Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - alibaba011 - 2013-09-01

(2013-08-16, 06:04)thom13 Wrote: I see others have had this problem but can't tell if there's been a fix:

I'm in Canada and use unblockus to access content from the States. A large portion of content on COD ends up getting geoblocked as a result, though unblockus is supposed to be smarter than that. A Google search notes that unblockus doesn't support XBMC - has anyone from the community here found a fix?

Thanks

p.s. I'm using XBMC Frodo on Win7

hi,
you need to have openwrt router or tomato router. If you use bell or rogers routers, only option they have change dns.
If you have openwrt, you can use this file to filter only us address. at least this is what i use. thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - icharania - 2013-09-13

(2013-08-30, 23:22)teefer22 Wrote: So I believe the streams are encrypted (just like CityTV and Fox) and at this point I don't think there is a way around it. At least not with my skills.

I'm hoping i'm wrong and someone smarter than me figures it out!

Maybe the alternative is to make use of add-ons like these for encrypted channels (like CityTV, GlobalTV, Bravo, etc):
Chrome Launcher (Windows/OS X/Linux)
XBMC WebBrowser (Windows only)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - zxarr - 2013-09-13

Wait... GlobalTV is encrypted?

Why can I watch it fine on my Linux XBMC box with Canada on Demand?

Did I miss a memo?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - icharania - 2013-09-13

(2013-09-13, 17:30)zxarr Wrote: Wait... GlobalTV is encrypted?

Why can I watch it fine on my Linux XBMC box with Canada on Demand?

Did I miss a memo?

The news works fine, but the TV shows aren't working
(I'm on win 7)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - maherc - 2013-09-15

can someone show me where I can get GlobalTV or CP24 or CTV LIVE . am looking for Toronto Live News channels, Please am still new and looking.?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - jim.thornton - 2013-09-22

I installed COD yesterday. It is painfully slow. When I click on the add-on it opens, about 30+ seconds later Bookmarks an All Channels (or whatever the second option is) appears. then if I click on the channels it says "Working" in the bottom for about 1 minutes or more. This happens for every submenu. is there anything that I can do to speed this up?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - fasteddy - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-22, 17:44)jim.thornton Wrote: I installed COD yesterday. It is painfully slow. When I click on the add-on it opens, about 30+ seconds later Bookmarks an All Channels (or whatever the second option is) appears. then if I click on the channels it says "Working" in the bottom for about 1 minutes or more. This happens for every submenu. is there anything that I can do to speed this up?

Are you using the most recent version of the plugin? The original author seems to have abandoned this long ago, but others have taken it up. Your best bet is to install from the repo mentioned here. It's hosting the most recent version, so it'll update automatically for you.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - maherc - 2013-09-23

when I installed it , I still have REPO 1.1 and Video Addon ver 0.8.4, is that correct?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - joe328 - 2013-10-06

I installed the same as above it works on my iPad but not my two android tablets. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - rlongfield - 2013-10-16

I just got XBMC running and installed this plugin/add-on (or whatever they are called) and I am impressed. I tried some silly web launcher thing in Media Portal but COD is just slick.
2 things though, does COD cache show listings? I ask because I was testing to see how quickly CTV Toronto uploads their News casts and at 1:30 my main XBMC box connected to my TV didn't have todays noon news cast (Oct 16) however when I headed over to my desktop with XBMC installed for testing, the Noon news cast was there for today (Oct 16). If it does cache, how do I refresh/clear the cache?
A slightly related question, does anyone know if Global or CTV Toronto live stream their news (even just the 6 o clock news)?

My second question is perhaps for a different thread, is there a way to get COD on the main menu of Aeon Nox? I'd like to keep awesome features like COD 2 clicks at most for optimum Wife and Kid approval!

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Skyhi - 2013-10-20

Anyone else notice CityTV is working again with 0.7.8?

0.8.4.also works if you use the canwest.py from 0.7.8

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - bash1979 - 2013-10-23

Anyone else having issues with CBC streaming? Other than that, the plugin works great!

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - icharania - 2013-10-23

(2013-10-23, 00:18)bash1979 Wrote: Anyone else having issues with CBC streaming? Other than that, the plugin works great!

Yeah. Looks like CBC has changed their streams.
Issue noted here

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - oldgaf - 2013-10-23

i hope CBC is fixed soon.... I realy use this alot.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - DurhamDev - 2013-10-23

(2013-10-20, 22:50)Skyhi Wrote: Anyone else notice CityTV is working again with 0.7.8? 0.8.4.also works if you use the canwest.py from 0.7.8

How did you get City working? I have 8.4.0 and it's not there?