Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - tuxonapogostick - 2012-07-26

(2012-07-25, 02:40)Pednick Wrote: ... and which one should I trust yours or marius-muja? Cool
I am currently using marius-muja's version. It's working like a charm.
(2012-07-25, 02:40)Pednick Wrote: ok why are there two versions of the plugin..
You make a good point. Canadians should work more collaboratively I guess.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - looi - 2012-07-26

(2012-07-25, 02:40)Pednick Wrote: ok why are there two versions of the plugin and which one should I trust yours or marius-muja? Cool

Currently they are the same as we have included each other's fixes, except right now mine has an additional HGTV fix.

(2012-07-25, 23:36)dezzy04 Wrote: I downloaded looi's zip and installed it but it still says andre is the author. I tried uninstalling it and installing looi's. But still the same.

I did not change the author's name, neither did marius.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - ncube2 - 2012-07-26

Have a weird issue with this Plugin, i can play video when i start the plugin for first time and then all next attempts to play any video fail. Even the one that played earlier.
If i re-start xbmc again it plays the first video then fails again. Is there a fix for this.

Also like above poster mentioned i dont see any listings under HGTV.. Can someone help me out.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - rwhittaker70 - 2012-07-29

Is there an effort to allow the plugin to work with CTV's olympics stream on ctvolympics.ca, or does their reliance on Silverlight make that more difficult?..

Thanks,
Richard.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Talus - 2012-07-29

I tried to get at the stream yesterday, but yeah, Silverlight seems to be the problem. There must be a way, I just can't figure it out with my limited knowledge.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Montol - 2012-08-07

Blerg, maybe someone here can help me out, since it seems you're all fellow Canucks. I'm trialing Unblock Us right now, and have set up their DNS addresses on my Linksys router running TomatoUSB firmware.

The good news is, this setup makes Hulu on XBMC work. The bad news is, it breaks this Canada on Demand add-on.

So, I'm sort of stuck now. I love the Canada on Demand app (thanks to looi for the update btw) but it only functions when I remove the Unblock US DNS information from my router.

I was under the impression the Unblock US DNS addresses were only supposed to kick in when I was trying to access US content. Any ideas from you fine folks what I'm doing wrong? I've tried searching this forum and Google already, but I'm thinking I'm either searching for the wrong terms, or phrasing the questions wrong.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you all.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - vijayk416 - 2012-08-07

Sounds like you will need to maintain a proxy server in one of the addons. I can't remember if CoD has one in the settings but Hulu certainly does, so I update it with active proxy servers 1-2 times a weeks. Personally, I don't have a paid Hulu account so I find that I use it a lot less as the content on it appears to be pretty poor relative to CoD.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - cablegoon - 2012-08-07

(2012-08-07, 00:53)Montol Wrote: Blerg, maybe someone here can help me out, since it seems you're all fellow Canucks. I'm trialing Unblock Us right now, and have set up their DNS addresses on my Linksys router running TomatoUSB firmware.

The good news is, this setup makes Hulu on XBMC work. The bad news is, it breaks this Canada on Demand add-on.

So, I'm sort of stuck now. I love the Canada on Demand app (thanks to looi for the update btw) but it only functions when I remove the Unblock US DNS information from my router.

I was under the impression the Unblock US DNS addresses were only supposed to kick in when I was trying to access US content. Any ideas from you fine folks what I'm doing wrong? I've tried searching this forum and Google already, but I'm thinking I'm either searching for the wrong terms, or phrasing the questions wrong.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you all.

Same problem here – there isint any seamless solution – I played around with it and it worked for a bit then it went back to blocking Canadian content.
You can do two things – use another router - one with unblock and one without or if your using an ATV2 – use one router and the hardwired one can be CAD content and the wireless one can be American or switch it around.
Unblock US dosent support XBMC and are clueless when you ask them anything about it

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - RustyTheCat - 2012-08-07

https://github.com/looi/plugin.video.canada.on.demand

sorry guys, but, am I missing something? I cannot download the Master file to update this plug-in, is there a way, and if so, please spell it out for me.
Much appreciated,
Russ

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - ETank - 2012-08-11

Just another Canuck saying thanks for a great add-on! I'm in the process of building my HTPC, and am researching what I want to throw on it - exciting!!!! Now I just need to find a seamless way to play CBC Radio streams through XBMC.....

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - micahg - 2012-08-11

ETank,

CBC's radio (1/2/3 and podcasts) are all available without any significant effort. If you can code an plugin would be easy!

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - evolart - 2012-08-12

Just getting Error "Script Failed" with Looi's

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - brookz - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-12, 01:35)evolart Wrote: Just getting Error "Script Failed" with Looi's

On all channels and shows?

I know some don't work.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - evolart - 2012-08-12

I tried about 10 channels and random shows under. This was only after trying Looi's and Muja's. The original script worked just didn't play the streams without an error. SuperTV also does this, but Free Cable works without trouble.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - RustyTheCat - 2012-08-12

I want to update this repository, to the looi master/branches, how do I do that? and please, I am NOT versed in Github. Will someone post a zip? PLEASE!
Russ