Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

- andre_pl - 2011-03-22

SDM2011 Wrote:Noticed two small bugs after bookmarking CTV Local News / Toronto:

1. I typed in a label of "CTV Toronto", but it shows in my bookmarks as just Toronto, ie. it's not displaying the label I specified. Tried it a couple times to confirm.

2. Bookmarking sub-headings, like Toronto under CTV Local News, doesn't have an image associated with it under bookmarks. A sensible default would be to use the image from its parent, CTV Local News.

Both fixed, but you probably wont get the icon unless you delete/re-add the bookmark.

as for the channel logo's.... I'm lazy, and that's no fun Smile i can't put a background behind them in the plugin, the images would all need to be edited, and that's a big tedious pain in the butt if you ask me.

one of these days I'll get around to it, or if someone else wants to do it I'll pull their changes into the repository.

- moosenoz - 2011-03-22

PatK Wrote:I didn't have a chance to resize this. 3megs 1400 Image

thanks for the poster. appreciate it

- andre_pl - 2011-03-23

For anyone who might be interested, I've added a new plugin to my repository containing lots of live news streams from cspan, al-jazeera, bbc, cnn etc.

thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=757276#post757276

Bookmark sorting by title - icharania - 2011-03-24

SimonMTL Wrote:Just finished going through all channels, and adding Bookmarks.

Works extremely well, just a shame that they show in the order that we put them, and we can't just do an alphabetical listing (option is greyed out).

The Bookmark option is an IMMENSE improvement over the past versions, it really helps keep tight control over our shows, organize to our preference, and keep away the clutter.

Is it possible to add sorting by bookmark name?

- andre_pl - 2011-03-24

icharania Wrote:Is it possible to add sorting by bookmark name?

added in 0.3.7

- SDM2011 - 2011-03-25

Noticed some changes. The sort order of the episodes is now chronological instead of reverse chronological. Not sure if that changed in the plugin or on the server, but reverse chronological probably makes more sense, but maybe that's just me.

I also noticed that I can't play the extended interviews for The Daily Show or the Colbert Report.

Also the extended interview on The Daily Show wasn't bundled with the episode parts like it was for the Colbert Report, I had to look it up under a separate section. Could be a miscategorization on their end, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for the great plugin!

- bluenote - 2011-03-25

hey Andre,

Great work, thanks so much. I see that somehow you've solved the ctv issues that you thought weren't going to be solved until a librtmp update. What luck!

I just noticed that sorting has changed, to alphabetical. This makes the various news channels quite a bit less useful. I'm not sure what the solve is, because I assume alphabetical does work nicely at the top level. It was most convenient having the news sorted with the newest at the top though.

thanks for considering!

- andre_pl - 2011-03-25

bluenote Wrote:hey Andre,

Great work, thanks so much. I see that somehow you've solved the ctv issues that you thought weren't going to be solved until a librtmp update. What luck!

I didn't actually solve the issue, I just made the workaround 'use_rtmp' option the default for those channels, so you don't have to select it from the menu every time. anything that *requires* rtmpe still fails.

bluenote Wrote:I just noticed that sorting has changed, to alphabetical. This makes the various news channels quite a bit less useful. I'm not sure what the solve is, because I assume alphabetical does work nicely at the top level. It was most convenient having the news sorted with the newest at the top though.

thanks for considering!

Thanks I just quickly patched in support for 'date' and 'label' sorting across the whole plugin, you may be able to manually set the news channels to sort by date, but I have a feeling the date field might not be set on most channels... I'll take a look at it tomorrow though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

- qumip - 2011-03-25

Thanks for this plugin.

Please add, if possible, TVO: http://www.tvo.org/TVO/WebObjects/TVO.woa?video

- andre_pl - 2011-03-25

qumip Wrote:Thanks for this plugin.

Please add, if possible, TVO: http://www.tvo.org/TVO/WebObjects/TVO.woa?video

unfortunately they use brightcove as their backend, and will require rtmpe/handshake 9 support. so it wont be possible until librtmp catches up.

- renaudtrudel - 2011-03-25

...and until we crack the brightcove nut.

access to the video url directly isn't possible at this time and requires special tokens/keys which are heavily guarded by most channels.

- SimonMTL - 2011-03-25

renaudtrudel Wrote:...and until we crack the brightcove nut.

access to the video url directly isn't possible at this time and requires special tokens/keys which are heavily guarded by most channels.

Which will probably become the norm for all channels in the future, so it won't be wasted time to figure it out! I'm sure others are also working on some workaround.

- SimonMTL - 2011-03-25

bluenote Wrote:I just noticed that sorting has changed, to alphabetical. This makes the various news channels quite a bit less useful. I'm not sure what the solve is, because I assume alphabetical does work nicely at the top level. It was most convenient having the news sorted with the newest at the top though.
!

Also, when listing in alphabetical order in the bookmarks, shows are listed from Z to A!! Just a bit unusual!Big Grin

- andre_pl - 2011-03-25

SimonMTL Wrote:Which will probably become the norm for all channels in the future, so it won't be wasted time to figure it out! I'm sure others are also working on some workaround.

bolverk has put me on to an amazing discovery in this area... rtmpdump (the latest svn version) is able to somehow trick the server into using handshake 6 instead of 9, and the latest xbmc is able to use an external librtmp... So.. right now I'm watching all of the 'Bad' channels flawlessly on my htpc, no handshake errors. all of muchmusic works, etc. Its not something we can package into the plugin, but it works, and that's awesome.

- bolverk - 2011-03-25

renaudtrudel Wrote:...and until we crack the brightcove nut.

Brightcove shouldn't be too difficult. There's an example of how to do it in Perl here: in get-flash-videos. The trick would be to make that work in Python/XBMC. Andre and I discussed it and it doesn't look like there's a direct Python substitute for Data::AMF, but there is something that might be suitable.

-Dan