Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

- teefer22 - 2011-09-19

bradatkins Wrote:You're right, I found that out, and it is working!

Do you know (or anyone) if they have the typical hockey games streamed on here? Right now it just looks more like their news segments and such

Last season, TSN didn't stream any NHL hockey. The only exception is special things like IIHF and world juniors.

This season, I was looking forward to seeing if the ESPN3 plugin had any hockey on it as the quality on ESPN3 is great. But as of a couple days ago, it's blocked from outside the USA.

There is a "Sports Devil" plugin that may be promising to watch some hockey, but i've never tried it before. I'm going to give that one a try this season.

CBC did stream some live hockey games (the same ones that were on CBC TV) and they were watchable from the Canada on Demand plugin on my PC, but they didn't work on the Apple TV 2 for some strange reason. CBC's streaming quality of live games was quite poor last year also so I didn't spend much time on it.

- teefer22 - 2011-09-19

allmotormark Wrote:I can't get any treehouse video's working, most of the time i click on something and an empty directory shows up. my librtmp was already updated....any other hints?

I don't think there is anything you can do to get treehouse working. I've never tried it before but I suspect that it did work at one time. I also suspect that Treehouse changed their site since this plugin was last updated.

GlobalTV is also broken and is in the same boat. It used to work but needs an update to make it work again.

Someone posted a few messages ago that the creator of this plugin has been busy at work and unable to make changes. I'm still hoping he'll come back when he's got more time and can make some updates.

- cgraham - 2011-09-19

teefer22 Wrote:Last season, TSN didn't stream any NHL hockey. The only exception is special things like IIHF and world juniors.

This season, I was looking forward to seeing if the ESPN3 plugin had any hockey on it as the quality on ESPN3 is great. But as of a couple days ago, it's blocked from outside the USA.

There is a "Sports Devil" plugin that may be promising to watch some hockey, but i've never tried it before. I'm going to give that one a try this season.

CBC did stream some live hockey games (the same ones that were on CBC TV) and they were watchable from the Canada on Demand plugin on my PC, but they didn't work on the Apple TV 2 for some strange reason. CBC's streaming quality of live games was quite poor last year also so I didn't spend much time on it.

I've used Sports Devil to watch some hockey, and it is passible but not great. Also, ususally only one stream is any good in the list - it's far from ideal but its great for the price.

- allmotormark - 2011-09-19

teefer22 Wrote:I don't think there is anything you can do to get treehouse working. I've never tried it before but I suspect that it did work at one time. I also suspect that Treehouse changed their site since this plugin was last updated.

GlobalTV is also broken and is in the same boat. It used to work but needs an update to make it work again.

Someone posted a few messages ago that the creator of this plugin has been busy at work and unable to make changes. I'm still hoping he'll come back when he's got more time and can make some updates.

thanks thought it was just me, its too bad a lot of this stuff is geo-blocked going through other add-ons

- bradatkins - 2011-09-20

Interesting comments. So my ATV2 is hooked up to my 50" plasma, so comments about quality don't sound to promising.

Have you tried hockeystreams.com ? I tried it briefly the other night but couldn't get it working and didn't try to hard at the time. Maybe I'll get it going tonight

- bradatkins - 2011-09-20

Just noticed NHL Gamecenter Live, gonna see if there's a plugin for that!

http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/cdsignup.jsp

Help with CityTV and librtmp - richardgiroux - 2011-09-20

I am having trouble getting CityTV to work.

I drop in replaced the librtmp.dll with the one from the rtmpdump site but citytv still doesn't work. I can't seem to find a simple answer on how to get the rtmpdump working on a windows system.

Any help would be appreciated.

- ronmcse - 2011-09-20

I am a little confused. Could someone explain what rtmp and librtmp are? I am using a Macbook pro osX lion and an apple tv 2. Neither one can play much on the Canada on Demand plugin. I can get a few news stations to play but that is all, every thing else give me a Playback failed error. I live in the US, does that matter? Or do I need to configure something with this rtmp talk? I recently installed XBMC on both my Macbook and Apple TV 2 last week with the most current nightly build last week. Thanks

- teefer22 - 2011-09-20

ronmcse Wrote:I am a little confused. Could someone explain what rtmp and librtmp are? I am using a Macbook pro osX lion and an apple tv 2. Neither one can play much on the Canada on Demand plugin. I can get a few news stations to play but that is all, every thing else give me a Playback failed error. I live in the US, does that matter? Or do I need to configure something with this rtmp talk? I recently installed XBMC on both my Macbook and Apple TV 2 last week with the most current nightly build last week. Thanks

Most of the content is region blocked to Canada. Just like most of the content in the USA is region blocked to only be viewable from the US. There is a Proxy setting in the add-on settings. If you could find a canadian proxy you might be able to get it to work but I've never tested it and don't have any way to test that as I'm in Canada.

If you can use the Hulu plugin or the Free Cable plugin (ABC Family specifically requires an updated librtmp) and view the content from there, then your librtmp is just fine.

If you can't view ABC Family on the Free Cable plugin then you will need to replace your librtmp file. Look at this thread on how to do it on your ATV2:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103091&page=2

You'll need to replace a similar file on your mac but I can't help you with that one.

Update broke CityTV entirely - richardgiroux - 2011-09-21

With the latest update, CityTV is fully broken. (No menus, no shows)

Is there any way that I can help? I don't know python but I could hack away with a little guidance.

- teefer22 - 2011-09-21

richardgiroux Wrote:With the latest update, CityTV is fully broken. (No menus, no shows)

Is there any way that I can help? I don't know python but I could hack away with a little guidance.

Yep, CityTV is broken. So is GlobalTV and Treehouse.

The code is on AndrePL's repository. I can't offer any tips as I've barely looked at it myself.

Canada On Demand - Mac Paul - 2011-09-21

I have read the instructions in several place, but I cannot get it to work. I see the iPlayer folder but when I click on it, nothing happens, is there a trick? I a on a Mac, OS X.
Thanks

- richardgiroux - 2011-09-21

I'm going to take a crack at it. I appreciate all the work that has gone into this plugin and I think it is invaluable for Canadians who are looking for alternatives to cable TV.

If anyone has some knowledge that I can use to begin to debug the code to adjust to the changes made by CityTV, please post in this thread.

Of course not only do I not know anything about XBMC or python, I know nothing about screen scraping either. Be gentle.

- richardgiroux - 2011-09-21

Edit: Simple edit to get CityTV menus back - edit the brigthcove.py file (and rename the brightcove.pyo file)

Edit the section below:

class CityTV(CityTVBaseChannel):
short_name = 'citytv'
long_name = "CityTV"
# root_url = "/video/navigation.htm?N=0&type=shows&sort=Display"
root_url = "/video/navigation.htm?sort=Display&N=0&No=0&type=shows"

Still don't have the videos playing yet.

- birchwood - 2011-09-21

I just updated my librtmp file last night (for the first time, using the one previously referenced) and CityTV is working fine for me on my ATV2. I'm using XBMC 10.0-9

Global and Treehouse don't work as expected.