Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - AUZambo - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-25, 02:07)canadave Wrote: Trying to watch on my ATV2...it's always worked, but last time I used it was a few months ago. Now, I try to watch live ESPN3 feed, it appears to start--I can see about two seconds of the video--but then it crashes back to the previous screen, without any error message. Any ideas?
When I was having this issue I fixed it with this information:

(2012-06-10, 07:37)stuartclan Wrote: Thought I'd post this since it seems like other ATV2/XBMC/ESPN3 users might be having problems with this as well.

I tried streaming the EURO 2012 games today on my ATV2 and it kept failing (seemed to start for a split second and stop - no GUI errors). So, I decided it was time to update to the newest iOS and latest Seas0nPass since I was still on 5.0 and thought that might be the problem (didn't check the forums). After getting everything back up (including a fresh install of XBMC/BlueCop repo), I was having the same problems as before. My error logs had the following error:

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

I searched around and found folks saying this is a problem with the librtmp.0.dylib file (the version shipped with XBMC being the latest stable file, but out of date). A lot of posts suggested downloading BlueCop's version from his site, but I continued to have problems with that one. Finally found a more recent thread on an NBA topic (credit: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101938&pid=1106384#pid1106384) which suggested a different version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n18xpqqkgrwzggm

Replacing the /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib with that one did the trick for me. Streaming is working again!

(2012-06-20, 04:10)dfa82 Wrote:
(2012-06-17, 23:25)unicus Wrote:
BlakeM Wrote:working default.py
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lcrl67vcy6bzif

AUZambo, this worked for me on my ATV2. Put it in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3

I have no idea where this default.py came from or when it was released but it worked for me on the apple tv 2. Thank you so much!
I at least am now able to open the plugin and see the menus within it...now it's back to only playing a second or two before going back to the previous menu. I'll go back and retry that .dylib file thing I requoted above.

*EDIT: Sweet...finally back up and running.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - dfa82 - 2012-06-25

If anyone has been able to get ESPN and ESPN 2 content to show up through Comcast, I'd love to know how you did it. ESPN 3 plays without a problem using the newer librtmp and the default.py a few posts above.

I was able to get the directory listings for live ESPN and ESPN 2 content to show up, but they're not playing, even when I have my login information (which works through a browser and the watchespn apps). I noticed that ESPN 3 content has a bamID and bamContent number in their descriptions, but the ESPN and ESPN 2 shows do not. I'm wondering if they're somehow authenticating Comcast users differently for ESPN and ESPN 2 content.

What makes me think this is because - I know this was awhile back - bluecop mentioned to post what was at this link: http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/espnnetworks/user

When I go there, I get this: { "espn3":"comcast", "networks":"invalid" }

I don't know, I've done some searching but haven't really found anything, so if anyone has had any better luck than me, I'd love to hear it!

Oh yeah, apple tv 2.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - milli - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-25, 21:27)dfa82 Wrote: If anyone has been able to get ESPN and ESPN 2 content to show up through Comcast, I'd love to know how you did it. ESPN 3 plays without a problem using the newer librtmp and the default.py a few posts above.

I was able to get the directory listings for live ESPN and ESPN 2 content to show up, but they're not playing, even when I have my login information (which works through a browser and the watchespn apps). I noticed that ESPN 3 content has a bamID and bamContent number in their descriptions, but the ESPN and ESPN 2 shows do not. I'm wondering if they're somehow authenticating Comcast users differently for ESPN and ESPN 2 content.

What makes me think this is because - I know this was awhile back - bluecop mentioned to post what was at this link: http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/espnnetworks/user

I don't know, I've done some searching but haven't really found anything, so if anyone has had any better luck than me, I'd love to hear it!

Oh yeah, apple tv 2.

+1. I would like to know that as well. It would really help when people say it works, if they could also provide the channels and the provider name. I guess it is causing lot of confusion to exactly know what works and what doesn't.

FYI, from what I found out(from the browser), at least with comcast to play videos from espn/espn2, it is passing two other parameters(big hash value related to the provider) that are not being used by this plugin. I tried to see where to get those parameters but couldn't find it.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - cmckitterick - 2012-06-27

(2012-06-25, 21:58)milli Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 21:27)dfa82 Wrote: If anyone has been able to get ESPN and ESPN 2 content to show up through Comcast, I'd love to know how you did it. ESPN 3 plays without a problem using the newer librtmp and the default.py a few posts above.

Oh yeah, apple tv 2.

+1. I would like to know that as well. It would really help when people say it works, if they could also provide the channels and the provider name. I guess it is causing lot of confusion to exactly know what works and what doesn't.

FYI, from what I found out(from the browser), at least with comcast to play videos from espn/espn2, it is passing two other parameters(big hash value related to the provider) that are not being used by this plugin. I tried to see where to get those parameters but couldn't find it.

Add me to this list. I only pay for basic cable, so I don't have a huge problem with not getting ESPN or ESPN2. However, I used to get those streams in the past and if I still can, I'd definitely like to get that fixed.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - CHRONiC YOUTH - 2012-06-30

I actually have a valid time warner cable acct (my moms) that I normally use to watch espn and espn 2 on my atv2 and I have been getting "ERROR" when attempting to play the live feed for quite a while now, it doesnt even attempt to open the stream or show a spinning wheels and I know the acct is valid because it works on the espn site... heres my log

LOG: http://tinypaste.com/a6e2e710

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locomot1f - 2012-07-01

(2012-06-30, 08:32)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: I actually have a valid time warner cable acct (my moms) that I normally use to watch espn and espn 2 on my atv2 and I have been getting "ERROR" when attempting to play the live feed for quite a while now, it doesnt even attempt to open the stream or show a spinning wheels and I know the acct is valid because it works on the espn site... heres my log

umm... this log is not any ATV 2 log that I've ever seen. With all that HTML referencing, I have to ask, do you have it setup to try and watch through the browser? if so, there's your problem.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - CHRONiC YOUTH - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 16:25)locomot1f Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 08:32)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: I actually have a valid time warner cable acct (my moms) that I normally use to watch espn and espn 2 on my atv2 and I have been getting "ERROR" when attempting to play the live feed for quite a while now, it doesnt even attempt to open the stream or show a spinning wheels and I know the acct is valid because it works on the espn site... heres my log

umm... this log is not any ATV 2 log that I've ever seen. With all that HTML referencing, I have to ask, do you have it setup to try and watch through the browser? if so, there's your problem.

As you can see at the top... 23:28:35 T:119861248 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120331-ebfd899), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 5.1.1 (Build 9B206f)). Built on Apr 1 2012, and no I dont have a browser on my ATV 2

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - stephanstricker - 2012-07-02

I tried the latest plugin on my MacMini and wont start. The log says.

ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
14:40:40 T:2954420224 ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/stephan/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3/custom/userdata.xml')
14:40:40 T:2954420224 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):

When I look into that directory the file userdata.xml is not there. Does anybody know how I can create that file?

Stephan

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - milli - 2012-07-02

(2012-06-27, 23:53)cmckitterick Wrote: Add me to this list. I only pay for basic cable, so I don't have a huge problem with not getting ESPN or ESPN2. However, I used to get those streams in the past and if I still can, I'd definitely like to get that fixed.

As bluecop mentioned in an earlier post, this addon is not supposed to hack and play what you are not subscribed to. If you can't play in the browser, it is not going to work in the addon as well.

Now for the argument it worked before and not now:

Providers usually leave it open initially(for different reasons) until they decide to enforce subscription check. I have had those kind of free services from comcast in the past until one fine day they blocked them.

The problem which many others experience currently is whatever works in browser doesn't work in the addon any more.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - stephanstricker - 2012-07-03

I used the default.py and it at least brings the video stream back but audio is missing.

Stephan

(2012-06-25, 20:40)AUZambo Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 02:07)canadave Wrote: Trying to watch on my ATV2...it's always worked, but last time I used it was a few months ago. Now, I try to watch live ESPN3 feed, it appears to start--I can see about two seconds of the video--but then it crashes back to the previous screen, without any error message. Any ideas?
When I was having this issue I fixed it with this information:

(2012-06-10, 07:37)stuartclan Wrote: Thought I'd post this since it seems like other ATV2/XBMC/ESPN3 users might be having problems with this as well.

I tried streaming the EURO 2012 games today on my ATV2 and it kept failing (seemed to start for a split second and stop - no GUI errors). So, I decided it was time to update to the newest iOS and latest Seas0nPass since I was still on 5.0 and thought that might be the problem (didn't check the forums). After getting everything back up (including a fresh install of XBMC/BlueCop repo), I was having the same problems as before. My error logs had the following error:

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

I searched around and found folks saying this is a problem with the librtmp.0.dylib file (the version shipped with XBMC being the latest stable file, but out of date). A lot of posts suggested downloading BlueCop's version from his site, but I continued to have problems with that one. Finally found a more recent thread on an NBA topic (credit: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101938&pid=1106384#pid1106384) which suggested a different version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n18xpqqkgrwzggm

Replacing the /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib with that one did the trick for me. Streaming is working again!

(2012-06-20, 04:10)dfa82 Wrote:
(2012-06-17, 23:25)unicus Wrote: AUZambo, this worked for me on my ATV2. Put it in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3

I have no idea where this default.py came from or when it was released but it worked for me on the apple tv 2. Thank you so much!
I at least am now able to open the plugin and see the menus within it...now it's back to only playing a second or two before going back to the previous menu. I'll go back and retry that .dylib file thing I requoted above.

*EDIT: Sweet...finally back up and running.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Hamakawama - 2012-07-05

Hi,
i need some help... Im tryin to get espn3 run on my windows based pc (win 7 64)... Last time ive got it run on my pc was around october, last year... Befor they changed up that default.py thing with editing it...
When i remember wright, u needed a membership on espn3 or something like that and needed to enter your data onto that default.py...
Has something changed since october/november? Or do i still need a runnin "membership"?
Cause im from Germany and im not able to watch college sports on tv... -.- Is there any chance u can help me out?

Add: I already tried that default.py, which is recommended a few post earlier...
Still get that plugin.error....

Greetz Alex

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - stephanstricker - 2012-07-05

I dont think this is a problem of having an account ot not. I do have a valid account and added the information and the plugin still does not work. From the log file it seems like the plugin is looking for a file that does not exist.

14:40:40 T:2954420224 ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/stephan/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3/custom/userdata.xml')

Does anybody use this plugin on a mac? Does this file exist?

Stephan

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - jefe - 2012-07-05

It does not appear that the ESPN3 add on is working. Can anyone verify that it is?

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - ksosez - 2012-07-06

Make sure you select "create new user files" in the preferences the first time you run it (then deselect if after they are created).

(2012-07-05, 15:19)stephanstricker Wrote: I dont think this is a problem of having an account ot not. I do have a valid account and added the information and the plugin still does not work. From the log file it seems like the plugin is looking for a file that does not exist.

Does anybody use this plugin on a mac? Does this file exist?

Stephan

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locomot1f - 2012-07-06

(2012-07-01, 23:14)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: As you can see at the top... 23:28:35 T:119861248 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120331-ebfd899), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 5.1.1 (Build 9B206f)). Built on Apr 1 2012, and no I dont have a browser on my ATV 2

I'm not saying that you have a browser on your ATV 2.
But one of the options under the configuration of this Plugin, is to play the content through a browser (firefox).
So I was just checking to make sure that this option is not selected under the configuration.

When was the last time this worked for you? Maybe go through the threads to see if people started having some similar issues.

but to everyone. Everything is working. just watched the Wimbledon Semis.