-09-21

Yes, that would work.

URL composition of default.py - novadar - 2011-09-21

Hi all,

Here is my basic setup: Boxee on Apple TV First Generation. My ISP is Time Warner but I do not have a cable package with ESPN so in a browser I have to login via a Comcast Account I have from back when my brother and I shared a place (he still has that main account, so mine is still valid). On the Apple TV I have no problem going into Firefox, bringing up ESPN3 and watching Live or On-Demand events.

I deployed the ESPN3 add-on via the BlueCop repository. It still does not quite work properly.

Based on earlier postings, I modified the default.py file to directly include my SWID and Affliiate ID.

Is there something I am missing. If you really don't have a workaround could you help in another way. My backdoor approach to get the live events on my Apple TV is via PlayOn. If I could make some sense of the URL Calls and Parameters, I might be able to construct a simple HTML page (with JS) which will load an event for which I provide the specific parameters (eventID, SWID). Then I can use a PlayOn Script to re-stream the Flash to the ATV as an H264/MP4. So as an out-of-forum request could you PM me the nature of the URL/Commands. I am a DBA and I am bit out of my comfort zone.

Thanks a million for all of your hard work. This is a quality app!

- skuba318 - 2011-09-22

Can someone post or send me a working default.py. WatchESPN works fine in browser. followed all of the steps in this thread and still no luck. Would be awsome to have this working for College Football season!

- novadar - 2011-09-22

I second skuba318. Would some post a working default.py

This add-on does not work for at all in XBMC. I installed it from the BlueCop Repository

A variant of default.py runs in Boxee but only returns the On-Demand (recorded) events.

- BlakeM - 2011-09-23

working default.py
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lcrl67vcy6bzif

1. Replace the SWID in two places where XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX appears with your SWID
2. Replace the 'XXXX' with your affiliate ID

This should get your espn3 plugin working again. Note that to get the default.py to work I had to set the live quality to 4 and the replay quality to 3.