Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 (/showthread.php?tid=96977)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- ekim232 - 2011-04-26

Hitcher Wrote:Can I suggest you upload it as a ZIP so people can install it through the Add-on browser.

Forgot all about that!

Link has been changed to a zip file.

- DPickles - 2011-04-26

ekim232 Wrote:I have never ran on Linux, so I am not sure exactly why that would be happening. I do use some lower case and uppper case within my coding. I was unaware it effected Linux users.

Linux is case sensitive. If your file is "image.jpg" and you've wrote "Image.jpg", it wont read it. At least in my extremely limited experience. Not sure if this involves extensions though?

- DazNoonan - 2011-04-26

Just installing on ATV2, will let you know my findings...

- Devaron - 2011-04-26

Thanks ekim232! I'm gonna try it out.

- bandelguy - 2011-04-26

A lil bit of Xperience, Elipsis, Aeon, Alaska is in Prescence. Overall, its awesome and smooth. A big thanks for the Weather+ addon Support by default.

In tv shows, on pressing "I", the banner changes into poster and gets distorted. Now, in case of some tv shows, there are no posters in tvdb. So, I have to use banners.

I use Moviedb and Tvdb for movies and tv shows info respectively. But in the info fields, I see IMDB logo. What are the images in media /flags /scrapers meant for?

In Multiplex , wide icons and landscape slide, I see folder images for TV shows.Do I need to place thumbnails in the folders to show?

- ekim232 - 2011-04-26

bandelguy Wrote:A lil bit of Xperience, Elipsis, Aeon, Alaska is in Prescence. Overall, its awesome and smooth. A big thanks for the Weather+ addon Support by default.

In tv shows, on pressing "I", the banner changes into poster and gets distorted. Now, in case of some tv shows, there are no posters in tvdb. So, I have to use banners.

I use Moviedb and Tvdb for movies and tv shows info respectively. But in the info fields, I see IMDB logo. What are the images in media /flags /scrapers meant for?

In Multiplex , wide icons and landscape slide, I see folder images for TV shows.Do I need to place thumbnails in the folders to show?

Thanks for the comments. The skin is designed to use posters as a default for tv shows. It then uses banner.jpg for banner views and landscape.jpg for all landscape views. I did this because I feel posters are the most common and it was already my default. Posters will then always be the default in the info screens as well. Fill in your tv show folders with those naming conventions and the skin will work properly. Their is a script within the setting>addons section that will download the images and name them for you. This is common in most skins now.

I put the IMDB logo in there since I use IMDB to scrap. IMDB has the largest and most reliable movie rating system, so that is why I put their logo their. Moviedb has a much smaller community, so I don't feel their ratings are significant.

The images in media/flags/scrapers are for the content dialog. It just shows the image of the scraper logo when available.

- pieh - 2011-04-26

zepfan Wrote:As requested here's the screen shot.

Other than those two issues, I can't find anymore. (I'll test it more tomorrow)
to fix icons in home window go to skin's directory /media/home icons and rename 'Default' to 'default'. Also of you want to use other set of icons rename 'Set 2' to 'set 2'.

Nice skin ekim232!

Issue:

when using QuickNav (M in window other than player window) ang going to movies/tvshows (propably all of these items, but I don't have any music/pictures content) I can't navigate through items (propably some control has focus and can't focus container) - I have to do some action first (like press Tab twice / go to Now playing and back) to focus container

- ekim232 - 2011-04-26

grajen3 Wrote:to fix icons in home window go to skin's directory /media/home icons and rename 'Default' to 'default'. Also of you want to use other set of icons rename 'Set 2' to 'set 2'.

Nice skin ekim232!

Thanks for pointing that out. Will correct on my end for next release!

- T.M. - 2011-04-26

Nice Skin but where ist the exit/shutdown button ?

- SynstrShn - 2011-04-26

really excited to see this skin! perfect mix of xperience, alsaska, and ellipses! But still different enough. I cant seem to ever get rid of xperience, I love that skin but to me this seems like its more up to date and I will be using this skin from now on! can't wait for final! Thanks keep up the good work!

- ekim232 - 2011-04-26

T.M. Wrote:Nice Skin but where ist the exit/shutdown button ?

Press "S"

Works in every window

- T.M. - 2011-04-26

oooh...ok...thx.

Will you add in the finale release an extra exit/shutdown button like the other skins?

I hope so, i dont have a "S" button on my MCE remote Sad

Sorry for my bad english, im from germany Wink

- DazNoonan - 2011-04-26

Does look good... On the home screen could we get the words for the other boxes in each one before clicking on them like Alaska Revisited, it would help to see what was next when you pressed right/left.

Other than that on the ATV2 it seems quite fast, and does look really nice. Still testing through the areas etc... so will report back again. Hopefully you can make the above happen?

- zepfan - 2011-04-26

grajen3 Wrote:to fix icons in home window go to skin's directory /media/home icons and rename 'Default' to 'default'. Also of you want to use other set of icons rename 'Set 2' to 'set 2'.

Good call! I thought they were just in /media. Thanks.

Anyone else using linux and have the info always at the top of the screen like I do? No other skin does it. I know it's enabled by default in Foundation, so maybe Hitcher would know how to disable it.

- Broads - 2011-04-26

Lovely job Ekim, I really like what you have done here, and will certainly switch to this for a while, however I too would really like a main menu option to be added for shut down, my remote also does not have a button for shuting down and its a pain to have to get the keyboard out.

Keep up the awsome work.