Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)

- mbah.pande - 2011-11-16

brightsr Wrote:I'll make it work with pre-eden nightly build soon. Before that, you can use by extracting zip file into addon folder manually and restarting XBMC.

extracting directly still not work Huh waiting for your update

thanks

- Hack_kid - 2011-11-16

brightsr Wrote:@Heck_kid :
No problem on Arch linux.
Fetching from accuweather.com is involving a lot of pages, so it sometimes get errors depending on internet connection, but I don't understand why temp is going up so high like yours.

read below

- Hack_kid - 2011-11-16

ok on pc now:

this doesnt make sense my setup is a as new and stock as it gets i just reinstalled xbmclive about a week ago nothing is differing on the install then from a normal one. i will sest on 11.10 and 11.10 as well but i dont know. and ithe script fails EVERY boot and i have a decent internet connection could the router be blocking a port needed? i dont think so. what can i do to help because ive been using the addon for months and the problem just started recently its not me ask noid i'm a good debugger usually if i find a bug its there. can we chat live? like on mirc or something get this figured out?

- Hack_kid - 2011-11-16

oops double post

- Hack_kid - 2011-11-16

there are many errors in this log regarding weather plus

http://pastebin.com/GXZghjgR

- remmirt - 2011-11-16

How do I change the temp from Centigrade to Fahrenheit? Thanks in advance.

- Hack_kid - 2011-11-16

brightsr what are u using GIT or dharma? i think its a eden issue i'm having

- brightsr - 2011-11-16

Hack_kid Wrote:brightsr what are u using GIT or dharma? i think its a eden issue i'm having

Oh, you're using GIT? It'll not work properly on GIT as for now. I'm working for that and I'll release 2.4.1 soon. After that, we can continue to talk about this.

- brightsr - 2011-11-17

@ Hack_kid: I got what the problem is. on Dharma or old pre-eden version, XBMC doesn't convert unit because it's already converted when fetching it. But after weather.com api is vanished, XBMC always converts units and reform other information (like wind or humidity) after addon has made all weather properties. Because the addon is always considering xbmc's localization setting and giving properties already converted properly (e.g, when US user using accuweather.com, C -> F), the properties are converted again eventually now. ( F considered as C -> F ). So current temperature is always double-calculated. I think it should be changed. Because all the information is displayed right after addon's job done, we have to see both information before/after converted by XBMC whenever refreshing. I've already made it to give temperature in C, but if you'd like F? you have to see degree converting process like blinking digits. I don't like it. What do you think?

Hoo, anyway, excuse my horrible English.

- fional - 2011-11-17

brightsr Wrote:@ Hack_kid: I got what the problem is. on Dharma or old pre-eden version, XBMC doesn't convert unit because it's already converted when fetching it. But after weather.com api is vanished, XBMC always converts units and reform other information (like wind or humidity) after addon has made all weather properties. Because the addon is always considering xbmc's localization setting and giving properties already converted properly (e.g, when US user using accuweather.com, C -> F), the properties are converted again eventually now. ( F considered as C -> F ). So current temperature is always double-calculated. I think it should be changed. Because all the information is displayed right after addon's job done, we have to see both information before/after converted by XBMC whenever refreshing. I've already made it to give temperature in C, but if you'd like F? you have to see degree converting process like blinking digits. I don't like it. What do you think?

Hi,

I'm still having the same issues I was having before the update. It doesn't seem to be handling Ireland very well. The current conditions is coming in all upper case, so for me, it doesn't seem to be doing the animated icon as a result.

I might be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure. I could post a log, but it seems to be much the same as the one before?

I love this add-on, it's the first thing I show off when I show people my system!

Thanks

- Hack_kid - 2011-11-17

brightsr Wrote:@ Hack_kid: I got what the problem is. on Dharma or old pre-eden version, XBMC doesn't convert unit because it's already converted when fetching it. But after weather.com api is vanished, XBMC always converts units and reform other information (like wind or humidity) after addon has made all weather properties. Because the addon is always considering xbmc's localization setting and giving properties already converted properly (e.g, when US user using accuweather.com, C -> F), the properties are converted again eventually now. ( F considered as C -> F ). So current temperature is always double-calculated. I think it should be changed. Because all the information is displayed right after addon's job done, we have to see both information before/after converted by XBMC whenever refreshing. I've already made it to give temperature in C, but if you'd like F? you have to see degree converting process like blinking digits. I don't like it. What do you think?

well if thats the only way to do it unless spitff or whoever did the weather work can change it i would just do that. its better then what it is now. i live in the US we dont use Celsius here lol were dumb and ignoriant

- brightsr - 2011-11-18

fional Wrote:Hi,

I'm still having the same issues I was having before the update. It doesn't seem to be handling Ireland very well. The current conditions is coming in all upper case, so for me, it doesn't seem to be doing the animated icon as a result.

I might be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure. I could post a log, but it seems to be much the same as the one before?

I love this add-on, it's the first thing I show off when I show people my system!

Thanks

Do you use Accuweather.com? if do, it's normal that the current condition is in uppercase. If you don't like it, I can change it like weather.com's one.

You have a problem with animated icons? icon file name usually have only numbers, so it's not due to condition in uppercase. it's may be due to your skin or skin's setting. if you can let me know what skin you use, I can test on that.

- brightsr - 2011-11-18

Hack_kid Wrote:well if thats the only way to do it unless spitff or whoever did the weather work can change it i would just do that. its better then what it is now. i live in the US we dont use Celsius here lol were dumb and ignoriant

oh well, I've made it work with new pre-eden build, but I found some other bugs and something to be improved, I'll release next update after all those done.

- Hack_kid - 2011-11-18

looking forward to it!

- PatK - 2011-11-18

Whoa is to be tied... updated my nightly and my weather plus has disappeared! Yup... gone, downloaded a new weather plugin that is quite inferior. Sigh.. what's to be done... a sniff re-install?