Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- canadave - 2012-01-09

BlueCop Wrote:canadave: bring up the video information by pressing i on the keyboard.

I would, but there's no keyboard Smile I'm using an ATV2. If I right-click on the item I want info for, there's just "add to favourites, addon settings, and update library".

- canadave - 2012-01-09

WildBill Wrote:Currently No live game but if you went to upcoming you will see a game at 2:50 EST

I double checked by going to espn3.com

You are absolutely right...my apologies! Colour me surprised that ESPN3 does not have something running 24/7 Smile

- Untraumatized - 2012-01-09

canadave Wrote:Okay...well, after much digging, finally managed to answer my own question. For the benefit of anyone who stumbles across this in a search, the answer is that you have to go to the espn.broadband site to get your SWID as the instructions say, BUT, you then have to SAVE THE CONTENT OF THE WEB PAGE as an XML file onto your computer, and then upload it to the addon_data folder. That's not mentioned in the post #571 that everyone keeps referencing.

After I did that, no other configuration was necessary for me in the addon settings, nor was any cookies file (as also spoken of in post #571) necessary.

Did you not read what I JUST posted above youHuh I honestly think its a lot easier to open WinSCP and edit the XML with the provider and SWID than it is to save the web page and transfer it in (for example like me if I save it as .xml it will still save as a .txt, because of my PC configuration...)

So again (IMO) it's easiest to open WinSCP, locate the USERDATA.xml, and just edit in your SWID and provider, click save and your done

- canadave - 2012-01-09

Untraumatized Wrote:Did you not read what I JUST posted above youHuh I honestly think its a lot easier to open WinSCP and edit the XML with the provider and SWID than it is to save the web page and transfer it in (for example like me if I save it as .xml it will still save as a .txt, because of my PC configuration...)

So again (IMO) it's easiest to open WinSCP, locate the USERDATA.xml, and just edit in your SWID and provider, click save and your done

First of all, I'm not using a PC. I'm on a Mac, using XBMC on an Apple TV 2. Not everyone uses a PC.

Second of all, yes, I DID read your post above mine. It said nothing about where I might find the userdata.xml file needed for this addon to run. It spoke about "doing the userdata.xml thing." Hardly a clear instruction, wouldn't you agree?

I take it you're talking about using WinSCP to directly edit the userdata.xml file in the addon_data folder on the server? Well, I didn't have one in mine, so I had to create one--simplest was just to save the webpage as an XML file and upload it via FTP.

As for "doing the userdata.xml thing"--if your method works well for you, great.

I'm doing this from my phone, and I thought the same but it's in a different folder I just looked around and found it but the reason I don't know at the moment is because I am not at my computer, I didn't memorize how to do it. Anyways you realize it being a Mac (or PC..) doesnt matter... Your editing a file on the apple TV... But I would gladly give you the file location in a few minutes, because I don't really have any lag using the ESPN app, and my wifi network is congested with electronics (ps3 *cough*mw3*cough*, iPhones, iPod touches, laptop and PC)

Untraumatized Wrote:locate the USERDATA.xml, and just edit in your SWID and provider, click save and your done

May not be the most detailed instruction, but more than you give credit for...

If you keep reading maybe 3 or 4 posts somebody gave me a detailed instruction on how to do the XML file...

- canadave - 2012-01-09

Untraumatized Wrote:May not be the most detailed instruction, but more than you give credit for...

If you keep reading maybe 3 or 4 posts somebody gave me a detailed instruction on how to do the XML file...

I know precisely how to edit an existing XML file. You're not hearing what I'm saying. I'm saying that there WAS NO XML FILE. I thought it was supposed to be already existing, and that wasn't the case for me. If I'd seen it on my Apple TV, of course I would've edited it in two seconds and that would've been that. Your instructions, and everyone else's, seem to be assuming the file will exist already, and it didn't in my case.

Anyway, it's done and fixed now, so let's all move on.

- jackal8ca - 2012-01-10

Canadave,

Were you able to get a SWID? I am from Toronto and obviously don't have the US cable providers listed, but do have my own espn account I can login to and stream.

I just have the following where the SWID should be
<personalization loginStatus="Anonymous Guest" swid="">

Thanks

- WildBill - 2012-01-10

jackal8ca Wrote:Canadave,

Were you able to get a SWID? I am from Toronto and obviously don't have the US cable providers listed, but do have my own espn account I can login to and stream.

Thanks
Go to espn3.com first and then get your SWID

- canadave - 2012-01-10

jackal8ca Wrote:Canadave,

Thanks

Yep, I was able to get a SWID. Just created an account on the ESPN3 site and went to the link in post #571.

- Kernalzero - 2012-01-10

Untraumatized Wrote:OK LISTEN CAREFULLY

YOU DID EXACTLY WHAT I DID AT FIRST

DON'T DO THE DEFAULT.PY THING, DELETE THE ESPN APP AND REINSTALL IT, TAKES LIKE 5 SECONDS, THEN DO THE USERDATA.XML THING (NOTTTTT THE DEFAULT.PY THING THAT'S FOR OLDER VERSION!!!!)

After that it should work, make sure you only have the login with ur user and pass box checked, I had some of the top ones checked and it didn't work till I unchecked them

I did this and it seems to have failed. Replacing with my userdata.xml allows for the plugin to actually load and list available games (games will not load though). Adding my username/password under settings causes it to prevent the plugin from even loading (I suspect because I have charter which isn't listed and it doesn't give me the option to only select user/pass without choosing a provider).

Would changing my provider listed in the userdata.xml file fix this? if so would someone mind forwarding me your userdata.xml file without your username or SWID?

I appreciate the recommendations, thanks again!

- WildBill - 2012-01-10

Kernalzero Wrote:I did this and it seems to have failed. Replacing with my userdata.xml allows for the plugin to actually load and list available games (games will not load though). Adding my username/password under settings causes it to prevent the plugin from even loading (I suspect because I have charter which isn't listed and it doesn't give me the option to only select user/pass without choosing a provider).

Would changing my provider listed in the userdata.xml file fix this? if so would someone mind forwarding me your userdata.xml file without your username or SWID?

I appreciate the recommendations, thanks again!
Go to broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData your provider and swid is there and have everything unchecked in the settings

- Kernalzero - 2012-01-10

WildBill Wrote:Go to broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData your provider and swid is there and have everything unchecked in the settings

fixed. Thanks all!

Script Error - Roti2000 - 2012-01-10

Didn't get any response last week to my problem, so I'm bumping.

I'm using an original XBOX with recent nightly version of XBMC (REv. 31071).

I downloaded the most recent version of ESPN3 from BlueCop's repository and am getting a script error.

Here is the log with debugging enabled:

http://pastebin.com/2x2wwekT

Thanks for any help folks may have.

I actually have a .7 version working ok EXCEPT for the replays--it still maps to the old passportproject xml. If there is any modification I could do to that code to get the ESPN3 replays to work that would be a good workaround.

- grifter76 - 2012-01-10

Hi guys.. Newbie on XBMC here.. excellent stuff you guys have done here.. I'm not a programmer or anything.. I just know how to use a computer and knows how to follow directions.. With that, I was able to install XBMC on my new Apple TV 2 and on my laptop.

I was also able to install icefilms on both.. Now the problem, I WANT ESPN3 on my xbmc. I was able to install bluecops repository on my systems. but on tv and on the laptop, I get this error when I try to play ESPN3. ----> script failed! plugin.video.espn3.

How do I fix that? I just need to fix this and I'm perfectly ok. Thanks in advance guys! I'm in Canada by the way, so if thatt is an issue, let me know too. thanks..